Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Joshj23

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 26, 2019
I can see there's support for 120mm aio's and select 240mm aio's but couldn't find much on dual 120mm aio's from the few pages I went through, does the case support dual 120mm aio's? ie one for cpu one for gpu? Apologies if this was asked before.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
The case only support one 120mm AIO or 30mm thick 120 rad. There is another space below the motherboard for another 120mm fan. These together allowed it to have a very limited (currently only one, being the Lt240) 240mm AIO compatibility (as long as you use thin radiator and the second fan being low profile)

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
I can see there's support for 120mm aio's and select 240mm aio's but couldn't find much on dual 120mm aio's from the few pages I went through, does the case support dual 120mm aio's? ie one for cpu one for gpu? Apologies if this was asked before.
As mentioned above, this only supports select (single) 120mm rads and one 240mm radiator. If you're into waiting, you might find the C4-SFX case from @dondan a better fit for your needs.
Alternatively, you could just do what a few others are planning and run both CPU and GPU blocks in a single 240mm loop.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Alternatively, you could just do what a few others are planning and run both CPU and GPU blocks in a single 240mm loop.

What's interesting to me is this: once you decide to go waterblock for graphics cooling then the need for a 3-wide GPU bay vanishes... and all that volume opens up on the CPU side for a nicely-sized air cooler.

Now the radiator can be devoted entirely to GPU cooling. This means fewer tubes to route, which frees up space and improves airflow. Many AIOs become viable, and even GPUs with bundled water coolers if that's your thing.

This matches a philosophy of reallocating thermal management away from general processing and toward compute/graphics instead. It's a perfect fit for gaming, VR, and similar tasks.

Reactions: PBJ

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
What's interesting to me is this: once you decide to go waterblock for graphics cooling then the need for a 3-wide GPU bay vanishes... and all that volume opens up on the CPU side for a nicely-sized air cooler.

Now the radiator can be devoted entirely to GPU cooling. This means fewer tubes to route, which frees up space and improves airflow. Many AIOs become viable, and even GPUs with bundled water coolers if that's your thing.

This matches a philosophy of reallocating thermal management away from general processing and toward compute/graphics instead. It's a perfect fit for gaming, VR, and similar tasks.
dont forget this works both ways: using an aio for cpu allows for a 3 slot gpu, if you want a big beefy aib card (i wonder if you could fit an accelero iii with slim fans?).
its almost as if this was the point in flexibility :)

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018

You still can't fit a massive air cooler even with a waterblock right, right? So might as well go with a 3 slot GPU and a CPU block.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017

Or, like others have pointed out previously, instead of a slightly larger low profile air cooler, you can fit a DDC pump/block (Swiftech Apogee Drive II) with enough performance to handle flow for both the CPU and the GPU. Giving you better cooling on both with a quieter, attractive pump.

Reactions: rfarmer

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
You still can't fit a massive air cooler even with a waterblock right, right? So might as well go with a 3 slot GPU and a CPU block.
Or, like others have pointed out previously, instead of a slightly larger low profile air cooler, you can fit a DDC pump/block (Swiftech Apogee Drive II) with enough performance to handle flow for both the CPU and the GPU. Giving you better cooling on both with a quieter, attractive pump.

Sure, I get it. But with game engines and graphics APIs taking increasingly better advantage of more cores/threads, combined with high resolution gaming's GPU-bound nature, my bias is to maximally cool a monster GPU while opting for a lower TDP CPU.

With modern options like the 65W 3700X, this strategy can work really well. The days of single-threaded performance's import to gaming and VR are coming to an end, much to Intel's lament.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Looking at SFFLAB the drop down option states silver and black, is that the confirmed as picture looks almost white and grey? I know that seems to be more of a placeholder for people to register interest and purchase so was seeking confirmation via here.....
Two-tone will be silver and “space gray”.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Quick question regarding two tone version as I want I/O especially the SD Card Reader.

what are the 2 colours as I cannot see this stated anywhere?
and it mentions tempered glass panel compared to basic version that refers to mesh panels. If one panel is glass what is the other, and for those who may not want glass is there a possibility of not having glass, bearing in mind this would require doubling whatever the other panel is?

i want this case but require I/O so that means waiting for the two tone.........
The two tone will come with 2 tempered glass side panels and the black version with 2 steel mesh side panels.

As stated in the post you quoted above, silver mesh side panels and silver or black aluminum side panels will be available for purchase separately sometime 2020.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Is that for certain. I guess my ATD is kicking in and by reading tempered glass panel make that singular rather than plural?

Was also going to ask about side panels, as two tone if confirmed in space grey and silver, i might want to match this with the side panels and have one in each to carry on the theme although not sure how it would look aesthetically.......
Well, I can’t definitely say for sure until the final product is revealed. Things could change I guess, but yes, 2 tempered glass side panels.

I don’t think space gray side panels are being considered. Just silver or black. I assume they would be sold in pairs. Two black or two silver.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Finally a question on shipping. Will shipping be from place of manufacture or from the US as I am in the UK and I guess would be cheaper and quicker direct from manufacture but not sure if that is logistically feasible?
Will ship from China.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Finally a question on shipping. Will shipping be from place of manufacture or from the US as I am in the UK and I guess would be cheaper and quicker direct from manufacture but not sure if that is logistically feasible?

That's a bit too early to determine