Enclosure G. Alantic GA6605 3.84L ITX case with FSP FlexPSU now w/guts AKA i3770K on a P8Z77I mobo

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
So I nabbed this G. Alantic case off ebay for $60 shipped, had seen their stuff online before but they have an MOQ I think of 10 cases on their website, seller had about that many(https://www.ebay.com/itm/G-ATLANTIC...Steel-NEW-IN-BOX-WITH-POWER-SUPP/264371522389). Ticked all the boxes for me at least and if the flex is too loud a Meanwell I have can easily go in for a nice iGPU brickless build

Manufacturer site http://www.g-alantic.com.tw/Product_Detail.aspx?no=GA6605

As delivered plus power cord and motherboard screws & feet. Case is all steel except for the aluminum faceplate that has a brush anodized finish. HDD, power, reset and button indicators(white) are etched in and painted.

Fan Side

PSU side

Back

Bottom came with VESA mount installed

Shot of the guts, SSD mount can only take 1, not using anything but M.2 not an issue. SSD mount has 3 positions.

Guts removed

Decent quality FlexPSU 180W total

Partially reassembled, not sure when build will happen likely will re-host my 3770K P8Z77i

Last edited:

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
Just did a quick transplant from the MX500 and a few quick shots, needed to re-seat RAM had been awhile since last use. Lots of extra cables may cut those, side fan was running at 4K RPM need to load up fancontrol but FSP PSU seemed quiet when unplugged though I did not stress the CPU at all. I may transplant the K3 build in here after more noise testing though I have a Meanwell 200 if FSP proves horrible.

MX500

Pics are a bit dark, early morning

Reactions: Valantar

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Just did a quick transplant from the MX500 and a few quick shots, needed to re-seat RAM had been awhile since last use. Lots of extra cables may cut those, side fan was running at 4K RPM need to load up fancontrol but FSP PSU seemed quiet when unplugged though I did not stress the CPU at all. I may transplant the K3 build in here after more noise testing though I have a Meanwell 200 if FSP proves horrible.

MX500

Pics are a bit dark, early morning

From what I heard FSP is a good brand, they are the OEM of some other popular brands out there (or used to be).

Noise is a different story though. Look forward to your stress test if any.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
From what I heard FSP is a good brand, they are the OEM of some other popular brands out there (or used to be).

Noise is a different story though. Look forward to your stress test if any.

I ran VLC(linux) on a 4kx60 video, the iGPU is too old for h.265 decoding help so CPUs have to do the decoding, it has no prayer of keeping up so all of the cores and threads are between 50 - 90% load more towards 70-80% average it's hard to tell which is louder the Noctua or FSP fan but they have a different sound, think the FSP was ever so slightly louder, but from 3-4 feet away in a room not sure you'd hear them. Since I'm only running a CPU basically the draw is probably the 77W rate give or take some spikes. The PSU could use a hood to direct air flow from the side vent I think for more fresh air, this mobo runs warm so there's warm air circulating in that area, the mobo can't control the non-PWM system fan so no help there as it blasts at ~4K with little air movement to show for it especially with the mobo VRM daughterboard sitting in front of it. For normal desktop usage and no side fan it's pretty silent I think,

Think I'm just going to buy another one for the 2400G build, and wait for chromax L9A

Edit: After putting the cover on, the PSU fan is more noticeable. My K3 is dead silent during normal desktop duty but the GA6605 is noticeable but not objectionable at the same distance, though in a HTPC application with a 65W iGPU setup, I doubt you'd hear it, no worse than a DVD playing.

Just a short vid to attempt to convey noise level after system has warmed up and performing normal desktop tasks, browsing etc. About same level as my work laptop a Lenovo Carbon X1 8th gen but different nose profile. TAken with a Sony HX90V point and shoot mics are on top side of camera. Had to quiet room down to capture noise.

Last edited: