Power Supply FSP Flexguru 500w

Tristanoz

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 9, 2020

Looks like they finally released the 500w model! Finally a high-wattage black flex atx psu. I wonder how the acoustics are though.

Ricky Zeng

Trash Compacter
Jun 10, 2020
Not sure if I like the "intake" configuration of fan location. I think Enhance and most others with "exhaust" type fan location and vent holes on the top (largest) surface have better chance drawing cold air from outside the case for most setups especially A4 type. Good to have an another alternative though.
Silverstone is developing a 500W black coloured Flex unit as well. Launch timing hasn't been told but that will be the unit I look forward to most:

King_Kea

Efficiency Noob
Aug 21, 2020
Kia ora guys,

Got some info on the Silverstone 500w flex unit which mentioned that it should be released in NZ around October, so expect a september/october launch.
They also put it on their website too and I gotta say it looks reasonably decent!

My only question is does it use the same fan as the fx350g? Because if it does that's gonna be a bummer. The page is a bit vague about the fan - it calls it quiet and "silent", but also states it as 20dBa minimum, so not sure what to go with...

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
My only question is does it use the same fan as the fx350g? Because if it does that's gonna be a bummer. The page is a bit vague about the fan - it calls it quiet and "silent", but also states it as 20dBa minimum, so not sure what to go with...

All I can see from the pictures is that it's a 40x15 Yate Loon fan. Ther's only 2 models with that dimensions on their website, and they seem reasonably quiet. It could be a completely different fan, of course. https://www.yateloon.com/zh-cn/product-97881/直流风扇-40x40x15.html

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
if it is 20dB minimum and 35dB maximum that is not too bad but also not great. also depends on the frequency if its annoying or acceptable. Personally I prefer the fan to be exhaust but placed inside, like the FSP and HuntKey. This lowers the noise quite a bit.

seeing that the fan is load controlled I just hope noise is acceptable for <=300W output without a fan swap

PS: did you see the length of these cables?

Ricky Zeng

Trash Compacter
Jun 10, 2020
if it is 20dB minimum and 35dB maximum that is not too bad but also not great. also depends on the frequency if its annoying or acceptable. Personally I prefer the fan to be exhaust but placed inside, like the FSP and HuntKey. This lowers the noise quite a bit.

seeing that the fan is load controlled I just hope noise is acceptable for <=300W output without a fan swap

PS: did you see the length of these cables?
This is on the product page:
1 x 24 / 20-Pin motherboard connector(350mm)
1 x 8 / 4-Pin EPS / ATX 12V connector(450mm)
2 x 8 / 6-Pin PCIe connector(350mm / 150mm)
4 x SATA connector(350mm / 150mm / 150mm / 150mm)
3 x 4-Pin Peripheral connector(350mm / 150mm / 150mm)
1 x 4-Pin Floppy adapter connector(150mm)

Seems fairly long. Waiting to see if there's gonna be aftermarket fully-modular mod on this PSU. BTW, this product page for FX500 seems to be online recently, is the PSU in market yet?

King_Kea

Efficiency Noob
Aug 21, 2020
Nice to hear the fan might actually be relatively quiet (I'm not bothered by a little fan noise and if I have to I guess I can fan swap). Yeah those cables do seem long. I'm probably gonna get a friend who mods PSUs to shorten them for me if they don't play nice in the K39. For what it's worth the cables seem relatively thin and soft/flexible, so maybe it'll be fine!

Still excited at any rate

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Oh lord I just found out about this, that is so cool! It seems to not be in stock currently, has anyone bought this?

They also got two modular FlexATX PSUs the FlexGuru 250W and 300W now, which is awesome! Really clever that they put the control signals on a smaller connector, that saves just enough room to get it into 150mm.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Oh lord I just found out about this, that is so cool! It seems to not be in stock currently, has anyone bought this?

They also got two modular FlexATX PSUs the FlexGuru 250W and 300W now, which is awesome! Really clever that they put the control signals on a smaller connector, that saves just enough room to get it into 150mm.

Yes, we have been buying these power supplies for a long time. They are very quiet and really powerful. The 300-watt model fully supports the RTX2070 without overshooting and understating the limit.

P.S. Seasonic SUG300 did not pull out.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

Looks like they finally released the 500w model! Finally a high-wattage black flex atx psu. I wonder how the acoustics are though.
We bought one from Amazon and tested it. This is an incredibly cool Power Supply. I am overwhelmed by its quiet operation up to 350 watts!

So the configuration:
Ryzen 9 3900X + RTX 3060ti
Consumption in games 300-350 watts. I play for 5 hours and only hear a slight rustle of the fan. It's very quiet! I am shocked and do not understand what is happening. The block itself has heated up to 40 degrees Celsius, which is very little.

Ryzen 9 3900X + Radeon 7
Consumption in games 450 watts. I have been playing for 5 hours and now I can only hear the hum of the fan, although the noise from the vedio card itself is also not small and I do not even know which hums are stronger. I have tested many 400-500 watt flex power supplies and this one is my favorite!

Last edited: