Prototype Free Flow CPU Pump Block

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
I saw that Optimum Tech had a prototype that he was holding. Is there a chance this will be available for purchase before the release of the 3950x?

Reactions: lehman

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Any sort of time frame for when this could see release? Really eager to get one as I doubt the pump off my Eisbaer LT240 will be enough for two 240mm rads and a GPU block, I don’t really want to import an Apogee II now if this could see a release by the end of the year.

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
I've got a old Bykski pump which is suspiciously similar to EK SPC pumps, looks like from the same OEM.

Another option I think is Barrow's 17W pump. I don't know this OEM either. Touchaqua has the same pump(possibly) named S1 pump

All of these are the same size as DDC I think, with different mounting mechanisms.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
what's your expected timeline in relation to the T1? ......What was the decided best option for low pro fittings?

Any news on availability?

Is there a chance this will be available for purchase before the release of the 3950x?

Any sort of time frame for when this could see release?

The current plan is November. We have slowed down due to life interruptions, now we are back on track.

This is our aluminum functional testing prototype (missing one more hole for DDC out), once we test for pressure, we can move to POM.

nisc

Efficiency Noob
Jul 5, 2017
Is eisbaer solo enought for a 200x200mm radiator + gpu block? (8600K + 1080ti)

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
Any updates? looks like the t1 is coming sooner rather than later, and I think some people dont wanna be stuck with a dc-lt (especially if/when the "perfect" 30fpi/25mm thick rad exists)

Reactions: fabio

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
Will the O-Rings be of a standard size so we don't need to cut and glue together our own if and when it needs to be replaced?

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
Alphacool launched those low profile swivel fittings seperately but updated with a lower profile compression fitting made of brass (the fitting is brass, cap is brass). Inserted height is 21 mm. Designed to be used with Alphacool's AlphaTube TPV EDPM tubing (similar to EKWB ZMT Tubing).

Alphacool TPV Series
Alphacool 90° TPV fitting is particularly low profile. The total height is only 26 mm. After screwing the connection into e.g. a radiator or CPU water cooler, the height is only 21 mm. A fitting cannot be designed much lower from our experience.

Alphacool sell these 90° fittings, although from what I could find these aren't sold separately from the expansion QDC tubing kits. Theses do seem lower in height in comparison to other 90° rotary fittings (whilst still maintaining G1/4 thread and a 11/8 tubing. Made from brass and painted matte black.

Edit: If the talks with alphacool go well to develop your block, maybe these fittings could be sourced from them as well (or perhaps G1/4 thread to 1/8 compression instead)

https://www.au.aquatuning.com/water...baer-gpx-extension-set-900-tubes-and-fittings

Last edited:

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
Alphacool launched those low profile swivel fittings seperately but updated with a lower profile compression fitting made of nlyon (the fitting is brass, cap is nylon). Inserted height is 21 mm. Designed to be used with Alphacool's AlphaTube TPV EDPM tubing (aka EKWB ZMT Tubing).

Alphacool TPV Series
21mm is in the realm of being usable with a 1 slot gpu block and having it be 2 slots wide. could be an interesting usecase for some (not sure about pump though)

Reactions: Sashby