Prototype Free Flow CPU Pump Block

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
@Sashby - koolance has even lower profile then alphacool. Total height after installing is around 19-19.5 mm.

I’m using them in my current build.

Sh0ckwaveFlash

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2019
@Sashby - koolance has even lower profile then alphacool. Total height after installing is around 19-19.5 mm.

I’m using them in my current build.

Official specs say 19.5 mm.

Reactions: Sashby

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Any reviews?

I can't seem to find any video reviews from the common techtubers to share, but comparing the specs the DC-LT are only 120 L/hour and 2.2m of pressure head compared to an EK DDC for example has specs of 1000 L/hour and 5.2m of pressure head.

Most forum posts and user videos complain that the DC-LT is also significantly more intrusive noise-wise.

Edit: If you were keen on a DC-LT, why not just get an Eisbaer Lt solo?

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I can't seem to find any video reviews from the common techtubers to share, but comparing the specs the DC-LT are only 120 L/hour and 2.2m of pressure head compared to an EK DDC for example has specs of 1000 L/hour and 5.2m of pressure head.

Most forum posts and user videos complain that the DC-LT is also significantly more intrusive noise-wise.

Edit: If you were keen on a DC-LT, why not just get an Eisbaer Lt solo?
It's quite the paradox. I have read and watched some reviews of the Eisbaer LT Solo that say it's quiet and works great, then in other threads I've had people completely diss the DL-LT pump that's within it but running separately. Although it was rebadged as a Fractal Design pump block, JayzTwoCents couldn't get it to work in his dual rad Ghost S1 build and had to go with the Apogee Drive II.

So it seems like some people really like the pump and some don't. I suppose if you're building an SFF system with a single rad and a single GPU block, it should work just fine. Probably won't be as good as a DDC but probably isn't the end of the world. If you're trying to do a proper open loop, I would write the DC-LT off.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
It's quite the paradox. I have read and watched some reviews of the Eisbaer LT Solo that say it's quiet and works great, then in other threads I've had people completely diss the DL-LT pump that's within it but running separately. Although it was rebadged as a Fractal Design pump block, JayzTwoCents couldn't get it to work in his dual rad Ghost S1 build and had to go with the Apogee Drive II.

So it seems like some people really like the pump and some don't. I suppose if you're building an SFF system with a single rad and a single GPU block, it should work just fine. Probably won't be as good as a DDC but probably isn't the end of the world. If you're trying to do a proper open loop, I would write the DC-LT off.

I suspect that it comes down to quality control of the impeller system and whether you properly purge your system of air as well. The DC-LT design, much like the Asetek impellers in many AIOs, is pretty susceptible to damage by cavitation which leads to wear, noise, and performance degredation.

Reactions: Soul_Est and Goatee

bpark919

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2018
Update 2020-01-20 : Chipping away at it

WOOHOO! I saw the sidearm project and have been racking my brain and scouring the internet for a custom loop solution that would be able to integrate a GPU block. Haven't tried the Solo LT but was going to put together a custom loop with my 9900k and see how it cools. @Wahaha360 am I right though that in the sidearm, we'd be limited to a 240mm rad of only 25mm thickness, with one 25mm fan and one slim fan?

LXCXH

Case Bender
New User
Feb 10, 2020
Is the block will be seal? Or you can share the design files to me. I am very interested in it.

bpark919

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2018
@ermac318 continuing my research, german website comparing the 3600 RPM DC-LT to a D5, and finding performance pretty awesome for its size. Running it at less than 12V recommended which is in line with much of my other research. So at 2700 RPM still quiet, probably not worth modding an Eisbaer 240 LT and replacing with the 3600 RPM pump if noise neccesitates running around 2600 RPM anyways.

The OC.net has a lot of guys who were running the original 3600 RPM when it came out, their findings are in line with the german site. Also noted that a lot of the guys who had issues with the "pump" re: noise and grinding, etc. were complaining about the bay res that was recalled, potentially not the pump itself. But they all found that running around 2700 RPM was the best balance of noise and performance.

brandotherhymer

Efficiency Noob
Feb 13, 2020
I just registered an account purely to follow this project. This is absolutely the best solution I can imagine. I can't wait to see how your project progresses. Have you considered how/if you're going to release the plans? I'd fund this on Kickstarter!