SFF.Network GALAX at Computex 2017

So, we all know of the GALAX GTX1070 Katana, that full height but deliciously single slot graphics card available from the manufacturer. What we didn't really know, thanks to GALAX's propensity for larger cards (see the HOF cards as an example), is that they produce other cards that happen to be SFF friendly!

Wait.. what?!?

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Pretty dope card, if I needed the power of a 1070, I'd get the Katana. Now just to wait for my EMKO case to be manufactured to actually fit a GPU into.

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
When they say that the eGPU supports "power delivery through TB3 (max. 45W)", does that mean a GPU with a max. TDP of 45W inside of that would not need an external power supply? So, just one cable overall?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
When they say that the eGPU supports "power delivery through TB3 (max. 45W)", does that mean a GPU with a max. TDP of 45W inside of that would not need an external power supply? So, just one cable overall?

Not sure. The reps at the booth weren't well versed in the product and we weren't able to look inside to ascertain it's construction.