Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Just managed to nab a 3090 FE after missing out on a 3080 FE that I had in my basket!

Now to figure out how I'm going to fit it in.... I tried searching the thread but couldn't see anything.

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Upgraded from a Ryzen 3600 with a Noctua L12S to a Ryzen 5600x with a Noctua L9a.
Sold my 3080 FE for a 6800XT.
Build log V2 coming soon with 1080P and 4K benchmarks.

How is the stability of the card without the PCIE bracket?

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Is anyone experiencing the same issues as OT did in his T1 & M1?

Namely talking about the CPU issues he's experienced with the Asus X570-I and B550-I boards paired with Zen 3 5900X and 5950X CPUs - on two separate videos now he's experienced boost clock issues and given up on using those boards with those CPUs, without further elaboration.

I was planning to use the B550-I on my upcoming T1 build paired with a 5900X since it's the only ITX board that comes with both a BIOS Flashback button and a USB-C Front-Panel header, but now I'm not so sure.

Has anyone else used these pairings in their T1, and if so, what have you found?

EDIT: Seems like there's a new BIOS released yesterday for the X570-I that "improves performance for the Ryzen 5000 CPUs" but nothing for the B550 - can anyone test things regarding this?

Flipping_A_pebble

Chassis Packer
Aug 30, 2019
Probably referring to me. I managed to fit the XC3 ultra in my case in 2 slot mode.

The issue is that the fans are the highest point on the shroud. So deshrouding doesnt work and the fans will foul the side panel.

HOWEVER.

The foil "E" stickers on the fans are actually 1mm thick because the e is embossed. What I did was remove the stickers. The result is that the shroud is now the highest point on the card. Meaning no matter how hard you try the fans will never foul.

Onto turbulence. I checked a few reviews and my temps were inline with mid tower results maybe a 2-3c difference.

I wouldnt run it at stock settings though. I noticed that once the card hit 70c it would downclock. In my case that was 1890mhz. I applied a 887mv undervolt at 1920mhz and a custom fan curve that keeps the gpu well under 70c. Which was about 65% fan speed underload. Maintaining my boost clock and at a lower fan speed.

So I say go for it. It's a tight fit. But it can be done and after building I was so happy I didnt have to build the CPU side in 3 slot mode haha.

You can see in the final image there is a small amount of bulge. But I also managed to sit on my side panels so they are a bit bent hahahahaa

Good on you man, for managing to prove people wrong that the evga xc3 fits in 2 slot mode! People on this forum need to be more open on what fits and what doesn't if specs are close, instead of just saying, "it's out of spec."

Anyway, did you notice a difference in noise running the gpu with the side panels on compared to off? Once again, I appreciate you testing this configuration for the community.

Reactions: SSJ4

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Is anyone experiencing the same issues as OT did in his T1 & M1?

Namely talking about the CPU issues he's experienced with the Asus X570-I and B550-I boards paired with Zen 3 5900X and 5950X CPUs - on two separate videos now he's experienced boost clock issues and given up on using those boards with those CPUs, without further elaboration.

I was planning to use the B550-I on my upcoming T1 build paired with a 5900X since it's the only ITX board that comes with both a BIOS Flashback button and a USB-C Front-Panel header, but now I'm not so sure.

Has anyone else used these pairings in their T1, and if so, what have you found?

EDIT: Seems like there's a new BIOS released yesterday for the X570-I that "improves performance for the Ryzen 5000 CPUs" but nothing for the B550 - can anyone test things regarding this?
I have X570-I, 5900X, BIOS v2802 and AI Suite 3 installed.
CPU doesn't boost (sometimes?) after boot. What helps is switching from Performance to Power Saving mode in AI Suite, then back to Performance.
I didn't bother to pinpoint the root cause of this as I haven't been running any CPU-intensive tasks lately. I will test the new BIOS when it comes out though.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I have X570-I, 5900X, BIOS v2802 and AI Suite 3 installed.
CPU doesn't boost (sometimes?) after boot. What helps is switching from Performance to Power Saving mode in AI Suite, then back to Performance.
I didn't bother to pinpoint the root cause of this as I haven't been running any CPU-intensive tasks lately. I will test the new BIOS when it comes out though.

The new BIOS seems to have released yesterday - though admittedly it is labeled as a beta version.

Nothing showing up for the B550-I yet, though.

anothernoob

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2020
Happy Thanksgiving FormD crew.

Upgraded from a Ryzen 3600 with a Noctua L12S to a Ryzen 5600x with a Noctua L9a.
Sold my 3080 FE for a 6800XT.
Build log V2 coming soon with 1080P and 4K benchmarks.
Are you using custom cables or are those the stock Corsair PSU cables?

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
It’s the @pslate cables. I highly recommend them for a really clean build
Really nice, clean build! Is the PSU inverted (and if so, why)?

Also interested in the temperatures, since I am going for the same components, but with an AiO for the CPU (have everything but the CPU and T1 at home already T_T).

Just a heads up regarding the LINKUP cable that's been posted here - apparently it performs worse in PCIE 4.0 mode than 3.0 and no-riser, so I'd suggest against it.
More info on that?

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020

Also interested in the temperatures, since I am going for the same components, but with an AiO for the CPU (have everything but the CPU and T1 at home already T_T).

PSU exhaust is down because I planned on water cooling originally but air cooling is too good. I also ordered the custom PSlate cables already so I had no choice but to stick to that orientation.
CPU at stock stays under 80c. GPU peaks at 76c at auto fan.

Reactions: JDK

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Good on you man, for managing to prove people wrong that the evga xc3 fits in 2 slot mode! People on this forum need to be more open on what fits and what doesn't if specs are close, instead of just saying, "it's out of spec."

Anyway, did you notice a difference in noise running the gpu with the side panels on compared to off? Once again, I appreciate you testing this configuration for the community.
Thanks mate. I've been posting here for a long time now. I think since the first Optimum Tech video of the prototype. So not the beginning but a fair while. Basically any discussion/speculation of parts fitting outside of spec would be shot down and posters would be attacked for bringing up the same topics.

By far the worst was when people asked if an AIO would fit. Now look at peoples builds haha. Dual 240s, triple fans, cross flow tx240s, different AIOs.

Just like the Pirate Code. Specs are more of guidelines :p

Anyway. Enough ragging on people. There are loads of great community members paving the way with R&D.

To your question about noise. I didnt do any extensive testing of noise. I don't have any measurement equipment. Everything is done by the old ear test. Under load the gpu noise is acceptable imo even with headphones off it didnt sound overly load. In fact the LTsolo pump is easily the most annoying shame it doesnt have full PWM control.

All I did was open MSI afterburner and manually set the fan speed to the fastest speed that I found tolerable (65%). I used that as my theoretical max and made my custom fan curve from there. Did the same with my radiator fans too. Just in the bios. So my system is very quiet and I can game with open back headphones without hearing my PC.
The new BIOS seems to have released yesterday - though admittedly it is labeled as a beta version.

Nothing showing up for the B550-I yet, though.
Hopefully this is sorted out at some point. I invested in the x570i strix a long time ago with intentions of upgrading from my 2700x to the 5000 series 12 or 16 core down the line.

Wont be upgrading until next year sometime however. So plenty of time for my case. I just feel for everyone else who spent money on a premium board and cpu getting screwed.

Reactions: Flipping_A_pebble

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
could you link your source rather than just saying it?

So can you tell us what the length of your cable is in thepic you linked? People are asking.

Sources and information please

More info on that?