Concept FormD T1 V2.0

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
C4 looks like it won't support a good chunk of modern RTX 3000 series cards in classic layout. Dan has already confirmed in thread that he won't increase size to increase compatibility. I can't say for sure since there are no third party reviews yet, but it looks like it uses similar build quality from Lian Li with the thin panels. I trust Form D's panels / build quality much more based on what I saw with T1.

I thought we were trying to create a bigger case than T1 here? Or are we trying to get the same size again? Because T1 is a sandwich, AIO-friendly case 9.5L case, why would you want to do a second model of a new case that is also going to be exact same sandwich / AIO-emphasis 9.5 L case then?

last known dimensions - basically still sub-10L
same

same dimensions.

I will make the case slightly bigger (135x220x330mm) for 25mm thick fan on the Top/Bottom TX240.

I did some testing, need 25mm thick fan on 20mm thick radiator at least for AIO to optimize noise vs performance

RobnDub

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2021
Sorry, it was probably already written somewhere in the thread by I could not find a clear answer to my question.
You are saying that there are problems with the tooling so you are moving to the next iteration of the Formd T1. Does this means that there will be no V1.1 of the T1 ever produced?
From what I see of the new design I think I will prefer the old more one with angular corners.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Sorry, it was probably already written somewhere in the thread by I could not find a clear answer to my question.
You are saying that there are problems with the tooling so you are moving to the next iteration of the Formd T1. Does this means that there will be no V1.1 of the T1 ever produced?
From what I see of the new design I think I will prefer the old more one with angular corners.
v1.1 is the one that has ben produced the most. V1.0 "test shipping" batch is very limited.

EndingCredits

Caliper Novice
Dec 17, 2020
Maybe there isn't much demand for this, but given that a full 3.5" drive fits behind the PSU in 2-slot mode, with the PSU offset, maybe this can become a proper option for the new revision?

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Sorry, one word was missing in my post ("ever...again"). My question is whether the old design (v1.1) will still be available.
According to information in the T1 classic thread, it will continue as the v1.2 (as I understand, very minor changes in v1.2).

Reactions: RobnDub

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
It's my first time, be gentle.

Does this count as an unstable undervolt?

From everything I've read, an unstable undervolt results in either failure to boot or a computer crash but my computer is still perfectly usable and all 6 cores are still functional in task manager. is this truly just an application error that I don't need to worry about?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
It's my first time, be gentle.

Does this count as an unstable undervolt?

From everything I've read, an unstable undervolt results in either failure to boot or a computer crash but my computer is still perfectly usable and all 6 cores are still functional in task manager. is this truly just an application error that I don't need to worry about?
This is a little off topic, but I'll help anyways because it's the right thing to do.
Is this cinebench? If the CPU crashed during a cinebench run, and continues to do so, then your undervolt is not stable.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
This is a little off topic, but I'll help anyways because it's the right thing to do.
Is this cinebench? If the CPU crashed during a cinebench run, and continues to do so, then your undervolt is not stable.
It is off topic, i agree. sorry for posting it here i just know you all do this regularly. I'll run some more tests and see if it persists. thanks!

just wasnt quite the outcome i was led to expect from an unstable undervolt so I wasn't sure.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
It is off topic, i agree. sorry for posting it here i just know you all do this regularly. I'll run some more tests and see if it persists. thanks!

just wasnt quite the outcome i was led to expect from an unstable undervolt so I wasn't sure.
Sometimes when an undervolt is really unstable it can cause a shutdown or bluescreen, but most of the time (at least in my experience) it'll just crash the program when the program hits the CPU with an intensive load like cinebench.
But most of the time for me, it'll just soft lock my system, causing all the animations to stop working and the visuals to stop updating, or sound will continue to repeat, that kind of thing. At least for my CPU undervolts. My GPU undervolts usually cause program instability, like games crashing or work units in folding at home not working

Ray2r

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
Can someone tell me what this case really is?

Is it a transforming case like the Ghost S1?
Does this case start with the "Horizontal: 136x192x326mm, 8.5L" and if you want more space you can buy a kit to make it into one of the other 2 sizes? "Horizontal with 240AIO: 136x232x326mm, 10.3L" and "Vertical: 136x232x370mm, 11.7L." Considering it says the P1 vertical will come as a kit incorporation.

With Thunderbolt being the future now and ITX MB such as the Z590 Gigabyte ITX having 2 TB4 ports, I could attach 2 more eGPUs so I don't need an ATX case to house 3 GPUs as well as the airflow restrictions and heat coming from them even when idle. Since all I need to do is unplug the TB cable to stop the eGPUs.
So I'm leaning towards a case as small as possible now with the ability to house standard GPU lengths.

Reactions: Bonusround