Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Zickzack

Case Bender
New User
Mar 26, 2020
I saw the Optimum Tech´s Video about this awesome case, is there any chance to buy it? IF yes, where to buy this case?
Best regards
Toby

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Oh men, this is the most difficult thing I did in my late life. Maybe there is some trick that I don't know??

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
Oh men, this is the most difficult thing I did in my late life. Maybe there is some trick that I don't know??

I had a lot of fun when doing this on my A4 for the first time ever - because I screwed up when pulling all those wires out, ending with me having no clue how to reassemble it after shortening the cables - thank god I was able to google for a plan on how those cables have to be connected, I've never been so stressed when turning on my PC not knowing if it would just turn on, or burst into flames ? (spoiler: it worked fine)

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
I was asking pslate because his cables are really good and if he has his measurements, you can start ordering from him. I got a set from him for my ghost and he let me send off menu materials to his place and the cables came out looking perfect
Oh I gotcha! His shop appears to be closed for new orders now! I can speak to the quality of his work, too. Sleeved set in my SM580 and unsleeved in ghost.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I assembled my case a few days ago but haven't put in the time yet re: cable lengths. With the virus concerns we've been prioritizing unfulfilled cable orders in case we have to shut down. If I'm forced to work from home again it will slow down production significantly. Either way I'll have news regarding the T1 soon!

Will be exploring the 'flipped' PSU option as well likely just with Corsair and EVGA SFX PSUs. The Silverstone models seem to be less popular these days.

The double crimps? Do you have some of the larger 16awg terminals? They make double wires much easier!

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
? I just received mine! ???

FYI I had to pay 26,50€ (18,77€ for customs charges + 7,50€ postal charges)
26,50€ is about 29 USD

Sorry for the potato quality pic.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks for the kind words guys, I assembled my case a few days ago but haven't put in the time yet re: cable lengths. With the virus concerns we've been prioritizing unfulfilled cable orders in case we have to shut down. If I'm forced to work from home again it will slow down production significantly. Either way I'll have news regarding the T1 soon!

Will be exploring the 'flipped' PSU option as well likely just with Corsair and EVGA SFX PSUs. The Silverstone models seem to be less popular these days.

The double crimps? Do you have some of the larger 16awg terminals? They make double wires much easier!
Oh, I didn’t know they were existing!

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

You are an essential service, tell your governor that you are single handedly keeping the usps fron going under. Amazon got nothing on you.

And since you are a small business you get a fat bailout from the government :)

bpark919

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2018
Hey guys just checking in again... Looks like USA-California is going to be the last test shipper to receive my T1. Haven't heard a peep since the 24th. Really glad everyone else is getting their cases though!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
when will this be avail for order?
Most likely when 1. All the test shippers get their cases and 2. When the current pandemic calms down. I'm not sure about 2, but I know 1 is the primary reason the case isn't for sale yet, the creator wants feedback from the test shippers.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Ok, maybe it will work! I will use two single GPU power cable for each of the GPU and the double crimped one shared between them!
I can achieve this because the Corsair SF750 come with one more connector for the CPU/GPU. If there will be too many cable, I will double crimp a second one. ?

Here you can see also the custom bracket just made starting from the DAN/Ghost one to support the riser.
I made a small mistake with the dimension so I removed too much in the middle, but it doesn't affect anything!

Thanks to C_Payne for the riser! Now waiting for a more appropriate riser to check if I can keep the fans near the motherboard and I can put everything together, again!

Working with his case is amazing, you can swap/remove/tweak a lot of stuff with all the components in place!

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Working with his case is amazing, you can swap/remove/tweak a lot of stuff with all the components in place!

Couldn't agree more! I swapped brackets by just unscrewing them with parts still in place. I can remove a side beam to plug in my CPU power. I even removed the entire front frame so I can screw in fittings/attach tubing and placed it back (do not do this with PSU attached!). It's amazing.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Anyone knows the purpose of these screws and black rubber pads?

The long screws are also good for the riser strut and stand offs. I used one to reach the PSU bracket->mobo stand-off I used for stability, too. (see below pic)

The big thumb screws are what I used for the top and bottom panels, as well as for the GPU bracket.

I look forward to seeing your build! I'm going to swap out my BR v2 over the next couple of days with my L12S and see how it compares, and then onto the custom sleeving!