Concept FormD T1 V2.0

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
please don't make it bigger to fit a 280mm radiator...
I highly welcome your decision on having a stand for the FormD T1 (I was planning to buy a custom stand for the v1.1 instead, because it's currently not provided by you)
Honestly, I was wondering why not merge T1 and P1 instead... But please, don't make it bigger. Yours is the perfect case for a system which competes with Xbox Series X in dimensions... And I am planning to buy one, as soon as PCIe riser problems are fixed, insanely priced components are no more, and you manage to solve all problems for productions!

Honestly, if I wanted to make a PC completely water-cooled, there are other space saving option than a single 280mm radiator (first at all, a dual rad T1)

Honestly, congrats. I have seen multiple times Optimum Tech videos about your case, and I am in love with it.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I highly welcome your decision on having a stand for the FormD T1 (I was planning to buy a custom stand for the v1.1 instead, because it's currently not provided by you)
Honestly, I was wondering why not merge T1 and P1 instead... But please, don't make it bigger. Yours is the perfect case for a system which competes with Xbox Series X in dimensions... And I am planning to buy one, as soon as PCIe riser problems are fixed, insanely priced components are no more, and you manage to solve all problems for productions!

Honestly, if I wanted to make a PC completely water-cooled, there are other space saving option than a single 280mm radiator (first at all, a dual rad T1)

Honestly, congrats. I have seen multiple times Optimum Tech videos about your case, and I am in love with it.
I think it should be Wahaha's decision to make, what happens with the T1 and P1.

Honestly, a super-versatile case with all of the features of both sounds amazing to me, especially if it helps solve production issues currently experienced with the T1.

At a certain point, you have to make a choice on what would make the most sense to produce and the most sense to purchase, and I personally think Wahaha has the right idea here in merging the two projects to solve both issues. The T1 was already adding larger GPU compatibility with 2.0, and plenty of people wanted room for the 280mm rad which would have been be a big selling point of the P1.

In the end, merging the two projects to satisfy both needs means less strain on production, tighter tolerances & focus, a more accessible building experience (compared to cramming a custom loop 2x240mm rad in a T1), more part compatibility, with a case that's smaller than the originally planned P1 and only slightly larger than the current T1. (Smaller if you think of the vertical footprint)

Sounds like a win-win-win-win-win to me.

Last edited:

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
I think it should be Wahaha's decision to make, what happens with the T1 and P1.

Honestly, a super-versatile case with all of the features of both sounds amazing to me, especially if it helps solve production issues currently experienced with the T1.

At a certain point, you have to make a choice on what would make the most sense to produce and the most sense to purchase, and I personally think Wahaha has the right idea here in merging the two projects to solve both issues. The T1 was already adding larger GPU compatibility with 2.0, and plenty of people wanted room for the 280mm rad which would have been be a big selling point of the P1.

In the end, meeting the two projects to satisfy both needs means less strain on production, tighter tolerances & focus, a more accessible building experience (compared to cramming a custom loop 2x240mm rad in a T1), more part compatibility, with a case that's smaller than the originally planned P1 and only slightly larger than the current T1. (Smaller if you think of the vertical footprint)

Sounds like a win-win-win-win-win to me.
never thought mine to be more than a personal opinion :)
It's of course a decision Wahaha has to make and fully support it, as you may have read.

It totally makes sense to merge T1 and P1
But, thinking of his line-up, we'll have mesh-licious which is a (cheap) vertical case with 280mm support and we have a FormD T1 which will have a vertical stand, so it will be able to sit vertical on your desk. My opinion is just to differentiate between these two products. Who want smaller size possible goes to T1, who want 280mm support goes to Mesh-licious.

But again, it's just my opinion

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020

280mm rads is a different niche but I wouldn't mind if T1 was a few mm bigger here and there to improve compatibility with 240 AIOs (which became a de-facto standard cooling solution in T1) and custom loops. Being able to fit TX240 with 3x NF-A12x25 would be amazing, and another TX240 with 2x NF-A12x15 on the side for crazies like me 🤪.

