Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
I have everything built but for some reason there is a low buzz coming from what I think is the alphacool lt block but idk. It's a really annoying low pitched buzz and doesn't sound like fans spinning. Does anyone know what this might be?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I have everything built but for some reason there is a low buzz coming from what I think is the alphacool lt block but idk. It's a really annoying low pitched buzz and doesn't sound like fans spinning. Does anyone know what this might be?

Could be the pump itself. Have you tried adjusting the speed of the pump via PWM?

eliar

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 31, 2017
The diagrams say 151 mm clearance from bottom of PCIe tab of gpu to the panel. Does that mean oversized cards can fit? I have a Zotac 1080 Ti AMP card that's 148 mm tall. I know MSI also makes some really tall cards so I'm really hoping to finally find a nice case that can support those cards.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Its the pump I had one don't let it above 70%. I used to run it 40%-70% idle and load.

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
Been following this thread ever since I saw @optimumtech's video, can't wait for AU orders to open up!

I saw mention of a distro plate previously, is this something that still might eventuate and would that incorporate housing for a pump?

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
The diagrams say 151 mm clearance from bottom of PCIe tab of gpu to the panel. Does that mean oversized cards can fit? I have a Zotac 1080 Ti AMP card that's 148 mm tall. I know MSI also makes some really tall cards so I'm really hoping to finally find a nice case that can support those cards.

I have the same card in front of me. I just measured the card from the mounting surface and it protrudes ~140mm from the board. I don't have the T1 yet to be able to comment on practical clearances.

eliar

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 31, 2017
I have the same card in front of me. I just measured the card from the mounting surface and it protrudes ~140mm from the board. I don't have the T1 yet to be able to comment on practical clearances.
Oh wow you're absolutely right. Just measured the PCB on mine and it's 120 mm. Sorry about that. I was going off of the specs sheet from Zotac's site. They say the height is 148 mm so I wonder if they're including the PCIe bracket at the back that extends past the PCB?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Oh wow you're absolutely right. Just measured the PCB on mine and it's 120 mm. Sorry about that. I was going off of the specs sheet from Zotac's site. They say the height is 148 mm so I wonder if they're including the PCIe bracket at the back that extends past the PCB?

I stuck my GPU measurements at the end of this gallery. As you can see from the pics it just fits in terms of height with countersunk blanking and very tight right angle fittings.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
After one day spent to make custom cable for the 180 PSU configuration, I've realised that there is a clearance issue between the radiator 90 degrees fitting and the power cable extension! So, It's not gonna happen for now! Maybe I will use a straight one next time I drain the system, but I am still convinced that is not worth it, because it means a longer 24pin ATX cable and longer CPU EPS cable.

One suggestion for @Wahaha360 : i suggest to cut higher the central opening of the plate to mount 180 degrees the PSU. Or even remove it, to have a sort of U shape.
So you have space to route easily custom cable from the PSU to the GPU!

3feetcat

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
After one day spent to make custom cable for the 180 PSU configuration, I've realised that there is a clearance issue between the radiator 90 degrees fitting and the power cable extension! So, It's not gonna happen for now! Maybe I will use a straight one next time I drain the system, but I am still convinced that is not worth it, because it means a longer 24pin ATX cable and longer CPU EPS cable.

One suggestion for @Wahaha360 : i suggest to cut higher the central opening of the plate to mount 180 degrees the PSU. Or even remove it, to have a sort of U shape.

I see, good suggestion. I how much do you think I should cut?

Reactions: pwnedundies

eliar

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 31, 2017
I stuck my GPU measurements at the end of this gallery. As you can see from the pics it just fits in terms of height with countersunk blanking and very tight right angle fittings.

Wow that looks great. Thanks for the info!

3feetcat

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018

What about like this?

3feetcat

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
What do you mean buy this photo? https://smallformfactor.net/forum/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.postimg.cc%2Fsg524w5G%2FIMG-2560.jpg&hash=6753e4ee9a10564286df74ca2d09c8e2
Excuse me for not understanding this, what does U shape mean here? Wouldn't you able to route the cables from PSU side to GPU side with current design?

The top spine where the bracket attaches blocks the cutout you've made. One suggestion is to get rid of all the metal to make a giant U out of the bracket.

Picture 4 and 6

I believe @fabio means to do this:

Reactions: Bausa and fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016