Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

SFFnewb

Caliper Novice
Jun 25, 2018

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
Anyone able to tell me why you are so excited to use this in an S4M? As far as i can tell, all the graphics cards it enables you to use won't fit in the S4M with this mounted internally.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Could this be an option for me? My system will restart when I load a game. Bought authentic dell brick from dell, LA330.

With your setup yes it seems that the early info that @Kmpkt has shared the new 400w ac-dc will give more overhead for power delivery. Could be just what you need.

It will have to be used as an external brick though.

@Sean Crees

I too was hoping we could get the new 400w mounted internally for the S4M to drive 1060,70,80. Or Nano Vega/rx 480 (hp oem) etc. Looks as though this is not quite possible unfortunately. Edit. Maybe in the front with some cards now that it’s 57mm officially. Needs testing so speculative.

However chassis other than the S4M can be made especially for it or existing ones moddded. Also as an external brick it shows promise. Finally the new 400w will come with a properly wired c8 option which makes it safe and easy to drop into the S4M even if you only have a bus
powered gpu.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

SFFnewb

Caliper Novice
Jun 25, 2018
With your setup yes it seems that the early info that @Kmpkt has shared the new 400w ac-dc will give more overhead for power delivery. Could be just what you need.

It will have to be used as an external brick though.

@Sean Crees

I too was hoping we could get the new 400w mounted internally for the S4M to drive 1060,70,80. Or Nano Vega/rx 480 (hp oem) etc. Looks as though this is not quite possible unfortunately.

However chassis other than the S4M can be made especially for it or existing ones moddded. Also as an external brick it shows promise. Finally the new 400w will come with a properly wired c8 option which makes it safe and easy to drop into the S4M even if you only have a bus
powered gpu.

I'm not looking for a internal solution. I am currently using the dell monster so this would be great.

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm currently working on the following for myself. I've got a price quote on all the parts so far except the extruded aluminum (which might be the most expensive piece). Like i said, i'll probably make one for myself as long as its not more than $500, and maybe one for Josh, cause he's a cool guy. But i wanted to give you guys a look to see what you thought.

Also, if you want to view the 3D model in your web browser, you can click this link:
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mo...2d920/HDPLEX-400w-External-Aluminum-Enclosure

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
What if the HDPLEX 400w AC-DC was put at the front of the case, and the Dynamo 160+360 were used instead of the HDPLEX 400w DC-DC? The Dynamo 160 plugs directly into the motherboard, so doesn't take up room at the front of the case, and the Dynamo 360 is smaller than the HDPLEX 400w DC-DC, and could possibly fit at the front, or the bottom instead. Then you would need shorter cards, but they could be higher than standard height, and have side connectors without issues. Like the Gigabyte ITX cards.

Yes, the new HDPLEX 400 will fit in the S4M. I can't confirm if the hole placement matches up yet until I get my copy, but it is supposed to. It is intended to fit with spec height GPUs that do not have a side connector (like the EVGA 1050ti, MSI 560 Aero, or select Radeon Pro/Quattro cards.) With newer GPUs around the corner, who knows. But now you can have a fast CPU and workstation graphics in a brickless build.

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
What if the HDPLEX 400w AC-DC was put at the front of the case, and the Dynamo 160+360 were used instead of the HDPLEX 400w DC-DC? The Dynamo 160 plugs directly into the motherboard, so doesn't take up room at the front of the case, and the Dynamo 360 is smaller than the HDPLEX 400w DC-DC, and could possibly fit at the front, or the bottom instead. Then you would need shorter cards, but they could be higher than standard height, and have side connectors without issues. Like the Gigabyte ITX cards.
You could check out post #141 in this thread.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Not gonna lie I was digging the tube shape :) I'm not saying it's a great idea, but you could just prototype it with some cheap aluminum tube

19NinetySix

Trash Compacter
Jun 28, 2018
Not looking like a brickless EVGA 1060 is possible then, because of 6pin power placement and going of measurements wont fit in the front

Last edited:

19NinetySix

Trash Compacter
Jun 28, 2018