News G.Skill & Their mini-ITX Chassis Z5i

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It looks very inefficient space wise and focussed on RGB + tempered glass all around. This will definitely sell but it isn't many SFFN enthusiasts' cup of tea. The rear and top ventilated panels are unnecessarily restrictive. I don't like it, even though I very much like vertical towers.

Reactions: Questors

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 28, 2018
It looks very inefficient space wise and focussed on RGB + tempered glass all around. This will definitely sell but it isn't many SFFN enthusiasts' cup of tea. The rear and top ventilated panels are unnecessarily restrictive. I don't like it, even though I very much like vertical towers.
I agree on all counts. Someone will buy it, mod it and make a spectacular build.

I am not a fan of the massive use of tempered glass. It is an addition to the SFF world, so here I share it.

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I agree on all counts. Someone will buy it, mod it and make a spectacular build.

I am not a fan of the massive use of tempered glass. It is an addition to the SFF world, so here I share it.
I'm hoping they will offer a model with perforated panels instead of the TG panels, like the Phanteks P400A (link). Giving most benefits of perforated panels with much of the look of tempered glass panels.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com

Reactions: rfarmer

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
For the love of Saint Peter

I only worship Saint Patrick 🍺

I have seen worse. With the right amount of adjustment and by adjustment I mean cutting, ripping, tearing, drilling and so forth, it might make a decent modding project case for a creative mind.

I guess one could also melt it and cast it into brick. That would make a decent door stopper :)

Reactions: Questors

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

I saw their prototype at a certain factory, had a similar reaction.

Reactions: Phuncz