- Feb 23, 2015
2021-03-22: T1 EVO (aka V2.0) launch pushed to 2022Q1Both the Mobo and GPU collaboration planned alongside for T1 EVO (aka V2.0) are pushed back due to global shortages atm. So we are pushing back T1 EVO to 2022Q1 .
2021-03-16: T1 V1.1 vs. v1.2 vs. EVO (aka V2.0) Update:Support is flooded with emails asking about the difference, so here is the latest:
T1 V1.1 - The best backpack-able Small Form Factor enclosure we can make.
T1 V1.2 - Making V1.1 even better.
Latest T1 EVO (aka V2.0) Dev Timeline:T1 EVO (aka V2.0)
WHY - to make Small Form Factor builds more compatible, versatile, tidy and friendly to more people.
HOW - a size, orientation and layout shifting Small Form Factor enclosure that can adapt and change as needed.
WHAT - T1 EVO (aka V2.0) is design to transform into 3 different sizes, <10L, <15L, <20L, and will fit Mini-ITX, Mini-DTX, Micro-ATX depending on the transformation. T1 EVO can be either horizontal or vertical at all sizes, while supporting different layout at each size.
So the design is *not one size, *not one footprint, and *not one orientation. It is variable by design, to be as space efficient as possible based on the components of chose by the builder.
- Factories don't want to deal with T1 EVO complexity, so they quit...haha. Which means no volume production in the near future.
- Material limitation is another big problem. I have been exploring a material best described as an attempt at Transparent Aluminum. NDA prevents me from sharing, but this material is difficult to manufacturer and insanely expensive.
- 1st batch will be invite only, limited to people I already know for testing and refining, and the current ETA is April.
- 2nd batch will open to Priority or VIPs after improving from the feedback from the first batch.
- 3rd batch will open to the public, after improving from the feedback from the second batch.
2021-01-03 Update: merging P1 into T1 V2.0, the new name is T1 EVO.Will use this thread to log T1 EVO development, which will combine all of current thoughts on T1 V2.0 redesign and incorporate P1 design as a vertical kit.
P1 design is now a feature of T1 EVO.
Old Posting On P1, now part of T1 EVO!
Update: changed brand name due to banking reasons - Sidearmd was flagged because it's close to firearms.
Update 2020-04-06 : Product Update!I'm going to prototype both the Horizontal and Vertical case. The Vertical case is a *definitely go. Horizontal case is a maybe. I want to be hit a certain price / function, so let's see what happens after I get the prototypes.
I will wait a little more before revealing the internals - still tweaking.
Update 2020-02-29 : credit to @Metroversal for the design change suggestion
Update 2020-02-16 : Horizontal or Vertical, hard to decide
Great artists steal, so credit to B&O 17
1. Same sandwich layout like T1, 3-15mm aluminum + CNC + anodizing frame, same high flow mesh for optimal thermals / lower fan speed / noise
2. Hoping to get prototype by Computex.
3. Black color in the works. Window in the works. 2020Q4
4.Target price $150-$200
Can’t decide on horizontal ?
Horizontal: 136x192x326mm, 8.5L
Horizontal with 240AIO: 136x232x326mm, 10.3L
Vertical: 136x232x370mm, 11.7L
Update 2020-02-08 : There is congestion problem with 240AIO inquiries on the T1 thread, so let's just make a new case.
I will show some pictures next week.