Production NCASE M1EVO

caycep

Case Bender
New User
Feb 3, 2021
Looks good!

Am I understanding this correctly, in that the case will be shorter, but longer than the original M1?

GenjoKoan

Case Bender
New User
Jun 4, 2020
I am a little discord challenged. I have looked and searched but have not found either polls or interest checks. I heart my v6.1 and dearly want to show support for the EVO. Can I (where?) commit, sign up, or otherwise express my demand that you take my money? I really, really do want one. Two if they are mATX!

Reactions: Yhano

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
I am a little discord challenged. I have looked and searched but have not found either polls or interest checks. I heart my v6.1 and dearly want to show support for the EVO. Can I (where?) commit, sign up, or otherwise express my demand that you take my money? I really, really do want one. Two if they are mATX!
There is no interest check yet, and the Discord polls have closed now, but they're pinned over in the #ncase channel in the SFF Gurus Discord.
If/when there is an interest check, I'm sure it'll be broadcasted here too.

Reactions: DrHudacris

GenjoKoan

Case Bender
New User
Jun 4, 2020
Ah, of course. And there is the being discord challenged part. SFF.Network and SFF Gurus are two different animals on Discord. Thank you.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Mr_Pengin

Caliper Novice
Sep 27, 2022
Should we expect a Black Friday release, or sometime around the holidays? Looking forward to seeing reviews.

lucinski

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2020
As an Ncase M1 owner, an m-atx based SFF case is a worthwhile upgrade and therefore exactly what I need for an end-game build. I personally do not need any headphone jacks or watercooling support. Air cooling is the one for me and as long as I can use some beefy downdraft coolers (TF2's from BeQuiet or Noctua's C14) that is quite enough for me. Of course, if there is the ability to fit 145 mm coolers (I am looking at you Noctua NH-D12L) that would be a welcome bonus.

What is as important as the m-atx board compatibility is GPU compatibility, which should be as generous at possible, preferably better than DAN's C4 SFX. I am also fine with this case being larger than the original M1. I reckon 15-16 litres should be able to accommodate everything needed.

I can't wait for this case to be on sale. I will most certainly buy it. Keep up the good work!

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
As an Ncase M1 owner, an m-atx based SFF case is a worthwhile upgrade and therefore exactly what I need for an end-game build. I personally do not need any headphone jacks or watercooling support. Air cooling is the one for me and as long as I can use some beefy downdraft coolers (TF2's from BeQuiet or Noctua's C14) that is quite enough for me. Of course, if there is the ability to fit 145 mm coolers (I am looking at you Noctua NH-D12L) that would be a welcome bonus.

What is as important as the m-atx board compatibility is GPU compatibility, which should be as generous at possible, preferably better than DAN's C4 SFX. I am also fine with this case being larger than the original M1. I reckon 15-16 litres should be able to accommodate everything needed.

I can't wait for this case to be on sale. I will most certainly buy it. Keep up the good work!
Same view. While I'm not going to be building another personal rig for a while, more premium M-ATX options would be good. I might have use for more RAM, M.2's and expansion cards than ITX allows in the future.

Reactions: LegendsofMace

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022

2022-10-23: Testing an air-cooled build with 30XX GPU + 4090FE.​

We have not received the 4090 GPUs yet, so test-fitting Thermalright SS135 on Noctua A12x25R + MSI 3070 Suprim X + ATX PSU. FWIW, Micro-ATX motherboards will fit, and there is space for 25mm thick fans between the Top Panel and GPU.[/URL]

4090 FE *could fit via direct contact with minor tweaks to the design and a custom 12P GPU cable. But, of course, this will also depend on the back of the motherboard.
But without PCIe riser cable there will be a bending issue with fire. Did you check the CableMod angeled adapter so that the side panel would be closed and space is enough?

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
But without PCIe riser cable there will be a bending issue with fire. Did you check the CableMod angeled adapter so that the side panel would be closed and space is enough?
The proper 12vhpwr cables haven't really had issues so far. I'm talking a bout the proper cables connect directly to the PSU, not the adapter that Nvidia/AIBs provide. Although more and more it's seeming like it's an issue with only certain units of the adapter.

Reactions: LegendsofMace

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
The proper 12vhpwr cables haven't really had issues so far. I'm talking a bout the proper cables connect directly to the PSU, not the adapter that Nvidia/AIBs provide. Although more and more it's seeming like it's an issue with only certain units of the adapter.
There was a case of native proper cable melting a few days ago... Lets hope it is just a fluke lol

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
1. Please make sure this case doesn't exceed 14 Liters. Compatibility with 4000 series is important but it doesn't have to fit the bigggest of AIB models.

2. Please have a matte gray color option

Reactions: teamet and Gungar

Gungar

Efficiency Noob
Sep 28, 2020
1. Please make sure this case doesn't exceed 14 Liters. Compatibility with 4000 series is important but it doesn't have to fit the bigggest of AIB models.

2. Please have a matte gray color option

Anyway, the M1 evo looks way too big, it's a M2 not a M1.

lucinski

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2020
I was thinking... given the mATX motherboard compatibility (which again, I fully support), the PSU will have to be placed in such a way that it draws air from the inside of the case, potentially a rather warm one.

I was wondering whether it would make sense for the front panel to be vented/meshed in order for the PSU to draw air from outside the case and thus be more adequately cooled.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2022-11-20: M1EVO Interest Check | Survey is live (URL).​

Last edited:

dennis

Case Bender
New User
Dec 21, 2020
Does anybody know if the Shipping Dates on the Interest Check | Survery of 2022-DEC and 2023-JAN are just placeholders or if some of them will ship in that timeframe to consumers?

Thanks!

Epos7

Trash Compacter
Aug 24, 2019
Suggestion - make the front panel cable less of an impediment than it was on the M1. The cable on the M1 is stiff and difficult to route well. It also protrudes a long way behind the front panel before it starts bending.

Watching this project. I have 2 x 240mm rads in my M1. Not sure I'll spring for this if it can't do the same.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Suggestion - make the front panel cable less of an impediment than it was on the M1. The cable on the M1 is stiff and difficult to route well. It also protrudes a long way behind the front panel before it starts bending.

Watching this project. I have 2 x 240mm rads in my M1. Not sure I'll spring for this if it can't do the same.

Pro-tip: take the cable and rip it out with your teeth while making eye contact with the rest of the case to assert dominance. That'll make it work.

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
Does anybody know if the Shipping Dates on the Interest Check | Survery of 2022-DEC and 2023-JAN are just placeholders or if some of them will ship in that timeframe to consumers?

Thanks!
They hope to ship the first by then, we'll have to wait and see if they manage!

W360 already said on the SFF Gurus Discord that it should support dual 280 rads. They're working on getting the specs all nicely summed up.