Concept FormD T1 V2.0

nulio

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2020
Having the case finalized, produced and delivered before H2 2020, meaning in two months? No.

First post says prototypes are still being done. And plan/hope is getting the prototype done for computex.

Reactions: bricemx

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
I can understand why a vertical design appeals to people, but what started me down the rabbit hole of SFFPC was a height restriction. I have at most 17 inches of clearance, so I hope the case doesn't go over that. Some advice for people doing DIY home projects: built in book cases above desks look nice and classy, just give some thought to how much room you want for monitors, speakers, lamps, and pc cases.

BeachBoy

Case Bender
New User
May 12, 2020
I agree with this notion of really having support for 25mm fans in this design, it just makes no sense to avoid this configuration since we are trying to cool a potential workstation now. I also think if Wahaha is going with the vertical design, since cables need to come out top or bottom, there should be space enough around this area to place a ddc pump like the Mach 1...

Also if we have 25mm fan support, if going down the route of 280 rad we have the new 140 Sterrox fan from noctua coming probably next year, which should bring even better performance than their 120mm version.

Just registered and awaiting pre-order on the T1.

I want a vertical case with cables at bottom, like the H1 but much smaller (through desk or with feet) hence my T1 choice as I can put it vertical removing the feet.

I couldn't find how to search the topic like vbulletin, but has this been confirmed that the IO would be on the bottom or top? If it's in the back, I will continue to aim for the T1 as I want a cable-less setup

Thanks

James

Efficiency Noob
Feb 6, 2020
Stumbled upon this on r/. Hope there will be some prototype builds to behold. Good luck, guys!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Wahaha quick question about the production cycle/ timeframe of the vertical P1.

Because of the experience gained prototyping and delivering the T1, can we expect the preparation and delivery of the P1 to be smoother/ quicker or is it too early to tell? Excuse my eagerness, I (and many others) have followed you for a while and this looks to be another gem.

Thanks for you contribution to the community and keep up the amazing work!

Too early to tell, I am actively avoiding promises because I don’t want to break them later.

I’m keeping thing vague to manage disappointment and expectations.

agent

What's an ITX?
New User
May 22, 2020
Looks fantastic! I'm planning on going SFF for my next build and I registered just to follow this and your T1.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
I like the vertical. Imagine if you were able to put the mobo on the bottom of the vertical case, and have the CPU cooler height use all that vertical height space of the case...

Reactions: mfgillia

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I'm not sure if it would be possible because I'm not sure what the internal layout of the case will look like, but could it be possible to have both horizontal and vertical orientations? Maybe that bottom piece could be the cover for the cables in the vertical orientation, but can be unscrewed from the case to allow for horizontal orientation. So the case would be primarily vertical, but if you wanted to, you could lay it on it's side and have the case be horizontal.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
I'm not sure if it would be possible because I'm not sure what the internal layout of the case will look like, but could it be possible to have both horizontal and vertical orientations? Maybe that bottom piece could be the cover for the cables in the vertical orientation, but can be unscrewed from the case to allow for horizontal orientation. So the case would be primarily vertical, but if you wanted to, you could lay it on it's side and have the case be horizontal.

That's not a bad idea. Have one of the ends be removable then could include mesh panel and use that for the front panel similar to the distro in the t1. Then vertical you could just attach the base back on the bottom like this.

Last edited by a moderator: