NCase M1: HDD 3.5 + SFX mount compatible with ALL CPU coolers and GPUs

fleischverpackung

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 28, 2019
This HDD mount is compatible with ANY CPU cooler configuration and ANY 4-slot GPU you can throw at that case. You can also mount the NCase side bracket with dust filters or use those sketchy 180-degree GPU power adapters!

This is the development log of my mount bracket. scoll down for updates! will share when finished.

hi all,

this is a front mount suggestion for a sfx psu + 3.5hdd to fit a noctua c14s.

hdd mount with rubber pads, connectors on top.
psu mounts via the standard sfx bracket like on top of the case and slides in from top.
fan is oriented to hdd and sucks air from below.
all threaded m3 and m4 for use with standard screws .

anybody interested?

v2:

here a test print of v1:

Last edited:

fleischverpackung

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 28, 2019
I stumbled upon this design by gordeh on Thingiverse. With one HDD in this position, an sfx PSU can also be mounted on the front side, fan pointing towards cpu. I have to mount it on the front because the large 120mm fan beneath the c14s blocks my PSU from being installed in its standard position.

I adapted his original design to allow for a psu mount. this is v5:

Had to move the HDD upwards, because the rtx3080 tuf has quite the large heatshield on its back.
Also some minor tweaks to better fit the case and the ncase hdd rubber pads.
Smaller, stiffer and now allows for cable management. v6:

Last edited:

fleischverpackung

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 28, 2019
haha this is taking too much time and resources, but I will see it through.
now completely switching the design. HDD on the back on mobo height, which won't interfere with large 140mm fans below the cooler. psu sits in front, now graphics card power cables will work with 180'° adapters.

larger hole for cable management to the front of the case.
only thing is I need to replace the PSUs power cable plug with one, that bends in the opposite direction.

v9:

Last edited:

fleischverpackung

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 28, 2019
A little more tweaking, hdd and psu need to move slightly to the right. then the psu can slip under the metal frame on the left side. hdd height is good, psu moves 1cm downwards, to fit the height of the power plug.

the 150mm top fan was great, but I switched to the slim and smaller 120mm noctua. I don't want to cut the side panel atm. I did cut larger holes into the bottom of the case though, to allow for more airflow.

the gpu power adapters are quite sketchy, but without fans and light, it should draw a little less power =) Is there anything more robust out there on the market?

it's been a fun journey! I tried multiple ways to measure it. measuring tape and slide gauge...failed.
what ended up working was tracing the holes of the front panel onto plot paper. had no scanner so did a lens correction for my mobile, then a homography distort to match my cinema scaling.

Last edited:

fleischverpackung

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 28, 2019
quick update of my last test mount. my bracket with hdd is mounted to the case.

hdd mounts this way:

hdd and psu fit inside the frame. no need to remove anything.

cable management to front:

a very tight fit, but psu and hdd do not touch directly:

my mountings for the psu are still a little bit off, one last correction should do the trick!

the psu sits so close to frame, the standard ncase plug won't fit. you have to get a standard power plug.
but on the top there is enough room to connect with standard sata data T, sata power and standard power cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: ParallaxStax