Concept FormD T1 V2.0

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020
I will say that “transformation” to me means a case that is adaptable for many years and builds to come. Isn’t that the downside of going small - that you case no longer fits the current generation of hardware? EVO to me seems like a way to bring flexibility to make my case only as large as it needs to be - every time.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply

Ray2r

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
When the T1 EVO (v2.0) is released is this an outright replacement to the T1 1.2? Meaning something like if you use the T1 EVO in it's <10L form it will basically be a T1 1.2 (or any future revisions to the v1.2) or will both the T1 1.2 and T1 EVO (v2.0) be separate products that will be for sale alongside each other?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
When the T1 EVO (v2.0) is released is this an outright replacement to the T1 1.2? Meaning something like if you use the T1 EVO in it's <10L form it will basically be a T1 1.2 (or any future revisions to the v1.2) or will both the T1 1.2 and T1 EVO (v2.0) be separate products that will be for sale alongside each other?
T1 EVO is vaporware at this point and should be of 0 concern to anybody thinking about T1 Classic - be it v1.1 or 1.2 or 1.5.

BUT if the T1 EVO were to ever come to market, Wahaha has mentioned it will be standalone product along side T1 Classic, not a replacement. Subject to changes in this thinking of course.

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
So, T1 EVO will be vertical, while T1 Classic v1.1 and v1.2 will still be horizontal?
Vertical T1 would be the only think that will steer me away of my Sliger SM550, due to having the same width (136mm) + WC capability.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
So, T1 EVO will be vertical, while T1 Classic v1.1 and v1.2 will still be horizontal?
Vertical T1 would be the only think that will steer me away of my Sliger SM550, due to having the same width (136mm) + WC capability.
The T1 v1.2/1.5 should have some kind of a vertical add-on, but yes, the case will default be horizontal. I can't remember if the EVO was planned to be a purely vertical case or not though

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
IIRC P1 was potentially able to do both. With all the focus on Evo transforming, I would be surprised if it didn't support it.

kkl888

Chassis Packer
Dec 8, 2019
Would it be like a vertical version of Ncase? I have a V6.1 and planning to upgrade cpu cooler soon (potentially Noctua U9S), but at the same time I wanna reuse this new cpu cooler on the upcoming T1 EVO. Wanted to make sure that the cpu cooler is also compatible to T1 EVO (itx form).

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Would it be like a vertical version of Ncase? I have a V6.1 and planning to upgrade cpu cooler soon (potentially Noctua U9S), but at the same time I wanna reuse this new cpu cooler on the upcoming T1 EVO. Wanted to make sure that the cpu cooler is also compatible to T1 EVO (itx form).

I don't want to get too deep into the design because I almost certain have to change it. What is true atm doesn't mean it's going to stay, so I 'm going to avoid answering questions about design b/c it's going to change more.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Need to be worried? Not yet received my T1 EVO! 😂

You will be among the first testers.

Maybe I'll bring prototypes and we can go over some change, later this year.

Meet Italy, Denmark, or Oktoberfest, nothing like beer and brainstorming cession. Maybe I convince dondan to join us. Drinking and talking about small metal boxes, don't do that every day.

I been stuck home for a long time, an excuse to travel will be good.

Last edited:

Caspid

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 18, 2020
Perhaps too early to tell, but are there any design decisions that target improved thermals, or is it mostly a compatibility update?

Caspid

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 18, 2020
Perhaps too early to tell, but are there any design decisions that target improved thermals, or is it mostly a compatibility update?