Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Wouldn't it be tricky to route the tubing with the side rad on the mobo side? I imagine that the ports would face the PSU, and two rotary 90-degree fittings would require ~28mm of clearance.

I really like v1.1 layout with the side rad on the GPU side. Routing the tubing is pretty straightforward, just need a proper mounting bracket and a few extra mm of clearance.

One key issue, performance.

A 280 or 280 against the GPU water block will restrict airflow more than the Mobo side. For the same dual radiator setup, you will loose some performance.

This is why it has to be on the Mobo side to get the most out of it.

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020

A 280 or 280 against the GPU water block will restrict airflow more than the Mobo side. For the same dual radiator setup, you will loose some performance.

That is challenging considering how tightly packed the mobo side is, due to ram height, CPU block height, mobo I/O shroud etc. I can think of two things that will help.

1. Gpu in 1-slot, 1.25-slot or 1.5-slot config. Any compatible Waterblock will probably need to go with a 90 degree rotary terminal. Giving lots of room to the mobo side.

2. Some sort of AIO (or maybe custom loop) that has a block and rad "sandwiched" together like the corsair H5, except using slim 120mm fans instead of blower design. The pump can go elsewhere if necessary. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Hydro-Series™-H5-SF-Low-Profile-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060023-WW

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
That is challenging considering how tightly packed the mobo side is, due to ram height, CPU block height, mobo I/O shroud etc. I can think of two things that will help.

1. Gpu in 1-slot, 1.25-slot or 1.5-slot config. Any compatible Waterblock will probably need to go with a 90 degree rotary terminal. Giving lots of room to the mobo side.

2. Some sort of AIO (or maybe custom loop) that has a block and rad "sandwiched" together like the corsair H5, except using slim 120mm fans instead of blower design. The pump can go elsewhere if necessary. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Hydro-Series™-H5-SF-Low-Profile-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060023-WW
Wahaha is very right about what he is saying. While doing my dual rad setup on the ncase M1 I tried two radiators on the bottom of the case. The alphacool LT25 240mm and the xspc xt240 being this one 20mm thick. The rads outside the case fared more or less the same with a small advantage to the xspc, but inside the case, those 5 mm extra of breathing room against the GPU block made a lot of difference.

Right now I´m doing another experiment with a 60 mm rad on the side of the Ncase, and the extra width of the rad lets very little room to breathe and negates the advantage such a big radiator gives..... so there is a very fine line to walk here, it´s not as important to put as many radiators as possible, but they have to actually do something.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

If you want to run dual radiator set up in a <10L case, then you will need to accept low profile ram as the reality.

For 99% of people that really don't need dual radiators (b/c 5950X on 240 AIO and air cooled 3090 is just fine in the current T1), they can keep their taller ram.

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020

Curious how the PSU would be positioned when radiator is on the mobo side. Would the PSU fan face the radiator or the GPU?

Reactions: JDuval

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Curious how the PSU would be positioned when radiator is on the mobo side. Would the PSU fan face the radiator or the GPU?
If it gives the possibility to have a side mounted radiator, I think there will be an option to have something like the Ncase M1! Otherwise I don't know how it is gonna be possible!

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
AHAHAHAH, IT IS AN HONOR FOR ME!! 😍
It’s safe to say you’ve more than earned the honor, my dude! You’ve been a huge ambassador for the T1, and I know if I ever take the leap to custom water cool... you’ll be the guy who’s self paved road I follow. :)

Reactions: DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
If it gives the possibility to have a side mounted radiator, I think there will be an option to have something like the Ncase M1! Otherwise I don't know how it is gonna be possible!

Ha, you guessed it.

V2.0 will support 1) sandwich A4 layout, 2) traditional M1 layout, and 3) a hybrid layout between the two.

I think the PCIe 4.0 situation makes it necessary to have the M1 layout as an option, even just for debugging the PCIe Riser connection.

A <10L M1 layout case is kind of interesting. I might as well just add Mini-DTX while I'm at it.

Movable Spine stays of course for all 3 layouts.

Last edited:

Kirbycatcher

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 12, 2021
Ha, you guessed it.

V2.0 will support 1) sandwich A4 layout, 2) traditional M1 layout, and 3) a hybrid layout between the two.

I think the PCIe 4.0 situation makes it necessary to have the M1 layout as an option, even just for debugging the PCIe Riser connection.

A <10L M1 layout case is kind of interesting. I might as well just add Mini-DTX while I'm at it.

Hey there! New to the forums but have been lurking for a while.

I'm not sure if you've mentioned this anywhere else, but I was wondering in general for these new cases (1.2, 2.0), are there any plans to ship them with a PCI-E 4.0 riser cable?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
this
same

same dimensions.

I will make the case slightly bigger (135x220x330mm) for 25mm thick fan on the Top/Bottom TX240.

I did some testing, need 25mm thick fan on 20mm thick radiator at least for AIO to optimize noise vs performance

and now this
Ha, you guessed it.

m-DTX support incoming? @Boil a man can dream right? 🤣

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Ha, you guessed it.

I am very interested to see how you pull this off. I thought I was going to keep my test shipper T1 forever, but maybe I'll upgrade to EVO, we'll see how the design works out.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

I am very interested to see how you pull this off. I thought I was going to keep my test shipper T1 forever, but maybe I'll upgrade to EVO, we'll see how the design works out.

T1 EVO is highly likely to support Mini-DTX because the first rule about fight club is you don't talk about fight club.

So let’s see.

Last edited:

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015

T1 EVO is highly likely to support Mini-DTX because the first rule about fight club is you don't talk about fight club.

So let’s see.
I am hoping to see this chassis work with the Impact mDTX mobo, and its too tall daughtercard (but without any concessions such as mismatched fans or 240 AIO only)...!?!

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I am hoping to see this chassis work with the Impact mDTX mobo, and its too tall daughtercard (but without any concessions such as mismatched fans or 240 AIO only)...!?!

I will prob optimize for the upcoming Mini-DTX, hopefully you will want to switch from the current C8I.

Reactions: DrHudacris