Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
First week of March, I need to finalize T1 Classic V1.2 first (very close)

Any super secret rumors on if say PSlate or similar custom cables would still work?

Just planning ahead...and wonder if I miss out on the RMA stock drop, if such aftermarket length custom cables would work with the new revision

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
I am confused, I thought there won't be any new revisions of the T1 Classic thus making the T1 Evo (aka P1) the successor

Reactions: ellroy80

iloveparmezan

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 7, 2021
I am confused, I thought there won't be any new revisions of the T1 Classic thus making the T1 Evo (aka P1) the successor
Agree with this confusion. Is there any great differences between v1.2 and 2.0 (aka EVO) like form factor? If not so which one should I wait? I am not rich enough for both. What can help me to mace this decision? I noted that the only significant feature is 240 AIO support

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Agree with this confusion. Is there any great differences between v1.2 and 2.0 like form factor? If not so which one should I wait? I am not rich enough for both. What can help me to mace this decision?
My impression from reading W360's comments is that T1 v1.2 is the same size as v1.1 with only minor changes while T1 EVO is like anything is possible 😅 Take a chill pill and wait for a prototype to see what he comes up with.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Any super secret rumors on if say PSlate or similar custom cables would still work?

Just planning ahead...and wonder if I miss out on the RMA stock drop, if such aftermarket length custom cables would work with the new revision

I think you are referring to T1V1.1 reserve we held, those are the same as T1V1.1, so the cables should work.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Agree with this confusion. Is there any great differences between v1.2 and 2.0 (aka EVO) like form factor? If not so which one should I wait? I am not rich enough for both. What can help me to mace this decision? I noted that the only significant feature is 240 AIO support
My impression from reading W360's comments is that T1 v1.2 is the same size as v1.1 with only minor changes while T1 EVO is like anything is possible 😅 Take a chill pill and wait for a prototype to see what he comes up with.

Pretty much biopunk said.

I made the T1 V1.2 because enough people reached out to me asking a continuation of T1 V1.1. So I greenlighted V1.2 as an update to V1.1.

This also give us more room and reason to break away from T1 for V2.0 EVO. Just more creative freedom.

Last edited:

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
I think you are referring to T1V1.1 reserve we held, those are the same as T1V1.1, so the cables should work.
I was more wondering if the T1v1.2 would end up with different cable lengths versus T1v1.1; in case the RMA stock release sells through before I can snag a Ti one.

Planning ahead, as I've noticed this trend with PSlate that whenever there's a Formd stock drop he goes out of stock really fast. 🤣

Last edited:

iloveparmezan

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 7, 2021
Pretty much biopunk said.

I made the T1 V1.2 because enough people reached out to me asking a continuation of T1 V1.1. So I greenlighted V1.2 as an update to V1.1.

This also give us more room and reason to break away from T1 for V2.0 EVO. Just more creative freedom.
Ok, Whatever it will be, v1.2 or v2.0, I just can't wait the moment when orders or preorders will be opened again and I can make a purchase and start to build my new PC! Just because you are the best on the market and I don't want to accept any alternatives.

Reactions: Ranzelmo and SFFPJ

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
probably early to tell but will it be priced cheaper than the T1? The original P1 I believe targetted a lower price range.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
probably early to tell but will it be priced cheaper than the T1? The original P1 I believe targetted a lower price range.
T1 EVO should no longer be in the original P1 price bracket, instead IMO it will be in the 200-250USD bracket just like the T1 Classic. Whether price goes up or down and how much depends on a couple of factors - raw material price increases vs. cheaper cost to manufacture due to lower rejects as Wahaha is going to optimised the manufacturability aspect of the design.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Too early, have not finalized dimensions yet.

• Wow
Reactions: thelaughingman

JacksonHuang

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 18, 2021
@Wahaha360 WoW! I am so excited for this EVO project, the case looks very nice!

I am one of the lucky guys who got a Gunmetal T1 from maybe its final batch. After I finished the build, I do have a suggestion for the new project if it resembles the T1 V1.1 in its inner design.

Specifically, before I got the case the only CPU I bought is 5950x which turns out to be a heat generating monster. Because I am a lazy guy, AIO is always my first choice, and I eventually went for EK AIO 240 Basic for better cable management. If I configure the cooling system as top exhaust and put two fans (one 120mm x 15mm and one 120mm x 25mm Noctua Chromax) below the radiator, at stock, the idle temp for CPU is about 50-60 C and the load temp could go as high as 95 C, which is obviously too high.

Therefore, I decide to go for the three-fan push and pull top exhaust config by putting two 120mm x 15mm fan on the top of the rad and one 120mm x 25mm below it on the PSU side (shown in the 1st fig).

Now, the main problem is that, if your rad has straight corners as my rad has, you cannot stick the rad to touch the front panel (I circle the part with red stroke) to make enough room for the 120mm fan below the rad. I did it by polish the bottom fan so that it has several dents on the front panel side to fit those tubes. However, that is painful...

The main reason you cannot stick a straight corner rad to the front panel is because the front panel has those rounded notch as highlighted in the 2nd picture. If you force to put the rad in those notches, the rad will be bumped up a little bit and you cant close the top panel.

Idk if it is an easy fix, I just want to share my experience and hope this can help you in the new project. Overall, I still think T1 is the best SFF case currently in the market, and I really love it!