Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019

That's almost 75% of the total estimated cost of this case, no way that's what's going to be used. But, I can see it being a nice addition for people who deem it necessary

Reactions: pwnedundies

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
That's almost 75% of the total estimated cost of this case, no way that's what's going to be used.

I am thinking outside the box and sharing ideas of the possibilities that are out there and things that might work with this concept. That means it doesn't have to be that cable and it doesn't have to be that price.

Reactions: Sashby

loophole

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 7, 2020
What is the plan for coatings on this case? Will the initial launch be the same as the current T1 offerings?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 is this possible? I've been working on this vertical layout
Great news!
Will wait your update.. Are P1 include PCI Riser like your picture?
That's awesome! Can't wait :) Will this be also be a similar run to T1? Or more main stream with a bigger production run?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but the riser cable mentioned, or the P1?
Judging by reactions to your post, you'd think you just teased the case itself coming out next month - but based on what you said earlier, that feels a little soon?
Could you clarify which you mean?

2020-08-12 Update:
1. P1 Vertical and Horizontal, both CNC Machined cases, prototypes expected October
2. A
*more mainstream SECC Sheetmetal case, vertical, same layout as P1, 14L, priced $100-$120 *should be available on Newegg and Caseking 2020Q4

Just wanted to give an update. Give me until next week to make a new thread for option 2.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
2020-08-12 Update:
1. P1 Vertical and Horizontal, both CNC Machined cases, prototypes expected October
2. A
*more mainstream SECC Sheetmetal case, vertical, same layout as P1, 14L, priced $100-$120 *should be available on Newegg and Caseking 2020Q4

Just wanted to give an update. Give me until next week to make a new thread for option 2.

I will waiting your update.. didn't interest with other case other than FormD family :D

Reactions: Madhawk1995

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
2020-08-12 Update:
2. A

Nice! At 14L will it fit a 280mm rad?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Nice! At 14L will it fit a 280mm rad?

Yes, alternative to Corsair One and NZXT H1.

P1 for people who wants Extrusion + CNC (more like Ghost mfg process, T1 is more complicated and machine time)

Option 2 Sheetmetal case for people just want something more affordable and don’t care about Aluminum or CNC.

Very similar layout and compatibility.

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017

P1 for people who wants Extrusion + CNC (more like Ghost mfg process, T1 is more complicated and machine time)

Option 2 Sheetmetal case for people just want something more affordable and don’t care about Aluminum or CNC.

Well I want a T1 and a P1 now haha!

Fitchew

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 2, 2019
2020-08-12 Update:
2. A
Wil be waiting first option with interest.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I just need the P1 to (comfortably) fit the following:

ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX mobo (with its too tall SO-DIMM.2 riser card)
Full-size RDNA2 GPU (with full-cover water block & proper space for the fittings)
SFX PSU
D5 pump
280 radiator (45mm thick with 25mm thick fans, plz?)
Some sort of exhaust fan(s) would be great

No need for fancy windowed panels, no need for RGB
Just needs to be able to run HEDT hardware all day long without thermal throttling

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I just need the P1 to (comfortably) fit the following:

ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX mobo (with its too tall SO-DIMM.2 riser card)
Full-size RDNA2 GPU (with full-cover water block & proper space for the fittings)
SFX PSU
D5 pump
280 radiator (45mm thick with 25mm thick fans, plz?)
Some sort of exhaust fan(s) would be great

No need for fancy windowed panels, no need for RGB
Just needs to be able to run HEDT hardware all day long without thermal throttling

D5 is too big, come on!

You hate DDC that much.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Can't wait to see prototypes and builds. I like that this accommodates people that just want a good functional case at that nr200 range. I know a bunch of people hoped that NZXT would sell case only. I already have the T1 up and running.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
TBH the SECC option is very cool to push more maintstream small cases. Heck I might get it myself instead of the P1.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Great to hear it's going to be gunning at the NZXT H1 market but with good thermals - I was originally tempted to go with the Cooler Master NR200P as a stepping stone until the P1 reached final consumer version, but if the prototype comes out around when Ampere launches anyway, I may see if I can in on that.

What are the main differences between the Extrusion + CNC process of the P1 vs the total CNC process of the T1? Does it affect the end quality much?

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
I was on the edge of buying a H1 but now Nvidia have released that new ampere gpus will have a 12 pin connector, the bundled SFX PSU and PCI-e 3.0 cable have substantially less value for me, looking forward to seeing the final designs!