Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

yuzhongliang22

Efficiency Noob
Nov 30, 2020
Hi there, apologies if this question has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find an answer or see from photos and videos of other builds or the user manual.

I tried assembling my T1 1.1 yesterday and got stuck on the GPU riser. I screwed in the riser PCB to the bracket as I had seen from videos but was then unable to screw in the motherboard standoffs because the riser PCB partially blocks the screw holes.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction or show a photo of how it should look?

Many thanks

This is the correct position to install ur riser.
If the standoffs screw are too long, try cutting them off a bit or just get rid of that standoff.

btw it is recommended to have the mobo installed and plug the riser into the mobo before you screw the gpu-side into the bracket.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
It does fit, either cut off about 3 mm of the protruding plastic, or remove the plastic shroud (and get rid of the RGB at the same time).
Okay deshrouding it can work if you don't mind doing that to have a card fit
Personally I'd say return the card and wait for a better solution with a 3080TUF or even TI

Reactions: eedev

grinny

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
There's literallly zero 3080 with normal price ATM, everyone is buying what they find and trying to fit it in their case 😁

3080Ti will be available probably only at the mid-end of 2021 most probably, and with expected stock problems, also my country's currency losing value every day. So waiting is not so logical on my side:S

Also deshrouding MSI Trio 3080 looks easy and doesn't void guarantee, I think I will confirm my order hnnngg🤯

Reactions: DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hi there, apologies if this question has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find an answer or see from photos and videos of other builds or the user manual.

I tried assembling my T1 1.1 yesterday and got stuck on the GPU riser. I screwed in the riser PCB to the bracket as I had seen from videos but was then unable to screw in the motherboard standoffs because the riser PCB partially blocks the screw holes.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction or show a photo of how it should look?

Many thanks

There should be a short standoff in your screw bag, use the short one.

If you cannot find it, email support. In the mean time, use three standoffs.

Reactions: Merry Monkey

taquito

Caliper Novice
Aug 7, 2020
We have maybe 3 pcs of E-White left, all going to Dec 1st - 4th people *based on the order received. Everyone else is going to be cancelled.

Silver comes with Black Mesh Side panels.

As part of our new manufacturing agreement, we have to compromise on variations, or no manufacturer will touch us with a 10 foot pole.
Can I ask why they go to Dec 1st-4th people and not November 2nd-6th?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Can I ask why they go to Dec 1st-4th people and not November 2nd-6th?
In our defense, people in November received partial refunds as a concession being placed behind December shipment.

In November, we also didn't anticipate the problems in December where E-White, Gunmetal and Black Silver was not possible due to problems we can't control.

In hindsight, it was bad decision to delay November batch, but to reverse it now will create other inconsistencies and problems. People will say why stop at E-white, why not all colors.

I think we can both agree making a bad decision worse is not the best way.

We can't control what we can't control. The only thing we can do within our power is to offer you a refund or switch color.

Reactions: jouz and DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2020-12-17: E-White Anxiety & Disappointment​

I think you guys want white color right, not necessarily Electrophresis white.

So once we get V2.0 with powder coated white, it will be a more update layout with the white color. So why not just cancel and wait for V2.0.

There is no way I would personally would choose V1.1 over V2.0, and I'm only half way done with the changes. To make a such big update, we will probably have to break compatibility with V1.0 and V1.1. This is also a matter of yield for production, it's probably the only way.

I will make a white T1 for myself, so just wait and see what happens.

EstoraHeaD

Case Bender
New User
May 20, 2020
I had estimated shipping for the week of January 5th. My request was Gunmental and I sent an email requesting the exchange to Black, but no email arrived talking about the date. Will I continue with the same date scheduled for shipment?

taquito

Caliper Novice
Aug 7, 2020
In our defense, people in November received partial refunds as a concession being placed behind December shipment.

In November, we also didn't anticipate the problems in December where E-White, Gunmetal and Black Silver was not possible due to problems we can't control.

In hindsight, it was bad decision to delay November batch, but to reverse it now will create other inconsistencies and problems. People will say why stop at E-white, why not all colors.

I think we can both agree making a bad decision worse is not the best way.

We can't control what we can't control. The only thing we can do within our power is to offer you a refund or switch color.
Thanks for the response, mailed you already about this. Did not get a refund (for the shipping) nor did I intend to ask for one to not make things worse for you. Seeing other people who ordered after me getting one is a disappointment on top of a disappointment. But ok, I guess I’ll have to live with that and the only thing I can do is ask for the preferred order process on 2.0 for a white one then and see if by then I got over the disappointment. Not really a choice then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinken1

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Thanks for the response, mailed you already about this. Did not get a refund (for the shipping) nor did I intend to ask for one to not make things worse for you. Seeing other people who ordered after me getting one is a disappointment on top of a disappointment. But ok, I guess I’ll have to live with that and the only thing I can do is ask for the preferred order process on 2.0 for a white one then and see if by then I got over the disappointment. Not really a choice then.

We hated sending those emails about delays and production issues.

It's makes us cringe too.

Let's see if we can win you guys back with V2.0 right. The only way to fix it is with product (V2.0) and results (shipping them).

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
I would like to get some side panels for my build, I'm thinking tempered glass on the CPU side and Aluminum on the GPU side (or Aluminum on both sides depending on temperatures), at least something that allows me to get more air in than the mesh panels.

@Wahaha360 I imagine you have your hands full right now...I guess the delay for these will be even longer now?

I'm even thinking of some panel with a hole and fixations for my 120mm side radiator...like this (yes I know madskillz 😂)

Has anyone made custom panels yet? maybe @Goatee for the tempered glass?

Does anyone have some CAD files I could use and try to get some company in my country to do the machining for me?

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
@Wahaha360 I saw the latest update about T1 2.0 on reddit, would be great to also have an official statement on the riser cable upgrade to PCI-E 4.0. Like are you targeting T1 2.0 or a later date/revision?

catzooka

Efficiency Noob
Feb 1, 2019
There is no way I would personally would choose V1.1 over V2.0, and I'm only half way done with the changes.

What are the additional expected changes for V2.0 over V1.1 compared to what you already listed? I think that'd affect some people's decision on whether to stick with V1.1 or wait for V2.0.

Reactions: ellroy80