Power Supply FSP 400w 80+ Gold Vs. ENP-7140b flex atx

Dmon

Case Bender
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
Doing a Velka 3 build and ended up purchasing the FSP 400w 80+ gold PSU they offer with the fan in the back. Went to go test it today and it's doing this thing where it clicks once and then turns off. Going to most likely RMA it, do you guys think it's worth getting another one from FSP or should I try my luck with the ENP one? I thought about getting a custom one from GEEEK with black cables & a Noctua fan but I don't know if I can justify the +40 dollar price tag. Thanks for the input!

larkmaj

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
I have the one from SFFTEC (Z-Case) on order for my Velka 3. It's the ENP7660B but manufacturer customized for Z-Case. It's cheaper than you can find the regular ENP7660B for on Ebay and Amazon, and customized for SFF gaming PCs. From what I can tell beyond the quiet fan and black housing/cables, the primary cable lengths are also shortened from 500mm to 300mm. I'm planning to see if I can remove the Molex and one set of SATA (2 of 4 connectors) cables to further reduce clutter.

Also, the GEEEK one probably won't fit in the Velka 3 because of the extended length.