GPU Bios flashing

Kamiii

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
So I recently made a thread about modding a pascal bios, which ended in kind of a minor: as most of you know, there is no way to do that atm.

I do want to have a higher power limit on my gtx 1080 mini, but I do not know the implications of flashing a bios with a different pcb layout. The ones I am looking at have more phases of vrm. I do know that I/O differences have implications, like a disabled displayport or hdmi. What I want to know is whether flashing the bios of a card with different vrm etc. will brick the gpu.

Thanks in advance!

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Not an expert of the subject, but i'd be very reluctant to flash a bios that's meant for a different pcb layout

Reactions: Phuncz

yensteel

Caliper Novice
Aug 10, 2017
Different manufacturer, even same cards with different memory brand like Samsung vs Hynix vs micron from same manufacturer can encounter crashes with the wrong bios. High risk. You can look online for shared bios but it’s best to learn how to do it yourself and the limits of the adjustments.

If you intend to do modding and it is bricked, you can use the igpu to reboot the computer and flash it back without doing it blind. However, there is a chance that it is permanent so... please be careful

You can modify your own bios. Gpu z allows you to back up your own bios then you can edit it with another program.

Last edited: