Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
You're making me wanna buy a block too! I have the 1080Ti strix. I searched that same block you have and it says it's compatible with GTX1080Ti, would you happen to know if the 1080ti strix oc is compatible? I remember phantek blocks had different model for the strix than for the founders 1080ti
No, it's not compatible 100% with the 1080 Ti Strix! The only one from alphacool seems to be this:

But you can check on their compatibility list! http://www.alphacool.com/download/compatibility list Nvidia.pdf

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Is there a reason you put the alphacool block sideways? Mine can't go on sideways because the am4 mounting bracket is from front to back
For now it's just to start to think the best orientation. In this position and facing the SSD it fits perfectly. Facing the VRM I have to double check with the mounting hardware to be 100% sure!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Where did you get that cool cover for your Apogee Drive II? It looks different than what the stock photos show. Is the pump loud? Seems pretty cool and I'd probably buy one myself! Thank you in advance.
Basically, If you buy a DDC pump with the "standard" plastic top, the included screws allow you to mount directly on the Apogee Drive any DDC with the EKWB DDC heatsink. The one I have is the Alphacool DDC 310, but is the same size and have an identical Heatsink, so I was able to utilize it with no problem! Thanks to this the pump combo is a bit slimmer!

EDIT: actually inside the Apogee box there are 4 screws that should work also!

Last edited:

forestpatrol

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
Hi all! Lurker turned official user recently. I've been trying to find an LT240 cooler to cool my T1 when it's available, but I'm having a terrible time finding one in the USA. It seems the only way to get them here is to order through Alphacool direct, but the shipping is awful... so I got the idea to see if other folks in the USA-MA area might be into doing a group buy of sorts (as in: purchase multiple coolers at once to split shipping costs)? Would anyone be interested in that? Also, apologies if this is not the best place to post this; happy to move the conversation! Thanks all!
What's the best place to order the Alphacool LT240 from if you're in the States?

I just bought one from Amazon.co.uk. That's the best that I found. I paid about $130 shipping to Tennessee and it should get here within a week or sooner. Still expensive but it's the best I found.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
I just bought one from Amazon.co.uk. That's the best that I found. I paid about $130 shipping to Tennessee and it should get here within a week or sooner. Still expensive but it's the best I found.
Is it really that expensive? I bought mine in China for roughly $90usd.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
If anyone is looking for one in the UK. Ebuyer on eBay using the discount code = £75.

I had to buy another one as I dropped something heavy on my rad.

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
You can't get the LT240 radiator on its own can you? How will the new block and pump solution work for those who need a rad to complete the loop?

EDIT: Or is the distro plate able to cool the water enough that the radiator is not needed?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
You can't get the LT240 radiator on its own can you? How will the new block and pump solution work for those who need a rad to complete the loop?

EDIT: Or is the distro plate able to cool the water enough that the radiator is not needed?

No and nobody said it's a distro plate, I don't even know but if you want an uneducated guess I still think it's an LED array with a sound sensor so you can be in a night club everytime you use your computer.

Roanoak

Efficiency Noob
Feb 16, 2020
Basically, If you buy a DDC pump with the "standard" plastic top, the included screws allow you to mount directly on the Apogee Drive any DDC with the EKWB DDC heatsink. The one I have is the Alphacool DDC 310, but is the same size and have an identical Heatsink, so I was able to utilize it with no problem! Thanks to this the pump combo is a bit slimmer!

EDIT: actually inside the Apogee box there are 4 screws that should work also!

Thanks for the reply man! That's really good to know! Do you think the combo you have will fit in the T1? If it does, I think I'm going to get it, because it looks awesome and is unique.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks for the reply man! That's really good to know! Do you think the combo you have will fit in the T1? If it does, I think I'm going to get it, because it looks awesome and is unique.
Be careful with the memory height also. With the trident Z and the low profile fittings there are clearance issue. If you use lower memory height works with no problem!

Zjzclr

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 28, 2020
This is the best case I've ever seen! By your id and avatar, are you Chinese? In China, there are many itx fans like me who like sidearmd t1 very much. Since t1 is made in China, is it possible to increase some channels of direct purchase in China, such as taobao store, alipay or WeChat payment method, which will be more friendly to Chinese fans.