Concept FormD T1 V2.0

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I will prob optimize for the upcoming Mini-DTX, hopefully you will want to switch from the current C8I.
only if upcoming m-DTX is also AM4. already locked and keyed that I'll be staying on AM4 for the next 5 years 😁

Now where there's a will, there's a way! with classic layout, the issue with C8I daughterboard is that it may interfere with standard fan-rad combo (55mm total thickness) on side mount. so I'm thinking of either of these things:
  • Super slim fan + rad combo: this is where your custom 17mm thick radiator comes in since I already have a couple of A12x13
  • Higher rad mounting position for the side bracket: maybe up by 10mm and it will clear? -> this is dependent on the upper-half of the case I guess?
don't want to hard mod on the case but if it can't be helped, it can't be helped 😉

EDIT: I'm just thinking out loud for 240 radiator, 280 radiator is physically not possible I'd say. but regardless hope you can blow my mind

Last edited:

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Ha, you guessed it.

V2.0 will support 1) sandwich A4 layout, 2) traditional M1 layout, and 3) a hybrid layout between the two.

I think the PCIe 4.0 situation makes it necessary to have the M1 layout as an option, even just for debugging the PCIe Riser connection.

A <10L M1 layout case is kind of interesting. I might as well just add Mini-DTX while I'm at it.

Movable Spine stays of course for all 3 layouts.

Trad / M1 Layout is what interests me, might that also have an inverted mode...?

Curious as to what #3 - Hybrid Layout is all about...?

T1 EVO is highly likely to support Mini-DTX because the first rule about fight club is you don't talk about fight club.

So let’s see.

You have said in the past that you want "64 or 80 cores in a backpack" before, so maybe ASUS / ROG is gonna go nuts & give us their miniDTX / Threadripper version of the ASRock Rack DeepITX Epyc mobo...?

I mean, I would have no problems selling off my C8I (w/ 3900X CPU, 32GB TridentZ Neo RAM <3600/16 B-die>, & two 1TB Rocket 4.0 M.2 SSDs) to move to such a beast...!

( ...but I also could see a mDTX mobo with a Threadripper-sized socket for a Mega APU, single component to cool...! )

I will prob optimize for the upcoming Mini-DTX, hopefully you will want to switch from the current C8I.

See above...! ;^p

only if upcoming m-DTX is also AM4. already locked and keyed that I'll be staying on AM4 for the next 5 years 😁

Now where there's a will, there's a way! with classic layout, the issue with C8I daughterboard is that it may interfere with standard fan-rad combo (55mm total thickness) on side mount. so I'm thinking of either of these things:
  • Super slim fan + rad combo: this is where your custom 17mm thick radiator comes in since I already have a couple of A12x13
  • Higher rad mounting position for the side bracket: maybe up by 10mm and it will clear? -> this is dependent on the upper-half of the case I guess?
don't want to hard mod on the case but if it can't be helped, it can't be helped 😉

EDIT: I'm just thinking out loud for 240 radiator, 280 radiator is physically not possible I'd say. but regardless hope you can blow my mind

Normal thickness radiators & 25mm thick fans please...! More choices whether custom or AIO, no waiting for low inventory semi-custom items...?

But I don't know if they would do another Enthusiast SFF (which means expensive) mobo with AM4, when AM5 & DDR5 might be "just around the corner"...? Same for Threadripper, maybe they also want to wait for DDR5...?

I would think if AMD ever decides to "go for it" and produce a Mega APU for the consumer market, that would definitely benefit from DDR5...?

( ...and then there is the new kid on the block with a vertically integrated APU solution, the forthcoming smaller Apple Silicon-powered Mac Pro... )

;^p

Last edited:
Reactions: PBJ

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
LOL, yeah, I guess it could be that simple...

And the first layout was specified as an A4 sandwich style, which I guess means back-to-back fans out layout...?
A4 sandwich layout has to be Ghost S1 layout (ie T1 v1.0/1.1) with a central spine.

Reactions: DrHudacris

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
Newbie mistake probably, but I can’t figure out how to close the top panel with the connectors of my two slim Noctua fans in the way. Any suggestions?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
From what I can see C14S should fit, now tell me there's ~50mm/2.5 slots for GPU in classical (so you can take 2 slot card, deshroud and put NF-A12x25) and I'm sold.

Yes, one of the reasons to change is to support C14S

• Love
Reactions: jaeparku

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
just realised at 135mm width, classic layout with watercooled graphics card is probably a no go. for example my 2080ti with Corsair block measures 150mm from the PCIE bracket to the top of the terminal 🤣

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
just realised at 135mm width, classic layout with watercooled graphics card is probably a no go. for example my 2080ti with Corsair block measures 150mm from the PCIE bracket to the top of the terminal 🤣
That's why I'm not enthusiastic about classic layout, you end up with either a bigger, not as space-efficient case or frustrating GPU size limits.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
That's why I'm not enthusiastic about classic layout, you end up with either a bigger, not as space-efficient case or frustrating GPU size limits.
yeah, at the end of the day this is an optimized version of the original case which is sandwich-focused to begin with. sub-10L is just not that great for classic layout

fish.ch

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2020
Reference cards (both amd/nvidia, except 3090 FE) should fit fine, given there's space for more than two solts (for nvidia 2 slots is fine).

just realised at 135mm width, classic layout with watercooled graphics card is probably a no go
In general yes, but there's this gem for 3080FE as well: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-vector-fe-rtx-3080-d-rgb-black-special-edition
But as I understand/imagine you could install only one rad (but 280mm with 25mm fans) in classical, so yea, it's definitely not the best choice for watercooling.