Power Supply G-Unique 400w Slim DC-ATX

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
This is a thread reviewing the G-Unique 400W Slim DC-ATX power supply :D
G-Unique 400W Slim DC-ATX power supply is a PSU made by Guryhwa and it is a DIY product.

Update Dec 12, 2016:
I will make this post only for review and move the buying tips/tutorial/process to another thread :D
Testing rig:
Zotac 1070 mini
Intel i7 6700
Asus Z170i motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 2x18G 3200 ram set
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb

Here are some benchmark results, showing the temperature in both °C and °F.
Unigine Heavin Benchamark 4.0 Basic 1080p stress test: 44.4°C/111.92°F on heatsink.

Geeks3D FurMark v1.18.2.0 Burn-in test 1080p: 48.3°C/118.94°F on heatsink.

Running FurMark Burn-in test for 30min stable:

Last edited:

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Looking forward to more info also, looks good so far!

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
I just read through the updated 1st post and I really like what I am reading!

I myself have been frequenting Chiphell since ~2007. I've always loved their site for all the early news scoops they get and enjoy their members insatiable lust for SFF products. I don't understand Chinese so all I can do is enjoy looking at the pictures (cars, photography, figures, computers, etc etc) and hope that Google Translates at least 50% of the words correctly, haha.

I'm so glad you pulled the trigger to get your hands on one of these larger capacity G-Unique units. They are really beautiful products and I hope that by showcasing them on these forums, we can help make them a more widespread choice for SFF builds around the world. The single fact that they come in larger capacities with a modded PSU is a tremendous selling point.

On a side note, if you wouldn't mind, I could use your assistance in finding any translation mistakes that I might have made in the List of DC-ATX power supplies thread. I would really appreciate it. I want to make sure that I am correctly naming the products so they are easier to find.
If you see any mistakes, please let me know in that thread. In the just the few days time that the thread has been posted, we've already topped Taobao and Mini-box in search results.

I eagerly await the review. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
I just read through the updated 1st post and I really like what I am reading!

I myself have been frequenting Chiphell since ~2007. I've always loved their site for all the early news scoops they get and enjoy their members insatiable lust for SFF products. I don't understand Chinese so all I can do is enjoy looking at the pictures (cars, photography, figures, computers, etc etc) and hope that Google Translates at least 50% of the words correctly, haha.

I'm so glad you pulled the trigger to get your hands on one of these larger capacity G-Unique units. They are really beautiful products and I hope that by showcasing them on these forums, we can help make them a more widespread choice for SFF builds around the world. The single fact that they come in larger capacities with a modded PSU is a tremendous selling point.

On a side note, if you wouldn't mind, I could use your assistance in finding any translation mistakes that I might have made in the List of DC-ATX power supplies thread. I would really appreciate it. I want to make sure that I am correctly naming the products so they are easier to find.
If you see any mistakes, please let me know in that thread. In the just the few days time that the thread has been posted, we've already topped Taobao and Mini-box in search results.

I eagerly await the review. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I will continue on making update throughout this weekend and hopefully get all the benchmarking done :D
For the DC-ATX power supplies thread, I will be glad to help! :p

Reactions: Phuncz and 3lfk1ng

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
After 30min of FurMark and more than 2 hours of Overwatch on Epic graphics, the PSU is still working strong! The power brick is warm to the touch, but definitely not hot at all. The power connector, which is a gx16 connector in my case, is only slightly warm, which is pretty impressive to me because it wasn't design to handle such current (I ask Guryhwa to modify the connector for me, the default is a 8pin connector which won't have any overheat problems). The PSU itself isn't that hot as well, at least not uncomfortable to touch. :D

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Isn't the 1070 and i7 naturally going to be below 300W? 150W for the gpu, 91W for CPU, etc?

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Oh, most definitely but ideally you wouldn't want to skim near that 300w value.
All parts considered, his entire rig might only consume ~260 at peak but the efficiency levels would still be at an optimal rate.

Reactions: Phuncz

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
That's great news to hear, this PSU is definitely on my radar now!