Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
I assume you can't buy this case anymore? At least until another restock batch opens up?
The case is yet to be on sale. The original batch has not been sold and is stuck in China due to the virus outbreak.

I don't recall if we have seen any tests showing 2x slim fans vs 1x regular + 1x slim fan? I'm assuming any benefit is minimal, so we could just go for 2x 120mm slim fans.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
If the st30 fits maybe the xspc tx240 fits also. Its dimensions are 278 x 125 x 20. Iknow it has been said that the tx240 doesn´t fit becuse its too wide, but... just saying... or maybe de corsair xr5 which measures 280 x 120 x 30 can fit... I don´t want to talk too much about 240 rads because it´s too early and its all speculation. but if optimumtech could fit a 30 mm thick rad with two 15mm thick fans... theres going to be a lot (even more) of talking about this 240 mm rad thing.

I have a feeling the strict 120mm width might be if you sit the radiator right up against the panel, as opposed to the 120mm slim fans as exhaust as per the Optimum Tech video. It really will open up a few radiators for the enthusiasts. I personally will just go the LT240 to save all the hassle but it's interesting nonetheless

Reactions: Wahaha360

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I just wanted to remind people that this type of watercooling is pretty difficult to build, but mainly to maintain. Eisbaer LT pump is not really powerful making all draining/filling operation complicated/nightmare.

Personnally I'm interested in aircooling version..;)

Stupid question, is it possible to get taller feet? Provided feet are too short to get good cooling, intake or exhaust.
Sliger SM550/560 cases remain benchmark for GPU cooling with their tall feet and vents..;)

Jaff

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 17, 2020
Stupid question, is it possible to get taller feet? Provided feet are too short to get good cooling, intake or exhaust.

I remember in Optimum's video a couple weeks ago, he said flipping it upside down and using fans as top exhaust had the best thermals. Perhaps that's an alternative to a lack of feet options?

Reactions: Basriy

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
The case is yet to be on sale. The original batch has not been sold and is stuck in China due to the virus outbreak.

I don't recall if we have seen any tests showing 2x slim fans vs 1x regular + 1x slim fan? I'm assuming any benefit is minimal, so we could just go for 2x 120mm slim fans.
As far as I remember in the original post there was a graph of 2x25 vs 1x25+1x15 and the difference was 1*C with a difference in the clocks for some reason...

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
As far as I remember in the original post there was a graph of 2x25 vs 1x25+1x15 and the difference was 1*C with a difference in the clocks for some reason...

Assume you mean 2x15? I've ordered the LT240 and will likely go for 2x slim chromax fans.

Could you not also upgrade the Pump Block of the LT240 to something like the Swiftech Apogee Drive 2?

EDIT: Can see that the Apogee Drive 2 has already been mentioned here would be interested to see how this performs with a CPU & GPU loop vs the stock pump block...

Last edited:

bpark919

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2018
Hey guys, @optimumtech just dropped a new vid on water-cooling the t1! But as expected, his 30mm thick rad doesn't realllllly fit. Looks like the 240mm eisbaer rad is the only one (also the other super slim rad, the xspc lx I think?) That officially fjts without some bulging and mickey mousing.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I remember in Optimum's video a couple weeks ago, he said flipping it upside down and using fans as top exhaust had the best thermals. Perhaps that's an alternative to a lack of feet options?
Yes I know his trick already of flipping case..but I would prefer to keep it as original design..;)

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
If you go with LT240 Rad, CPU Block and GPU Waterblock, does it make it easier to install in 2-slot GPU or 3-slot GPU config?

Reactions: Van0

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hey! I am newly registered user in this resource. This case seems to be very interesting. I am from Uzbekistan. Is it possible to be added to Test Shipping list? At least as a candidate? The Google Form doesn't give me an access. It seems my country is not in your list. :/
PS. I have chosen Russia as my country, though. If this is a breach of the rules, you have the right to discard my application. ;)

This test ship is not for mass sale, that will come after this. If you don't qualify, you will have to wait, I'm sorry