Last edited:
Reactions: FischOderAal

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

SashaLag, BRSxIgnition, biopunk

P1, aka T1 V2.0 can change in 1) size, 2) look, 3) layout and 3) orientation (horizontal vs vertical).

Don't have to change case to be smaller vs larger in volume or foot print, these are all just features, not a product in itself.

You guys are all taking features, same product.

I think a truly versatile SFF case should be able to all 4 above, so let's see what happens.

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017

P1, aka T1 V2.0 can change in 1) size, 2) look, 3) layout and 3) orientation (horizontal vs vertical).

Don't have to change case to be smaller vs larger in volume or foot print, these are all just features, not a product in itself.

I think a truly versatile SFF case should be able to all 4 above, so let's see what happens.

Do you have any plans to offer PCI-E 4.0 risers with new cases moving forward buddy?
I know only too well the costs of these but all my builds now are Gen 4.0. I'd hate to buy another case with a PCI-E 3.0 riser !!!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Do you have any plans to offer PCI-E 4.0 risers with new cases moving forward buddy?
I know only too well the costs of these but all my builds now are Gen 4.0. I'd hate to buy another case with a PCI-E 3.0 riser !!!
Leaning towards offering adding support for a layout that doesn't need riser.

So if you want to switch to Riser layout, then free to do so and bring your own riser.

I just don't like the current PCIe 4.0 lineup.

Last edited:

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017

So if you want to switch to Riser layout, then free to do so and bring your own riser.

That's a decent solution.

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020

Won't that increase the size quite a bit?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

now you've got me interested!

If you want to build traditional / M1 layout, it’s bigger size.

If you build sandwich / T1 layout, it’s a smaller size.

The idea is one case that can be bigger or smaller in size and foot print depending on how you build.
so mDTX support in classic layout possible? given my understanding that the T1 v2.0 / P1 v1.0 can be 'expanded'?

Reactions: eedev

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Since we are talking about flexibility, my dream layout for water-cooling would be 1-1.5 slot GPU in front of the mobo, showing off RGB goodness, 240mm radiator on the opposite side of the mobo, 240mm rad on top, and a small DDC pump/res combo. A man can dream 🤤

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018

The idea is one case that can be bigger or smaller in size and foot print depending on how you build.
Very interested to see how you pull this off. The geometry of a rectangular volume and nature of CNC’d metal make such a task appear very difficult. I can see the frame expanding or collapsing, but not how this would work for certain body panels.

Would this be a single, primary case SKU that is then reconfigurable, post-purchase, by the end user? Or a family of parts, perhaps many common, from which to choose requiring the desired case configuration be selected at purchase time?

Last edited:

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I am also interested to see how one executes on that idea - especially since the C4 already seems to be on track to offer both sandwich/classic options for 280mm radiators in one style - though it'd be at a slightly larger footprint than the T1 or a vertical case like a H1.

Having it be a horizontal/vertical sandwich-style case with 280mm rad & regular fan support may be an easier target to reach while having it remain different enough from the C4, but I suppose all we really have right now are guesses and estimates, so comparing the compatibility of the two won't get much further than this for the moment.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018

You build it, and I'll be more than happy to buy it, test it, and provide feedback to help improve it just as I've done with my T1. :)

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020

OK. I'm intrigued.

HPr

Efficiency Noob
Sep 4, 2020
builds.gg

The ghost s1 is already offering expandability. The issue is that it adds unwanted seams to the final look of the case. It also breaks the symetry. On my side i would not dig into a case that is not seamless / symetric if expanded

Reactions: zacobin

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-01-03 Update: merging P1 into T1 V2.0, the new name is T1 EVO.​

Will use this thread to log T1 EVO development, which will combine all of current thoughts on T1 V2.0 redesign and incorporate P1 as a vertical kit.

P1 design is now a feature of T1 EVO.