Closed Founders GTX 1080 (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like the title says. Looking for a Founders GTX 1080. Possibly a long shot on our Forum but can’t hurt to ask!

PayPal or Chase Pay for payment from me to you
US only since shipping will be more reasonable.

Thanks!

Last edited:

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
If you have one for sale shoot me a PM with Your price shipped to OH zip 45243. Also would appreciate full disclosure if it’s been mined on etc.

Thanks!

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
450ish is what I have seen them go for person to person in other forums and locally so somewhere in there.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
Still looking all and I understand availability and pricing is getting crazy. o_O

brookZ

Caliper Novice
Mar 10, 2018
if you can get a 1080 for $450 it would be one you would not want, but around that price Bestbuy had a 1080 Founders addition for $549-$598

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
Yeah for now the ship with that type of pricing has sailed. I’m riding the 1060 out for the foreseeable future.

brookZ

Caliper Novice
Mar 10, 2018
Hey man the 1060 is a great card, especially if he's running 1080p.
RushNY, by way of Sunnyside, I think it might be just fine, and please understand my dry humor. I have never used the 1060, but I can tell you that upgrading from a pair of 660 to a single 980Ti was liberating, you can always upgrade is what people tell you, but it comes at a cost, I always tell people eat PB&J for a month get the best you can afford and never look back

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
RushNY, by way of Sunnyside, I think it might be just fine, and please understand my dry humor. I have never used the 1060, but I can tell you that upgrading from a pair of 660 to a single 980Ti was liberating, you can always upgrade is what people tell you, but it comes at a cost, I always tell people eat PB&J for a month get the best you can afford and never look back

True enough, I ended up with an i7/1080 by the same philosophy.

@TheHig If you really want one bookmark the Founders 1080 on Bestbuy and check it a few times a day, that's how I pulled mine. You're never going to make it by the time they're posted on deal sites. They only end up there after the first wave gets theirs and what's left sells out instantly. Flip the 1060 at current market prices and you're not much worse off than before the mining boom.

Reactions: TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
@brookZ no gamer left behind made me chuckle. We should help our fellow gamers weather the storm.

@RushNY Totally agree if you put in the effort you can still score a card at a more reasonable price. They still trickle in and get snatched up quick!
If I found a 1080 here it was to be for my personal rig. But for now I’ll wait.

Word wall! Feel free to bail now. No hard feelings.

All good suggestions everyone and I appreciate your thoughts. I posted this WTB a while back and recently condensed my stuff down to the Skyreach. The 1060 is fine for me right now and I game at 1440p. 20 years now since I built my first rig and many others for friends/family or referrals. No I definitely don’t know everything and love hearing what others suggest and share. I agree though that a1070 or better is where it’s at for enthusiast gamers. The pricing right now is just too out of line for me to buy purely on principle. To each his own on that.

I buy and sell parts all the time and cashed in quite nicely in the fall/ winter flipping GPUs to miners for profit. 2 regrets. Not keeping the 1070 SC I got open box at Microcenter for under 400 after tax long enough to sell it for more than I did. Lol. The other is not buying a 1080 when they were under 500 used before everything went sideways. Definitely would have kept that one.

I nearly doubled my money on 2 rx 480s and one 580 which I used to fund
a Ryzen 1700 system. Ran that for a while and this week I sold i to a guy at work... Ok maybe I have a problem. It’s my hobby. Definitely moving into ,hopefully, 1080 class gpu by years end unless the Crypto Apocalypse ruins our pc gaming/building passion forever. I doubt it will though.

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.