Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I have finished my build but my GPU appears to have started pooing out all it’s pixels. I had a pixelated screen now the the GPU won’t display. As I’m using a I9-9900KF trouble shooting is difficult with no iGPU.

Here is the album for your viewing pleasure while I try to fix it.

KetchupFTW

Cable Smoosher
Mar 26, 2020
Graphic cards support: 312mm long, 2 or 3 Slot GPU (39.2 or 59.2mm from Side Panel to GPU PCB, including 1.6mm GPU PCB)

So what is the point of a 2-slot card if the vast majority of GPUs are wider than 39.2 mm anyway? Almost only ITX-cards will qualify, and you won't even be able to make use of the length this case has to offer then.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Graphic cards support: 312mm long, 2 or 3 Slot GPU (39.2 or 59.2mm from Side Panel to GPU PCB, including 1.6mm GPU PCB)

So what is the point of a 2-slot card if the vast majority of GPUs are wider than 39.2 mm anyway? Almost only ITX-cards will qualify, and you won't even be able to make use of the length this case has to offer then.

I think founders editions are within 2 slots as are blowers. Of course there is also water cooling. So many reasons!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

There are a lot of 2 slots GPU as well. EVGA has every version in 2 slots as well.

KetchupFTW

Cable Smoosher
Mar 26, 2020
I think founders editions are within 2 slots as are blowers. Of course there is also water cooling. So many reasons!

But not all 2 slots are made equal. Will the bottom two cards for example fit?

Board Dimensions1) 240mm*118mm*40mm

2) 28 x 14.8 x 4.4 cm

Both two slot cards, but no right?

KetchupFTW

Cable Smoosher
Mar 26, 2020
Well, 44mm isn't two slot anymore. There are lots of cards with the correct dimensions and you can find them using comparison websites.
But 40mm isn't either apparently, since it won't fit this case unfortunately enough. What websites are you reffering to?

bpark919

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2018
@Goatee what rad is that?

Also, for everyone: would a 12 FPI or a 16 FPI rad cool better? What is the trade-off? From what I can see, a 16 FPI rad would cool better but requires higher fan speed?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

2) 28 x 14.8 x 4.4 cm

So then you use the 3 slot mode? I'm not sure what your point is in stating there isn't a point to a 2 slot mode. In the case you ARE using an under 39.2mm card, you gain the advantage of increased CPU cooler height. If you have a larger card, you can still use this case as well. Modularity here is an advantage, and it doesn't result in increased volume.

Reactions: fabio

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Also, for everyone: would a 12 FPI or a 16 FPI rad cool better? What is the trade-off? From what I can see, a 16 FPI rad would cool better but requires higher fan speed?

Yes and no.

Higher FPI need higher static pressure (which usually requires higher fan speed).
It's simply more restrictive but also has more surface (more fins per inch) and therefore the capability to cool better (in case the required static pressure is provided).
If the fans can't provide the required static pressure a 16FPI will not cool better than a 12FPI radiator - it might actually cool worse.

But... 16FPI is still good for slim fans or normal fans with low rpm. 16FPI is still not a really high fin count.

Ps.: In one of my systems a 9900k@5.2 all core and a 2080ti, both under full load, are easily being cooled by a 16FPI 360 + 16FPI 240 @ Noctua Redux @ 570 RPM.

Last edited:

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
@KetchupFTW manufacturers have different measurement precision, as well as points of reference. Your best bet is to look at the manufacturer’s web page for the specific model and look at the pictures. Nearly all of them include a shot squarely on the PCIE brackets/IO ports. If the cooler pokes above the silver bracket, it’s not a two slot. If it’s flush, it is.

now, it’s possible that a card’s back plate is greater than the 6mm clearance the T1 has (does anyone have examples of cards with a backplate too thick to fit in the Dan a4?) but I think it’s pretty unlikely

denys_349

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2020

2) 28 x 14.8 x 4.4 cm

second won't fit because of the height of 148mm, but if 44mm thickness includes backplate I believe that such card with smaller height will fit, my msi 1070ti gaming x is 42mm thick but there are still something like 3-4mm between the card and side panel
regarding the discussion about LT240 tubing earlier in this thread, maybe someone knows exact tubes model which I can use to replace LT240 stock tubing? the best option is 8/11mm diameters so i don't have to replace fittings as well;
or just some good tubes if there are no such 8/11mm model

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
second won't fit because of the height of 148mm, but if 44mm thickness includes backplate I believe that such card with smaller height will fit, my msi 1070ti gaming x is 42mm thick but there are still something like 3-4mm between the card and side panel
regarding the discussion about LT240 tubing earlier in this thread, maybe someone knows exact tubes model which I can use to replace LT240 stock tubing? the best option is 8/11mm diameters so i don't have to replace fittings as well;
or just some good tubes if there are no such 8/11mm model
Here they have the 11/8mm, black or transparent. I suggest the Tygon brand.