Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
I honestly don't understand why you would want to put a 3090 in a sff case, it's going to be kicking out an utterly ridiculous amount of heat. If a 3070 can trade blows with a 2080Ti, then a 3080 should be more than enough for 99% of people who aren't using their graphics card to make money.

Looking forward to seeing the final specs, release date and pre-order details for the H280 <3
3090 is only 30w more than a 3080. I will put a 3090 3 slot GPU in this case.

Reactions: Shinken1

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
Just a minor warning to those planning to go Founders Edition Ampere with the FormD P1 - Ali Sayed from Optimum Tech recommends against FE cards in sandwich-style cases since the fan exhaust on the backplate would get blocked by PSUs.

Sandwich cases and also M1/NR200 type of cases if air cooling the CPU, since in that configuration the exhaust fan of the GPU throws all the hot air directly into the CPU heatsink. Even board partners have holes in the pcb that allows air to go through the backplate...

I think if not watercooling the GPU then morpheus II/accelero might be the way to go for enthusiasts

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Looking forward to seeing the final specs, release date and pre-order details for the H280 <3

The waiting is killing me, but even more so not having any time frame on how LONG we have to wait...!

Sandwich cases and also M1/NR200 type of cases if air cooling the CPU, since in that configuration the exhaust fan of the GPU throws all the hot air directly into the CPU heatsink. Even board partners have holes in the pcb that allows air to go through the backplate...

Maybe this is where 3d printed ducts can shine...?

I think if not watercooling the GPU then morpheus II/accelero might be the way to go for enthusiasts

Man, Morpheus II... The trick is getting heat sinks for the RAM that are short enough to work with the Morpheus, but still provide sufficient cooling... Morpheus really shined when it was cooling Vega with its integrated HBM...?

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
I'm reading about sandwich case owners considering flipping their PSU in order to expel GPU heat upward. Brilliant if works, but... how to measure? Do any SFX PSUs exist with thermal sensors that can be monitored?

Maybe this is where 3d printed ducts can shine...?
Definitely. And gaffer's tape is great for quick and dirty experimentation.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
I honestly don't understand why you would want to put a 3090 in a sff case, it's going to be kicking out an utterly ridiculous amount of heat. If a 3070 can trade blows with a 2080Ti, then a 3080 should be more than enough for 99% of people who aren't using their graphics card to make money.

i mean what if you're looking to do workstation things? 3090 is overkill for most gamers anyway

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015

i mean what if you're looking to do workstation things? 3090 is overkill for most gamers anyway

3090 is the Ampere version of Titan RTX, so a "prosumer" (I kinda hate that term) workstation card (a grand cheaper than the Titan RTX, and substantially cheaper than high-end Quadro cards), and there are a good number of folks with SFF rigs that use them as portable workstations...

Reactions: Neptimus7 and TSOF

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018

While I understand where you are coming from, please understand that not all use cases are the same. Your use case does not represent everyone and for a very few, wants to do it for the challenge and say that they can and able to. Some even has reason to do it.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Ali @ Optimum Tech just did an analysis of the flow through cooler on the new FE cards:

I'm curious to see if the P1 is one of the cases that will work well with them, like the T1 may be.

Reactions: Kit

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
3090 is only 30w more than a 3080. I will put a 3090 3 slot GPU in this case.

And? I don't know if you've ever put a 2080Ti or similar class of graphics card in a SFF case but even the cooler length of 313mm of the 3090 means allot of SFF cases are too small. It's rated for 350w, the 2080Ti was 250w, thats a 29% increase on a card that was already hard to cool in a sff case for sustained heavy use, even with undervolting.

Yeah I don't disagree! I figure there will be a 4K gamer/prosumer market, that's why I stated 99% and inderviduals not using their graphics card to make money ?

3090 is the Ampere version of Titan RTX, so a "prosumer" (I kinda hate that term) workstation card (a grand cheaper than the Titan RTX, and substantially cheaper than high-end Quadro cards), and there are a good number of folks with SFF rigs that use them as portable workstations...

Perfectly reasonable and I tried to cover that in the above, although i'd argue that i've read that these "prosumer" cards (I hate it too) are sometimes rejected Quadro tier products which have failed some integrity test(s). Im not sure I would want to use these if money/deadlines where a factor but in honesty i've got no experience with this ?

While I understand where you are coming from, please understand that not all use cases are the same. Your use case does not represent everyone and for a very few, wants to do it for the challenge and say that they can and able to. Some even has reason to do it.

See above

Last edited:

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
P1 supports more layouts than H280 (meshlicious)

Also different process, CNC vs sheetmetal

Do you think there will be any issues with flow-through coolers like the FE 3080 and 3090 in the P1?

I.E: Is there enough space for air to exhaust the back of the card in one of the recommended configurations? I know this would probably be an issue in the FormD-T1 due to the spine.

Last edited:

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
More like waiting for test and reviews. I know it will fit, my concerns is thermal and what's needed to cool it.

Based on open bench results, you can add few C for a case, you can get a sense the cooling required.

Do you think you'll be able to release specs/pre-order soon?

*hops up and down*

• Haha
Reactions: Sashby