Concept FormD T1 V2.0

ggldn

Efficiency Noob
Feb 4, 2021
If I hadn’t been without a case for the past two months, (thanks H1 fire hazard) I wouldn’t have used my priority on the 1.1 classic but very excited to see the EVO is this close. Hopefully we see some updated pictures or videos 👀

I feel like the meshlicious has caused the EVO to just go under the radar

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-03-16: T1 EVO Dev Timeline Update:​

Customer service is getting too many emails asking about T1 EVO because people are indecisive. So here is the latest update:
  • Factories don't want to deal with T1 EVO complexity, so they quit... 🤣 . Which means no volume production in the near future.
  • Material limitation is another big problem. I have been exploring a material best described as an attempt at Transparent Aluminum. NDA prevents me from sharing, but this material is difficult to manufacturer and insanely expensive.
  • 1st batch will be invite only, limited to people I already know for testing and refining, and the current ETA is April.
  • 2nd batch will open to Priority or VIPs after improving from the feedback from the first batch.
  • 3rd batch will open to the public, after improving from the feedback from the second batch.
T1 V1.1 and V1.2 doesn't have nearly as much complexity. So V1.1 and V1.2 can be made more available and sooner, at least relative to EVO. Hopefully this will help people decide.

Last edited:

tsotop

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 16, 2021

2020-03-16: T1 EVO Dev Timeline Update:​

Customer service is getting too many emails asking about T1 EVO because people are indecisive. So here is the latest update:

1. The current T1 EVO design can change in both size, foot print and and orientation, making it unique and interesting for me. However, the factory doesn't want to deal with the complexity, so they quit 🤣. Which means no volume production in the near future.

Another problem is material limitation. I have been exploring a material best described as an attempt at Transparent Aluminum. This is one of the reasons for lack of details on the development. I been loaned some material that I can't share publicly or photograph.

2. The first batch will be invite only, to people I know to test and refine, the current ETA is April.

3. Those who received *one time Priority and some VIPs will have an opportunity after I get feedback in April.

4. After getting feedback from Priority and VIPs, the case will be made available to the general public.

T1 V1.1 and V1.2 will not have these complexities, so those can be made more available and sooner, at least relative to EVO. Hopefully this will help people decide.
I personally love the V1.1/1.2 design. However, I'm very curious about the EVO, I just personally don't want anything bigger than the V1.1/2 in terms of volume. Now, is it possible to have some 'final' dimensions and features of the EVO before the release of the V1.2? Thanks and keep it up!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I personally love the V1.1/1.2 design. However, I'm very curious about the EVO, I just personally don't want anything bigger than the V1.1/2 in terms of volume. Now, is it possible to have some 'final' dimensions and features of the EVO before the release of the V1.2? Thanks and keep it up!

T1 EVO is design to transform into 3 different sizes, <10L, <15L, <20L, and the panels will transform accordingly, and will fit Mini-ITX, Mini-DTX, Micro-ATX depending on the transformation.

T1 EVO can be horizontal or vertical at all 3 sizes listed above.

So it's *not one size, *not one footprint, and *not one orientation, it's variable by design, to be as space efficient as possible with different hardware and layouts.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
T1 EVO inner frame is design to transform into 3 different sizes, <10L, <15L, <20L, the panels will transform and hug the chassis accordingly.
oh DAYUMNNNNNNNN! don't you just drop bombs like that 😂 you probably have enough watercooling-tester so I'll hold my butts on the official launch

EDIT: now this is a feature befitting the EVO moniker! EVOLVED!

Last edited:

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
T1 EVO is design to transform into 3 different sizes, <10L, <15L, <20L, and the panels will transform accordingly, and will fit Mini-ITX, Mini-DTX, Micro-ATX depending on the transformation.

T1 EVO can be horizontal or vertical at all 3 sizes listed above.

So it's *not one size, *not one footprint, and *not one orientation, it's variable by design, to be as space efficient as possible with different hardware and layouts.

Too bad the branding 'Decepticon' or 'Transformer' is probably already trademarked. 😎

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
It's a shame there won't be volume production any time soon, I was hoping that the success of these cases could someday make them more affordable and available to the general public. Nonetheless, I can't wait to see what Wahaha360 has envisioned for his EVO and T1 V1.2 designs, the T1 is so beautiful it makes me want to cry.

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020
I did some googling for transparent aluminum and I’m curious what the application in a PC case would be that couldn’t be accomplished using tempered glass. Maybe we’re thinking transparent mesh panels?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-03-16: T1 V1.1 vs. v1.2 vs. EVO (aka V2.0) Update:​

Support is flooded with emails asking about the difference, so here is the latest:
T1 V1.1 - The best backpack-able Small Form Factor enclosure we can make.
T1 V1.2 - Making V1.1 even better.
T1 EVO (aka V2.0)
WHY - to make Small Form Factor builds more compatible, versatile, tidy and friendly to more people.
HOW - a size, orientation and layout shifting Small Form Factor enclosure that can adapt and change as needed.
WHAT - T1 EVO (aka V2.0) is design to transform into 3 different sizes, <10L, <15L, <20L, and will fit Mini-ITX, Mini-DTX, Micro-ATX depending on the transformation. T1 EVO can be either horizontal or vertical at all sizes, while supporting different layout at each size.
So the design is *not one size, *not one footprint, and *not one orientation. It is variable by design, to be as space efficient as possible based on the components of chose by the builder.
Latest T1 EVO (aka V2.0) Dev Timeline:
  • Factories don't want to deal with T1 EVO complexity, so they quit...haha. Which means no volume production in the near future.
  • Material limitation is another big problem. I have been exploring a material best described as an attempt at Transparent Aluminum. NDA prevents me from sharing, but this material is difficult to manufacturer and insanely expensive.
  • 1st batch will be invite only, limited to people I already know for testing and refining, and the current ETA is April.
  • 2nd batch will open to Priority or VIPs after improving from the feedback from the first batch.
  • 3rd batch will open to the public, after improving from the feedback from the second batch.
T1 V1.1 and V1.2 doesn't have nearly as much complexity. So V1.1 and V1.2 can be made more available and sooner, at least relative to EVO. Hopefully this will help people decide.

Last edited:

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Wahaha360 w/ that update:

(But really though, you can't just drop the facts that it's 10, 15, and 20L, and made with transparent aluminum, and leave us with that. 😆)

Last edited:

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018

2021-03-16: T1 EVO Dev Timeline Update:​

I might know the material you have in mind; sign me up. I'll respect the NDA for now :p.