CPU GPU 6 pin Cable

Jp42nca

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
Need some help with GPU cable & PSU. Doing my itx build and ran into an issue concerning cables. I have a Corsair SF750 PSU & a EVGA GPU 1650 Super, it only has a 6 pin cable and not an 8.

All there is in the bag of PSU cables are a 8 pin to a 6+2 with another 6+2 jumpered off of that for 2 GPU's to operate simultaneously. What I need is a 6 pin to 6 pin with male ends, 1 end for the PSU & 1 for the GPU for a nice clean connection, do they made those? Looked everywhere I can't seem to find one. Maybe they don't make those and use a 8 pin to the PSU to 6+2 at the GPU, then just let the +2 hang there off to the side. Don't really want to look at the little piggy hang there since I have a glass panel, want a nice clean look. My other thought was if that's the way it's suppose to be done then is it possible to cut the little guy off and heat shrink the ends for a better/clean look? Would that affect the power in some way?

Thanks for reading my post, hope to get some answers so I can move forward....Jp

Jp42nca

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
Need some help with GPU cable & PSU. Doing my itx build and ran into an issue concerning cables. I have a Corsair SF750 PSU & a EVGA GPU 1650 Super, it only has a 6 pin cable and not an 8. I know I can use a 8 pin to 6+2 but does anyone make a 6 pin to 6 pin?

Thanks for reading my post....Jp

Jp42nca

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
We can produce a custom cable, or you can simply cut off thoose 2 wires / pins. They are only 2 ground wires.
I did find a 8 pin 6+2 while digging through a box of parts so for now I'll just cut it off. Good to know that they are only ground wires, Thanks.