Concept FormD T1 V2.0

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020
**moved this post from the T1 classic thread since it is in the wrong place now.

So how do we think a 280mm radiator is going to fit in T1 v2.0 with little change in dimensions?

Random thoughts:
- 280mm would only fit on a side mounted set-up.
- You wouldn't put a CPU AIO on the GPU side, so it's got to fit on the CPU side.
- AIO block height, radiator thickness, and tube length would be very constrained.
- I don't think W360 would want to limit the GPU to 2 slot and we know the case is supposed to support 2.5 slot, so let's say that's the required configuration. That would leave like 65mm(?) in cooler height in the v1.1 that would need to be block + fans + radiator (+ tubes in there somewhere).
- How is that going to work? I have no idea. I'd suspect 15mm fans, slim radiator (17mm?), and maybe a in-line pump like the one on the be quiet! Pure Loop.
- RAM height probably needs to be sub 40mm.
- Tube length and fitting orientation could mean the AIO only works in side mounted configurations such as the M1 (and T1 v2.0). I actually think there's a market for this if the performance is on par or better than current AIO offerings as smooshing the tubes into my temporary NR200 was a PITA already as it is.
- I also think mounting provisions are likely to be built into the side panel if not be completely integrated with the radiator. So no additional bracket.
- And then there's the question of what happens to the PSU? F- if I know!

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
well, if one can move the "spine" in order to have a 1 slot gpu (watercooled) it would leave "a lot of" room left on the cpu side to mount a radiator and fans on the side.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
well, if one can move the "spine" in order to have a 1 slot gpu (watercooled) it would leave "a lot of" room left on the cpu side to mount a radiator and fans on the side.
Side rad on the CPU side would be terrible for aesthetics as it would obscure the motherboard. M1 and C4 SFX already support this. T1 EVO should do better!

Last edited:

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019

2021-01-03 Update: merging P1 into T1 V2.0, the new name is T1 EVO.​

Will use this thread to log T1 EVO development, which will combine all of current thoughts on T1 V2.0 redesign and incorporate P1 as a vertical kit.

P1 design is now a feature of T1 EVO.
Don't know why, but I am just so existed by all that !!!
Can't wait to see more of this T1 EVO✨

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Side rad on the CPU side would be terrible for aesthetics as it would obscure the motherboard. M1 and C4 SFX already support this. T1 EVO should do better!
Neither the c4 or the M1 are sandwich style cases. I dont have thé T1 so, I´m not very aware of the room availability, but a T1 with side rad support and top rad support (even with size constrains) would be awesome IMO. Aesthetics wise.... you are not going to see what´s inside anyway.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
So the P1 design will be featured as the T1evo case in what seems to be a vertical case. Hope the horizontal one will be made too but that's just my personal taste.
The case in itself looks fantastic, and I might buy one together with the aio when it's produced.
Still hoping to be able to buy a spare front panel for the T1. Just the standard silver part @Wahaha360

Reactions: tokes808

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Can we get a bullet point list of the current definitive and possible additions that the EVO will bring to the table?

280mm rad support? Classic layout? More gpu/cpu spacing options? Vertical stand? New design?

Anything else? Anything above that isn't likely?

Last edited:
Reactions: FreeZe

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020
I don't see any reason W360 couldn't allow the T1 EVO to accommodate the side rad on either side; but I don't see any way to add radiator volume within the T1 v1.1 external dimensions otherwise.

GPU side rad provisions would be geared towards custom loops while CPU side rad provisions would offer AIO users more airflow and radiator volume.

I'm really interested to see where this goes!

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
It can also be a design like the Corsair One, with one big fan, or two exhausting air, and then, locate the radiators without fans. Thanks to the cnc machined panels, and the precision they provide it may be possible to build a case with very good seals, in which the designer can choose where the air gets in, so it just get air inside the case where a radiator is. just speculating. :)

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
It can also be a design like the Corsair One, with one big fan, or two exhausting air, and then, locate the radiators without fans. Thanks to the cnc machined panels, and the precision they provide it may be possible to build a case with very good seals, in which the designer can choose where the air gets in, so it just get air inside the case where a radiator is. just speculating. :)
The problem with this is the user. There are a lot of different configurations one could make, and any break in the seal would ruin the airflow pattern. This seal can come mainly from the GPU I/O plate or the Motherboard I/O shield. There's a lot of places where a leak could happen, so making a mainstream case like the Corsair ONE would be really, really difficult.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Still in love with my now Classic T1, but TBH W360's stated concept / goal of T1 2.0 / EVO (link) to be able to cool better than dual-rad M1 or Meshlicious is super tantalizing.

I'm all ears!

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Still in love with my now Classic T1, but TBH W360's stated concept / goal of T1 2.0 / EVO (link) to be able to cool better than dual-rad M1 or Meshlicious is super tantalizing.

I'm all ears!

Same here - though I am curious to see how all of the ideas mentioned so far will be possible in a single case, let alone one the same size as the OG T1.

Would be nice to have a render or additional info to go off of. Even just a list of confirmed changes made to the design so far would be cool.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Same here - though I am curious to see how all of the ideas mentioned so far will be possible in a single case, let alone one the same size as the OG T1.

Would be nice to have a render or additional info to go off of. Even just a list of confirmed changes made to the design so far would be cool.
me imagining Wahaha as a mad genius with ideas swirling around his head. they come and go so fast and in vast number that such a list would be changing everyday in and of itself 🤣 🤣 🤣

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
I got tracking number for Gunmetal, which make me confused. Still can't be tracking. Your reply mail already update which one i choose. Please let me know, did I got 2.0 aka Evo or? I will stick with my Gunmetal? @Wahaha360

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
I got tracking number for Gunmetal, which make me confused. Still can't be tracking. Your reply mail already update which one i choose. Please let me know, did I got 2.0 aka Evo or? I will stick with my Gunmetal? @Wahaha360

Approximate timeline for EVO is April. You surely don't receive an EVO. This post fits best into the T1 classic thread.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Approximate timeline for EVO is April. You surely don't receive an EVO. This post fits best into the T1 classic thread.
I got messages for that :) You didn't understand, please don't reply. I know you trying to help, but you are not part of the team.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I became inactive lately but one of the consideration for P1 is that it is supposed to be cheaper than the T1. Is this still a consideration for T1 Evo?