Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Whatever tubing you're using, I'm pretty sure it's some other type of rubber/plastic. It appears from the photos like it's seemed, and EPDM is seamless. All commonly available EPDM should also be marked as such unless, like I assume EK did, you contract with the factory to get it without branding.

Edit: Where did you source the tubing?
it's the same mcmaster-carr epdm as what was being discussed, just in a smaller sizing that's compatible with the stock fittings. direct link to the 5/16 x 7/16 can be found here.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hi, do you think a 59.9mm GPU like the AORUS RTX 2060 Super would fit in here? Or is that too much of a stretch?

It should fit.

The backplate is prob 4-6mm by itself, so the 59.9mm size is more like 54-56mm relative to T1's clearance of 59.2mm in 3 slot mode.

Reactions: masklee

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Just a reminder. The lt240 doesn't come with screws to mount 15mm fans. I'm using the 25mm fan screws do the can wobbles a bit.

Reactions: PBJ

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
Even if you are not using EK GPU block, you can use low profile angle fittings like Koolance Swiveling Elbow or Alpahcool HF L-connector to fit into 2-slot GPU mode.

A friend of mine did just that, but the side panels still may get in the way of the 90 degree fittings.

I would certainly want to see T1 supporting 'regular' 90 degree rotary fittings and some more gap for compression fittings for open loop GPUs
as I personally hate barb fittings....

Reactions: panzermuffin

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
So, I’m considering a full CPU+GPU Loop but I want it as low maintenance as possible. I already have the EPDM tubing, but does anyone recommend a good clear coolant?

I saw the Mayhems XT-1 Nuke which looks promising but I can’t really say if it’s worth it.
V2 is the newest 'clear' coolant after XT-1 Nuke V1, so I'd say it's worth it.

Reactions: PBJ

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
A friend of mine did just that, but the side panels still may get in the way of the 90 degree fittings.

I would certainly want to see T1 supporting 'regular' 90 degree rotary fittings and some more gap for compression fittings for open loop GPUs

Seems like terminal fittings are about the only real way with the T1

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Seems like terminal fittings are about the only real way with the T1

3-slot GPU mode has enough clearance for regular 90D angle fitting and compression fittings.

Last edited:

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
3-slot GPU mode has enough clearance.
I'm embarassed to annoy you with this question, but is there still enough space for the LT240 pump with 90° fittings when having the T1 in 3-slot GPU mode? In other words: Does 3-slot GPU mode with 90° fittings + LT240 CPU pump block with 90° fittings work?
Thank you for your patience with my questions!

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
seeing that the LT240 seems to fit snuggly in 2slot GPU configuration, I'll use the LT240 right from the start and swap to the official 3D Printed tubes once available, I guess :D

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019
it's the same mcmaster-carr epdm as what was being discussed, just in a smaller sizing that's compatible with the stock fittings. direct link to the 5/16 x 7/16 can be found here.

Can't say that in 5 years I've ever gotten EPDM/Tygon from McMaster that wasn't marked. In any case, wall thickness is not the only factor. Tube diameter plays a big role in how readily it will kink. The 1/4ID x 3/8OD also has the same wall thickness, but doesn't kink either. It may be that you've found the usable threshold for diameter at that wall thickness (or Alphacool did, as the case may be).

I still vastly prefer 1/4ID x 1/2OD for durability, aesthetics, and resistance to permeation, but I understand if you're trying to keep cost down and want to reuse fittings.

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
but I understand if you're trying to keep cost down and want to reuse fittings.
...if only i were keeping cost down heh. the tubing just happens to be the same size as what is needed for the low profile bitspower compression fittings (such as this straight compression), but i'd rather not purchase any more t1-specific parts until i actually have a t1 in hand, so the stock fittings will have to suffice until then.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Quick question. How do you mount 15mm fans on an lt240? The screws that came with the noctua a12*15 are very short and I don't know what they're for. The screws that came with the lt240 are too long because they were designed for 25mm fans.

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019
Grainger has it as well but I can only find it in 100ft packs on their website. Maybe you could call and try to place a smaller order. Or if a local store had some you could probably get just what you need.

@incunabula, do you know if they also print on the tubes? Have you ever bought from them?

notbitcoin is saying the stuff they've ordered is unprinted. I'm making a new order at work, so we'll see if they're still doing it. Yesterday I looked at the stuff we currently have deployed, and the markings can be scraped off for the most part. So either way, it's not a big deal.

Reactions: forestpatrol