Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

denys_349

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2020
I think I did a dumb. I bought a GPU for this eventual build and realized after the purchase that it is taller than 140mm (it's 148mm)[don't judge me - it was a late night low-bidding spree]. I plan to cool it with a waterblock once I get the T1. Some questions:
  • Should I sell the card as soon as it arrives for one that is 140mm (or shorter)?
  • Would I be able to somehow position this 148mm two slot card in a three slot configuration so it does not interfere with the strut and therefore allow enough clearance for a waterblock with low profile fittings?
The pictures I've seen seem to show way more space than what my numbers indicate so I'd like to bounce a reality check for myself off of the community.

0Zx
you need to keep in mind some space for power connectors also, if your GPU has some reccesses for them (like msi 1080ti gaming x), then this can be fine, otherwise it should be shorter than 140mm to fit it with unmodified connectors.
I was able to fit my msi gtx 1070ti gaming x which is 140mm tall in 3-slot mode using 2 long standoffs to move riser 1-slot closer to side panel, apart from that I'm using modified connectors, as I mentioned above

Reactions: DrHudacris

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
Regarding space behind the GPU & PSU for the GPU power cables, I had to move the cable combs further away so that I could "flatten" the cables in-between the two.

I can't seem to get any AIO Pump reporting from the LT240 on my B450 Strix. It just shows as 0 rpm the whole time, is that normal? To me the pump sound is quite loud and I'm just thinking it might be running at 100% all of the time. AI Suite 3 shows some controls, but moving them around doesn't change the sound or pitch. I have tried bleeding it more but only got a tiny amount of air out after 30 minutes of rocking/shaking/rotating the case with the pump running.

Checking CoreTemp and HWInfo, the CPU temperature is jumping from 38C-49C every 3-5 seconds while idle. So something is very odd...

Anyone else with a B450 and LT240?

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
you need to keep in mind some space for power connectors also, if your GPU has some reccesses for them (like msi 1080ti gaming x), then this can be fine, otherwise it should be shorter than 140mm to fit it with unmodified connectors.
I was able to fit my msi gtx 1070ti gaming x which is 140mm tall in 3-slot mode using 2 long standoffs to move riser 1-slot closer to side panel, apart from that I'm using modified connectors, as I mentioned above

The female 8-pin connectors sit flush with the top of the card pcb, which is also flush with the cooler. I would not be opposed to soldering right angle pcie cables.

cldskt

Trash Compacter
Mar 5, 2020
Now I got the point with zoomed closer look. Thank you very much again. May I ask you what RAM modules do you use and whether you had any clearance issue with the 120mm fan over them? I am planning to buy Aorus b450i, do you have any ideas about fitting L12S on it?

Aorus B450 i Pro Wifi would be compatible with L12S, but your RAM Clearance is limited to 32mm iirc with the fan mounted below the heatsink (as @Brude27 said, you can't put the fan on top of the heatsink as it would be about 86mm tall while T1 supports a max of 70mm even with 2-slot GPU config), so your best bet would be the Corsair LPX Vengeance.

jurusy

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 30, 2020
I'm new to this website, but I've had my eye on the form d t1 from optimum tech videos. Can't wait to get my hands on one. This case is gorgeous and nothing catches my eye quite like this one

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Regarding space behind the GPU & PSU for the GPU power cables, I had to move the cable combs further away so that I could "flatten" the cables in-between the two.

I can't seem to get any AIO Pump reporting from the LT240 on my B450 Strix. It just shows as 0 rpm the whole time, is that normal? To me the pump sound is quite loud and I'm just thinking it might be running at 100% all of the time. AI Suite 3 shows some controls, but moving them around doesn't change the sound or pitch. I have tried bleeding it more but only got a tiny amount of air out after 30 minutes of rocking/shaking/rotating the case with the pump running.

Checking CoreTemp and HWInfo, the CPU temperature is jumping from 38C-49C every 3-5 seconds while idle. So something is very odd...

The temperature spikes are common to 3rd gen Ryzen.

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018

The spikes are completely normal. I set a custom fan curve in BIOS so the fan doesn't rev up and down all the time.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Now I got the point with zoomed closer look. Thank you very much again. May I ask you what RAM modules do you use and whether you had any clearance issue with the 120mm fan over them? I am planning to buy Aorus b450i, do you have any ideas about fitting L12S on it?

I don’t have any experience with that motherboard, so I can’t say for sure.

Aorus B450 i Pro Wifi would be compatible with L12S, but your RAM Clearance is limited to 32mm iirc with the fan mounted below the heatsink (as @Brude27 said, you can't put the fan on top of the heatsink as it would be about 86mm tall while T1 supports a max of 70mm even with 2-slot GPU config), so your best bet would be the Corsair LPX Vengeance.

Corsair Vengeance LPX modules are exactly what I use. :)

Reactions: cldskt

Yugo555

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020

Thank you for the detailed info. I also checked the Noctua’s website and it says that the gap between fan and the CPU is 32mm. However the RAM clearance is up to 35mm. I was thinking to use Crucial Ballistix Sport LT which has 32.7mm height. It will probably fit without any problem. In any case Corsair will be my second option after hearing other experiences from users.

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
I'm 99% sure that the 148mm height is with the PCI bracket, it doesn't look taller than the 140mm MSI cards on the pictures. But again, I could be wrong...

I believe you are correct. ?‍♂️ I found a review of the Extreme version (Zotac confirmed here that they use the same PCB as the regular AMP version) and it indicates the PCB is 130mm tall.

Thanks!

@Wahaha360 Please don't trouble yourself with my response to your question unless there is something else I should know.

Reactions: Bausa and riba2233

nulio

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2020
is there still a couple of millimeters for 2mm taller RAMs?
I'm not sure. I'll take a sad picture of my mini ITX... sitting in the MB box...

Edit:

Last edited: