Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
SEASONIC: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Power connector

I feel like AMD should take the Efficiency Crown with the upcoming cards. Let's see.
Yeah, we’ll see. I only know of SilverStone’s upcoming 1000w SFX-L, but if there’s a 1000w SFX coming I’d happily take it.

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
I think it's just the 3090 which is triple slot/XXX-thicc.... the old 3080 leaks were normal size.
And even so, I think the PCB will still potentially be easier to fit when paired with a waterblock.
And thirdly - the AIB cards are supposedly quite different to these more custom FE boards.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Here's hoping you're right - since the double-sided fan design on the FE cards won't really work in most sandwich-style ITX cases.

Orelius_Orwell

Case Bender
New User
Oct 6, 2019
I saw that 8.5L was considered as an option. Does that mean that this case could be smaller than the T1 with improved radiator support?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Wahaha is a optimization magician I say around 12L.

The below is from page 3 of the thread, before 280 rad was supported (because TRX40 mDTX, at some point)...

Can’t decide on horizontal vs vertical ?
Horizontal: 136x192x326mm, 8.5L
Horizontal with 240AIO: 136x232x326mm, 10.3L
Vertical: 136x232x370mm, 11.7L

It has since been decided to go ahead with the Vertical version, with the added 280 rad support. Note the volumes listed above do NOT account for the additional space needed for a 280 rad...

2020-08-12 Update:
1. P1 Vertical and Horizontal, both CNC Machined cases, prototypes expected October
2. A
*more mainstream SECC Sheetmetal case, vertical, same layout as P1, 14L, priced $100-$120 *should be available on Newegg and Caseking 2020Q4

Just wanted to give an update. Give me until next week to make a new thread for option 2.

The mainstream chassis mentioned above is coming it at 14.5L, see this thread...

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
Here’s hoping for more powerful SFX units to comfortably keep ahead of Ampere, after today’s confirmation of power usage...then again, you might not need it unless you run Intel :)

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
There are 1000W and 1200W SFX coming, SFX-L won’t have these, so it’s not going to win in either power, efficiency or noise, so it’s basically an inferior choice in the long term.

SF750 is fine. Or wait for 1000W SFX.

Just don’t bother with SFX-L, it’s going to have compatibility issues with more cases coming in the future.

Here’s hoping for more powerful SFX units to comfortably keep ahead of Ampere, after today’s confirmation of power usage...then again, you might not need it unless you run Intel :)

Looks like higher power SFX PSUs are in the works...?

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
So... Now that we know ampere FE packs baby pcbs, can we talk on how we could potentially fit a D5 pump in this new space that is now available? ?

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Just a minor warning to those planning to go Founders Edition Ampere with the FormD P1 - Ali Sayed from Optimum Tech recommends against FE cards in sandwich-style cases since the fan exhaust on the backplate would get blocked by PSUs.

Reactions: arthasdklol

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Just a minor warning to those planning to go Founders Edition Ampere with the FormD P1 - Ali Sayed from Optimum Tech recommends against FE cards in sandwich-style cases since the fan exhaust on the backplate would get blocked by PSUs.
It will probably be a case by case (pun intended) in terms of how well the back exhaust hot air is able to be managed by each case (the blower style fan might be a boon in that sense since it'll exaust part of the air outside the case which may help for smaller volume cases with restricted airflow), but yes, sandwich style in general won't be ideal for this GPU. Looks like most 3rd party options so far however are going to be 2.5 slot so won't fit in the smaller sandwich cases.

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Am I right in assuming that the P1and H280 are both waiting for renders to be greenlit before we can see them?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Wonder about reversing the fan in the rear then to change the flow?
The rear fan on the GPU? Not sure how that would help, because at least in it's stock configuration it has access to cool air, reversing the fan would severely limit the cool air available to it by putting it right up against the PSU, so the thermals would probably be even worse.

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
I honestly don't understand why you would want to put a 3090 in a sff case, it's going to be kicking out an utterly ridiculous amount of heat. If a 3070 can trade blows with a 2080Ti, then a 3080 should be more than enough for 99% of people who aren't using their graphics card to make money.

Looking forward to seeing the final specs, release date and pre-order details for the H280 <3