Production NCASE M1EVO

RockZors

Trash Compacter
Aug 21, 2018
Ok, so apparently DanCase C4 is nearing release as Dan has finalized his case and will soon send it to production.

I am mentioning this because of C4 SFX's volume increase to 14.7 liters, which I believe will make it very similar to M1 Evo. This would mean that the M1 Evo, which will come later to the market than the C4 SFX, will need some very clear differentiating factors to set itself apart.

So far, M1 Evo's extra features are mATX boards and ATX PSU's compatibility and mesh panels. Will they be enough to make itself a unique product though?

I do not know whether mesh panels are better than those with holes, so mATX boards are the biggest bonus I think. But if mATX is used, then the PSU (whether sfx or atx) would need some breathing room since, as it is positioned now, it would take air from inside the case, which will be hot because side fans are no longer an option and the front panel is unvented. A mesh front panel should solve the issue I reckon, thus making it truly a complete case, in addition to also giving it a more distinctive look.

What do you guys think?
The mATX is enough for me, those boards are much cheaper then ITX nowadays

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
I don't think we'll see this available until March/April.

Survey was checking interest for shipping in December. But yeah, what are another couple of months, or years. If it is one thing we are good at, it is waiting. Personally, I am curious about the O-ATX.

alfdpw

Chassis Packer
Oct 19, 2022
To be honest it is bit strange to have a survey checking the interest for shipping months, which have almost passed and not have any update on the dimensions and compatibility of the case. 🤔 I mean I'm interested in general but if the point was to check the interest for this particular case/design and how soon do you want it, I personally cannot say without some more data.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
very excited to build in this case! Any updates on timeline for delivery? Is January still in the cards?
I don't think we'll see this available until March/April.
Are there any updates for the O-ATX? Would like to see renders with parts inside and dimensions.

The M1EVO and OATX share some parts, and we found some issues with these shared parts.

We revised the design and is expecting the parts around mid February. Based on how good or bad they are, we will make a decision on launch.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
To be honest it is bit strange to have a survey checking the interest for shipping months, which have almost passed and not have any update on the dimensions and compatibility of the case. 🤔 I mean I'm interested in general but if the point was to check the interest for this particular case/design and how soon do you want it, I personally cannot say without some more data.
@threestripevida @Sen

We wanted to gauge people’s patience level. That’s why there are dates associated with the IC.

Predictably, people prefer products asap, not later, now we have numbers.

knewt

Caliper Novice
Sep 4, 2019
This looks great! So the colors are the same as the old ncase m1, one black and one silver? Are there any plans for a grayish color (like something in between black and silver, think nr200p max)?

adiiio

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 12, 2020
Can’t wait to upgrade from the original T1 :) that was the best case for my use but with 40 series card getting bigger it’s made it hard not to upgrade!

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
The Oatx matx version is frickin sick!!! Im buying one as soon as it launches! Ive been waiting for a case like this!!

forstsiven

Chassis Packer
Jun 2, 2016
The M1EVO and OATX share some parts, and we found some issues with these shared parts.

We revised the design and is expecting the parts around mid February. Based on how good or bad they are, we will make a decision on launch.
Is launch/sale expected immediately or will there be several months between accepting orders and delivery?

I've just recently purchased a brand new T1 V2, but I'm absolutely willing to wait a little while longer to build in a o1 eatx.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
The New Ncase M1 update should have same Compatibility of Dual Rads as it had before and a compatible size to fit a Watercooled card at the same time.
That’s the main reason many left the Ncase M1 in my opinion was due to WIDE cards, sadly.

Triliner

Cable Smoosher
Jan 27, 2022
Survey was checking interest for shipping in December. But yeah, what are another couple of months, or years. If it is one thing we are good at, it is waiting. Personally, I am curious about the O-ATX.
Whats an "O-ATX" Is it the new Formd model thats currently in Interest check rn?

Mr_Pengin

Caliper Novice
Sep 27, 2022

Man, I can't wait for the release.