Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-03-22: T1 EVO (aka V2.0) launch pushed to 2022Q1​

Both the Mobo and GPU collaboration planned alongside for T1 EVO (aka V2.0) are pushed back due to global shortages atm. So we are pushing back T1 EVO to 2022Q1 😞.

2021-03-22: T1V1.1 orders will open 2021-03-24 8AM PST!​

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019

Both the Mobo and GPU collaboration planned alongside for T1 EVO (aka V2.0) are pushed back due to global shortages atm. So we are pushing back T1 EVO to 2022Q1 😞.

2021-03-22: T1V1.1 orders will open 2021-03-24 8AM PST!​

Are these orders open to everyone? Or priority status? About how many cases are gonna be available?

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019

Nooooooooo, well that's unfortunate but we will be patient. Stay Strong !!!
Wait a minute......Mobo and GPU Collabarotion ??? I think I missed something here 😅

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Are these orders open to everyone? Or priority status? About how many cases are gonna be available?

Pushed back, too early to discuss opening any orders to priority or public.

I need Mobo and GPU finalized before I finalize the case. I don't want to prototype to find out Mobo and GPU are not optimized or don't fit 😬

Basically all capacity will be utilized for *current Mobos and GPUs, which means my collaborations are SOL for 2021.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019

I need Mobo and GPU finalized before I finalize the case. I don't want to prototype to find out Mobo and GPU are not optimized or don't fit 😬

Basically all capacity will be utilized for *current Mobos and GPUs, which means my collaborations are SOL for 2021.
I meant the T1 v1.1 orders opening on the 24th :p

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015

Wait a minute......Mobo and GPU Collabarotion ??? I think I missed something here 😅

So you gonna drop news of custom mobo/GPU for T1 EVO, but we gotta wait a year for info...?!?

Dude... ;^p

• Haha
Reactions: SpaceCowboy

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020
Between custom motherboards, GPUs, shape-shifting, and exotic materials, this seems like the most vaporware of all cases. BUT... I'm all in. I'm stoked to see where this goes.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Between custom motherboards, GPUs, shape-shifting, and exotic materials, this seems like the most vaporware of all cases. BUT... I'm all in. I'm stoked to see where this goes.

It's all vaporware until it ships to the public 😝

By the same definition, what can I say, I'm quite experience with vaporware 🤣.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So you gonna drop news of custom mobo/GPU for T1 EVO, but we gotta wait a year for info...?!?

Dude... ;^p
my guess is those things are lock and key under stupid amount of NDAs
I'm picturing a case you just socket a cpu and some ram in and GO!

It's all in the air now, who know what happens in one year, indistinguishable from vaporware at this point.

I can't guarantee the payment for MOQ, so my collaboration projects are first ones to be delayed or cancelled when there is industry problem.

So my initial plans are SOL...f*&king mondays, and you think Fridays when they drop the bad news.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020

I just imagined a high-end Flex-ITX ATX12VO mobo, that would be kinda revolutionary for SFF PCs. Not sure if the form-factor would allow fitting DC-DC converters on the PCB or a daughterboard would be required. I hope we'll see more movement on ATX12VO front around Zen 4/Raptor Lake timeframe.

Last edited:

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
A mobo with a built in PSU to be used for the board and CPU? That way you get a smaller PSU for the GPU too? Sounds like genius.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-04-25: T1 EVO Update:​

I commented on the T1 Classic post, so sharing the information here:
  • In a world where Mobo can change size from Mini-ITX to ATX, and GPU can change slots and length, enclosures that can change size makes sense.
  • If such mobo and GPU don't exist, why even bother introducing the complexity of transformation into the enclosure.
  • It's named T1 EVO because I want to start with the T1 look & layout and transform from that point.
  • At the moment, I can't proceed with original purpose of making the EVO.
I think sometimes showing people how the sausage is made creates more anxiety, the lack of parts in the current climate just makes it worse.

Development is messy, the end product is the transformation from a set of messy ideas into a finalized product.

Transparency can be TMI (too much information), if following this thread is TMI, just come back to the project later when things are more nailed down.

If you like process, then enjoy the ride, it's an adventure for me too.

Last edited: