Production Gallon PC v3: 3D printable 3.17-3.78L gaming case

ZMan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Current version:
Gallon v3
Height: 182mm (DC-ATX PSU); 217mm(FlexATX PSU)
Width: 98mm
Depth: 178mm
Case Volume: 3.17-3.78L
Case Weight: 200g
Total system weight 3kg (e.g.: FSP400-60FGGBA, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Noctua L9a, Asus x470-i, Ryzen 2700)

Compared to previous version:
- support for 37mm CPU cooling ( Noctua L9i/L9a)
- better cooling of GPU and MB back sides
- softer case edges
- support for DC-ATX PSU (guryhwa's Arch Deamon)

This case is for you if you:
- like to bring with you your desktop grade gaming PC when traveling (on a business trip, to college)
- have an opinion on what color and material your PC case is made from (as long as it is 3D printable :)
- want to modify the case just a little bit, so it can accommodate slightly bigger GPU or CPU cooler

Gallon v3 .stl files are now available for download on my Patreon page.

Some Pictures

Previous versions:
Gallon v2.2
Height: 217,5mm
Width: 98mm
Depth: 177mm
Weight: 200g :)

Compared to previous version:
-Easier to print
-More convenient to work with
-3.78L external volume
-support I/O shield

Free for all because of newer version available:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkGTXCmnUdjtk6hxs1KXdwV8qANhEw

Pictures

Case components

PC components

Almost assembled

Front view with lights :)

The back side (no lights)

Gallon v1
Model name is Gallon because the internal volume of the case is 3.78 liters or one US Gallon.
Here is a picture of the prototype I printed for test purposes. All measurements are in metric system. I also included a banana for scale ;)

The test hardware is: Zalman CNPS2X, Intel i7 7700T, ASUS Z270I, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX, Samsung EVO 500GB NVMe, Fortron FSP400-60FGGBA. None of those components were modified in any way.

The external volume of that case is 4 liters. Weight with components installed is 2.7kg.

For the past two months the shown setup has been tested extensively under synthetic and real-world load. The software used for testing was Furmark, XCOM 2. The test sessions lasted for up to 10 hours. The room temperature was kept at stable 22-24 Celsius. GPU never exceed 70 Celsius with 54% fan speed. CPU stayed below 68 Celsius under load.

Free for all because of newer version available:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkGTXCmnUdjtkfE1r6m4NjDe5kN9Hg
If you like the project please consider supporting me on my Patreon page:
https://www.patreon.com/tinycase

Last edited:

Thierry

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 13, 2017
looks great! with this design, you could even fit a Gigabyte gtx 1080 mini. It does of course still need some changes, like a real gpu bracket, but definitely keep me updated!

Reactions: Biowarejak

Frazhna

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2017
Looks great! I love the layout and the idea that it can be printed! Is that a slim optical drive in the front?

ZMan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Looks great! I love the layout and the idea that it can be printed! Is that a slim optical drive in the front?
There is no space for optical drive in the case. Most of the games now days come from Steam, Origin or any other electronic store. So I do not believe a optical drive is needed anyway.

Frazhna

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2017
Oh of course, I also agree that there isn’t much need for optical drives. I was just trying to figure out what that shape on the front panel is, just a decorative accent to hold the power button then?

ZMan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
looks great! with this design, you could even fit a Gigabyte gtx 1080 mini. It does of course still need some changes, like a real gpu bracket, but definitely keep me updated!
The GPU section of the case can fit any Half Length card (length <175mm). GPU card is mounted really secure between the fixed PCIe extender and the upper mount screw. This part of the case is 3mm thick.
I am currently working on making the outer shell more convenient...

ZMan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Oh of course, I also agree that there isn’t much need for optical drives. I was just trying to figure out what that shape on the front panel is, just a decorative accent to hold the power button then?
Yep :)
Plans are for it to disappear in the next version. It won't be needed with the new shell

ZMan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Would there be a smaller version of this case that eliminates FlexATX support? I would like to just use PicoPSU like G-unique ones.
In the current design, the PSU is what holds the case together. So no version without PSU.
My goal is to have a whole computer system in one box, as light, as small and as cheep as possible. Using external power bricks or graphics makes the setup too messy.
The case comes as .stl files. Once you get the files you can modify them as you wish.

winterbladexx

Average Stuffer
Sep 30, 2017
Are the STL files part of the Patreon thing? I know external bricks do kinda cheat the volume thing for SFF but the power adapter is gonna be hidden anyways so smaller volume in case is always appreciated. Thanks.

Miniitxisfun

Efficiency Noob
Oct 20, 2017
Yes. I am planning on sharing version 1 files here, once version 2 design is finished.

I have a couple more designs in mind. One of them is modular and the PSU section can be removed. Both should be ready in a couple of months... most likely :)
i really would like to get those files in time, i want to extend the case,(to fit a 1080ti mini) but also remove the psu and use a gunique

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
I like these type layouts getting popular. what material is this? what is the max supported cpu cooler height? Can it handle 65w tdp cpus?