Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
A big thanks to @Wahaha360 for including me in the test shipment! Really excited to create some custom length PSU cables for the case! Have had a lot of folks inquire about custom cables for the T1. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Also, if any of the test shippers need a 16mm power switch, I have a few available. Black with white/blue/red or no LED and silver with white LED. Here's a link to the product page on my site. Send a PM if you are interested.

I can speak to the quality of @pslate's products, I got a VERY custom set of cables for my ghost and they are very well made and you can tell the time and dedication he puts into every set. It might take a bit of time to complete your order but his customer service is second to none (even for a pain in the ass like myself) and very much worth the wait.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Do you have pics? the quality of the switch as it sort of makes a statement. I have to lug this thing from lab to lab, I'd like to make a good impression.

This is correct. Pictures make it look shinier than it is. I feel the need to say that since a big reason I went with it was b/c I wanted a more industrial looking power button that didn't feel cheap/like garbage when it actuated. This one has a very nice tactile bump, and a satisfying friction from the precise machining. Josh will also customize your cable length as long as you send an email when you place your order.

Also worth noting... the light is BRIGHT. It's easily as bright as the new Corsair H60 pump LEDs.

race2c

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2019
@pslate - in reference to your switch, i noticed the button is showing as "sold out" on your site. are you planning on having more available for purchase in the future?

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
@pslate - in reference to your switch, i noticed the button is showing as "sold out" on your site. are you planning on having more available for purchase in the future?

It's marked as sold out because I'm not taking cable orders until March 2nd. But if you need one ASAP I can make and ship it. I have inventory on hand. Marking the cables as sold out is just the best way to stop new orders from coming in.

race2c

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2019
It's marked as sold out because I'm not taking cable orders until March 2nd. But if you need one ASAP I can make and ship it. I have inventory on hand. Marking the cables as sold out is just the best way to stop new orders from coming in.

Thank you, @pslate for the quick response and details! I am not apart of the scheduled test shipping, so I am not in a rush at the present time for buttons (or cables) for that matter.

Cyberratchet

Cable Smoosher
Oct 24, 2018
I can't tell for Austria, but for Germany Tax is calculated ontop of the combined price, including shipping.

Oh yeah, I think you're right. The actual calculation is a bit more complex than it looks at first. But shipping isn't that high usually, might be about 5-6€ additional tax in the end.
I think 50€ sounds about right for countries with similar VAT like Germany with 19% and Austria with 20%.

We'll see, I had a properly marked package with a value of around 230€ going through customs recently without paying anything.

They really work in mysterious ways sometime.

Reactions: JDK

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
$30 to Spain, BTW.

Sure, but I don't expect any suprises on the cost.
The cases costs $200 plus $35 shipping. The VAT should only be applied towards the price of the case itself and not on shipping. Then you get the usual 10€ “tax” the greedy Austrian post always wants when something sits in customs.

So 20% of $200 + 10€ should be around 46€, so I’m expecting to pay around 50€.
The wait time customs will be the interesting part, if you have ever imported something you know it can easily range from 1-3 weeks.

In Spain you get:

a) VAT on final price (product + shipping)
b) Fees for all the hard work involved in paying those fees on your behalf (that usually is like 30€).

So...If I get hit with customs I'm looking at 21% of $230 + around 30€ labout = ~70€.

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
I'm not 100% sure but I think last time I was ordering something, US to UK in that case, it was (((price + shipment) + import tax) + VAT) and it was all on top of each other. Worst case scenario price will match Ghost S1.

gteixeira

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2019
In Spain you get:

a) VAT on final price (product + shipping)
b) Fees for all the hard work involved in paying those fees on your behalf (that usually is like 30€).

So...If I get hit with customs I'm looking at 21% of $230 + around 30€ labout = ~70€.

I think in Portugal the VAT (23%) is applied over the shipping cost as well.

I ordered a keyboard + extra cable +shipping 235 dollars and ended up paying 70 euro in taxes.

This was 2 years ago, I don't know if anything changed

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
I think it's more the countries with atlantic ports like UK, NL and France get 30$ and the other ones who are bad at colonizing stuff are 35$ :p
(but I think post service are still by air, so my theory is flawed^^)

PS: also I remade the order since the first one was not fulfill properly, sorry again for that @Wahaha360 (the good news is you can test if the cancellation function work properly^^)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Metroversal

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
I love the case, and plan on picking one up when they become available.

I've been curious what the purpose of the split front is. I looked through the pictures of the design process and watched Optimum's build video. What does the split front allow that a solid front makes difficult? It does't look like it's integral to the change in spine location which is the big feature of this case. And from what I could see of the Optimum video it has screw holes that don't really have a function, or at least Optimum didn't explore their potential uses. I think Wahaha360 will probably be too busy to answer this, but maybe the community knows.

Reactions: Brude27

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
Since we're now talking shipping logistics, here's my customs receipt for receiving the DAN-A4 case in Switzerland 3 years ago.
Everything that costs more than CHF65.- will be hit by duties.
It's pretty accurate to what Swiss customers will have to pay since the price will be almost exactly the same: 16.68% of the declared value + shipping.

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Oh yeah, I think you're right. The actual calculation is a bit more complex than it looks at first. But shipping isn't that high usually, might be about 5-6€ additional tax in the end.
I think 50€ sounds about right for countries with similar VAT like Germany with 19% and Austria with 20%.

We'll see, I had a properly marked package with a value of around 230€ going through customs recently without paying anything.

They really work in mysterious ways sometime.
Thanks!

So no import duties (Zoll) beside the 20% tax (Einfuhrumsatzsteuer)?