Concept Formula X2- 13L ITX case with MATX Modular. Support 2 of 280MM AIO cooler

AcatFormula

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 26, 2019
This is an itx case that we are currently working on. The mainbody size is rather similar to an Ncase M1 but with the expandable modular the case can support MATX Motherboards.

Size:240*165*330MM
Supports 280MM AIO Cooling by side panel

MATX modular: 40MM height. In case of Matx build the side panel AIO cooling is not supported.

Tophat modular: 70MM height support additional 280MM AIO cooling

Cpu cooler height: 135MM

GPU size: 58x140x320MM

What do you think?

Last edited:

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Impressive that it can fit M-ATX and still be under 14L and allow for 280mm cooling. I assume the size is for without top hat; what are the dimensions with the top hat?

Also noticed that the PSU is positioned such that cables will be facing the board side, while the power plug faces the AIO side panel. Is their enough clearance on both sides for the required cables and plugs when there is a 280 rad + fans?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
This is an itx case that we are currently working on. The mainbody size is rather similar to an Ncase M1 but with the expandable modular the case can support MATX Motherboards.

Size:240*165*330MM
Supports 280MM AIO Cooling by side panel

MATX modular: 40MM height. In case of Matx build the side panel AIO cooling is not supported.

Tophat modular: 70MM height support additional 280MM AIO cooling

Cpu cooler height: 135MM

GPU size: 58x140x320MM

What do you think?

Really cool concept. How will you join the bottom to the top?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
really creative way of harnessing the top-hat concept - I like the potential that has for offering things like ATX support should you created a 5 slot expansion for examples.

Looking forward to seeing it develop further!

Reactions: Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
That's an excellent synthesis of existing design thoughts and concepts, but taking it in a different direction.
As has been said already, full mATX in something barely bigger than the NCase M1 is impressive.
The 5 slot extension suggestion sounds great as a further way to open up its flexibility. A 2 slot extension could be offered for SLI use, but I'm not sure how widespread that is these days.
Great work, keep pushing the mATX envelope, as it is not getting enough attention currently.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Would it support 2x280mm rads in the top and bottom?
From looking at the fan mounting rails in the bottom I would say it's highly likely that using the bottom mATX extension with ITX would allow you to mount a second 280mm radiator - that being said, I also see no reason the other top hat for 280mm radiators couldn't be used on the bottom too.
Perhaps I'm wrong on that assessment though.

Ariamella

Trash Compacter
Aug 19, 2019
From looking at the fan mounting rails in the bottom I would say it's highly likely that using the bottom mATX extension with ITX would allow you to mount a second 280mm radiator - that being said, I also see no reason the other top hat for 280mm radiators couldn't be used on the bottom too.
Perhaps I'm wrong on that assessment though.
It would be the perfect case for me if it supported that tbh

Reactions: CountNoctua

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
It would be the perfect case for me if it supported that tbh

Been keeping an eye out for dual 280mm support. Really almost necessary once you start talking about something like a 3950X and a 2080Ti, at least if you want to use them at anywhere near 100% performance. Moreso for CPU than GPU, though keeping a GPU quiet and cool with a big rad is a good goal.

Last edited:

AcatFormula

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 26, 2019
Impressive that it can fit M-ATX and still be under 14L and allow for 280mm cooling. I assume the size is for without top hat; what are the dimensions with the top hat?

Also noticed that the PSU is positioned such that cables will be facing the board side, while the power plug faces the AIO side panel. Is their enough clearance on both sides for the required cables and plugs when there is a 280 rad + fans?
Tophat dimension is 70*165*330MM
If using an itx build then psu orientation is same as Ncase M1 so there is no conflict with the side AIO cooler. The posted pics are for matx build and then side AIO is not supported. Nevertheless you can have the matx build with one tophat and one matx modular plus another tophat below
the matx modular to get 2 of 280MM AIO cooler

Reactions: Arboreal

dc443

Average Stuffer
Jun 4, 2020
Is there an update on this case? I am looking for an AIO cooled riser-less matx SFF case. This one is complete genius.