Hello all

Helll all,

First up big thanks to Confusis for manually authing my account, no idea why it would auth but hey ho.

Recently started shrinking the system. current kit is being replaced off to a new home some new AM4 kit is whisking its way to me soon.

I'll pop some photos up soon of the lovely LZ7 case once I drop the new kit in, the FM2 setup at present isnt ideal, that and the cable Octopus that needs taming.

Reactions: Phuncz and confusis

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
cable Octopus

I wish I could describe just how... weird... those two words are making me feel right now.

I tried googling it, but no one has ever broke out MS paint and made this thing.

So I have.

Behold it in all of its glory.

Reactions: Phuncz

step83

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 23, 2018
I wish I could describe just how... weird... those two words are making me feel right now.

I tried googling it, but no one has ever broke out MS paint and made this thing.

So I have.

XD Thats not far off! I have a 40cm ATX24 that needs to be 15-20cm at the very most amongst others all crowding the case at the moment

Welcome aboard.. :p

Welcome to our forum happy LZ7 owner, from another happy LZ7 owner :)

Thanks :) I see you did some cable chopping, not sure I trust myself to not mess up on those! I was pestering {exon by email but hes not replying so hes either buried in cabling or off till the new year.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Yes I made cables from scratch as I wanted to keep the original cables intact (glad I did, it now has a DC-DC PSU), I can really recommend it for the LZ7 and other sub-10L cases.

step83

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 23, 2018
Yes I made cables from scratch as I wanted to keep the original cables intact (glad I did, it now has a DC-DC PSU), I can really recommend it for the LZ7 and other sub-10L cases.

That is my eventual plan, the ol PSU calculators shove out 318W with my estimated usage (AM4 and RX570) so the HDPLEX 400 would fit the bill.
Something for the future though as adulting has taken away a nice lump of pennies, car needs new rubber rings.

Still, I have the correct top panel and switch option at least.

Only thing niggling me is the lack of front panel connections so may butcher a USB hub an may something using some pine I can make look similar to the Oak, shall see what I can come up with.

Reactions: Phuncz

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015

So I have.

I love that Cable Octopus, @Windfall. It's an attractive and lovely thing.
Sadly, I saw the Cable Octopus that arrived with my Corsair SF600 PSU as more like a Sentinel in The Matrix...
Altogether darker, twistier and nastier!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I love that Cable Octopus, @Windfall. It's an attractive and lovely thing.
Sadly, I saw the Cable Octopus that arrived with my Corsair SF600 PSU as more like a Sentinel in The Matrix...
Altogether darker, twistier and nastier!

Thanks!

"like a sentinel in the matrix" Oooh I'm just about finished with those movies!

Reactions: Arboreal