Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
The example you've shown has the NH-L12/S in the non optimal position. Might wanna rotate it for renders if that image is going in the manual for the T1 or else people will freak.
Hmm, nothing to tweak, I'm pretty sure that in the T1 the motherboard itself is rotated.
For those that is asking about L12s orientation.. I don't have the case but per my usage, it really is about your components, specifically more on the motherboard that you use.
I don't think the orientation of the L12S matters as it's pulling air through the fins and is going to dissipate it in the same way regardless of orientation. It's not like the L9x65 or L9a where the fin orientation determines the way the air is dissipated.
The problem is not the fin orientation the problem is gravity for the fluid inside the heatpipes. This is why Noctua do not recommend some orientations.

L12S orientation fixed.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
For this I was suggesting an additional bracket that you can install HDDs in between MB and GPU.

On a 3 slot GPU config, you can have an additional space by installing the GPU on the no. 2 slot. Thereby freeing 1 slot in between MB and GPU.

Of course i'm refering to a 2 slot GPU.

I know what you meant ?

The constraint is time and extra cost, but it's a decent idea.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I am not waiting :) I already have an LT120/240 sitting here in my ncase waiting for the T1 to go live :)

@Wahaha360 will this case fit 2 120mm aios if you get a little creative? Obviously 1 with a 15mm fan.

You have 40mm under the Motherbard part, so that means 25mm thick 120mm radiator, the tubes also needs to be come out of radiator in such way that it doesn't hit the motherboard (not many radiators like that, certainly not 25mm).

Reactions: Merry Monkey

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-02-06 : Preorder on hold until virus situation settles in China.

I have decided to hold off on the preorder until the virus situation settles in China, where we are manufacturing and shipping.

Three reasons:
1. the virus has created a huge backlog and uncertainty for shipping, I don't want to take orders with this much uncertainty around shipping.
2. I have requested more T1s to be made, so delay preorders = the gap between availability will be days / weeks instead months.
3. more T1 availability = less anger and fighting on the forum, less disappointment.

Last edited:

Mahjund

Caliper Novice
Aug 4, 2019

I have decided to hold off on the preorder until the virus situation settles in China, where we are manufacturing and shipping.

Three reasons:
1. the virus has created a huge backlog and uncertainty for shipping, I don't want to take orders with this much uncertainty around shipping.
2. I have requested more T1s to be made, so delay preorders = the gap between availability will be days / weeks instead months.
3. more T1 availability = less anger and fighting on the forum, less disappointment.
nothing we can do about the Virus , the public health is a priority , but we hope that there is 400 or more units at the launch because of the horrific demand on this case .

race2c

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2019
While safety and public health is Paramount in this situation. I completely understand the decision to hold preorders.

After registering late last year, I have been following this case from that time and will continue to do so. Keeping my fingers crossed on future updates, while keeping everyone in my thoughts due to the virus.

Reactions: Intrepid_Cosmonaut

bpark919

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2018

Three reasons:

Quick question: If there are cases already in production/already produced, if we are lucky enough to get in on the first batch then would it be a pretty quick turnaround once preorders open? Basically all we'd be waiting for is the cases to ship/logistics and orders being filled?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Quick question: If there are cases already in production/already produced, if we are lucky enough to get in on the first batch then would it be a pretty quick turnaround once preorders open? Basically all we'd be waiting for is the cases to ship/logistics and orders being filled?

T1 Production should be able to catch up to T1 demand.

Shipping is the real problem. With all the backlog from Virus, trying to ship out of China in March is going to be both expensive and not likely due to Feb backlog for the entire country of China.

bpark919

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2018
T1 Production should be able to catch up to T1 demand.

Shipping is the real problem. With all the backlog from Virus, trying to ship out of China in March is going to be both expensive and not likely due to Feb backlog for the entire country of China.

Thanks for the quick reply, and your awesome work. Super stoked for this project!

tik147

What's an ITX?
Feb 6, 2020
Hello, may I ask whether a 'taller' GPU like the PowerColor 5700XT RedDragon (240mm*132mm*41mm) will fit in this case?
With power cable it would probably be at least 150mm tall.

Xaeons

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
Postal Service

Won't there be an option for FEDEX/DHL shipping? Our local postal service is known for getting packages "lost".

I've bought my Steck and my SF600 custom cables from China, shipped via FEDEX and DHL respectively. Additional shipping cost won't be an issue as long as I get the package safely.

nulio

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2020
- the mesh panels are symmetric now, what do you mean?
- 70mm CPU Cooler + 3 Slot GPU means 153mm wide, M1 is more space efficient and cooling efficient at that size.

Thanks for the reply.
Looking from the side, in the front you see the front panels, but in the back you see mesh.

Reactions: Kundahli

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Won't there be an option for FEDEX/DHL shipping? Our local postal service is known for getting packages "lost".

I've bought my Steck and my SF600 custom cables from China, shipped via FEDEX and DHL respectively. Additional shipping cost won't be an issue as long as I get the package safely.

I can't answer that question until the virus situation settles down.

elflames

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 23, 2019
Looking forward to try and snag one in the first batch.. I brought a DAN A4 case but my Asus Strix Vega 64 card is 5mm to big :( when I saw the review on this I am very keen to get in on the action.
Thank you for designing such a awesome little case for the SFF community.
Just blows my mind how designers like yourself can think in 4 dimensions.
?

Reactions: ZivZulander

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Thanks for the reply.
Looking from the side, in the front you see the front panels, but in the back you see mesh.

we would have to make the case deeper than 330mm, which increases volume and foot print, and I don't want to do that.

Reactions: mfgillia

nulio

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2020
Thank you for the reply.
There's probably lots of things to consider. The mesh hides some screws in the back right? So the back panel would need to have different connectors like the front one?
Plus then it'd be needed to make the mesh slide from the top?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@Wahaha360 Would you consider 3rd alternative between GPU size and CPU cooler?

Right now you are proposing :
  • 2 slots GPU and 70mm cpu cooler height
  • 3 slots GPU and 50mm cpu cooler height
Why not considering this case :
  • 2.7 slot GPU and 56mm cpu cooler height?
Why am I proposing that?
Because with cpu cooler of 60mm you are gaining access to really good cpu cooler, like id cooling IS-60...and keeping 2.7 slots gpu compatibility opend access to pretty nice balanced GPU.