Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ponster

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2020
Did anyone run into this issue? And if you did, what did you do to resolve it?
Riser not holding in the mobo because of bottom panel pressure? : FormD (reddit.com)

This issue literally melted a couple pins in my PCIe slot. Had to RMA the mobo and try to get a new riser cable as well, since it also got damaged. The funny thing is I actually pushed it in again after putting the bottom panel in. But I guess vibration from moving it to my desk knocked it loose again.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Yooooo this is very cool! I think you're using a G unique solution? So with a short block and no SFX PSU you must have fit a nice T H I C C 120mm in there? More specs and pics!
My guess is he might be using one of the external brick, don't think there's enough room in the GPU chamber for a D5 + internal G-unique even with the short 3090 PCB

Flipping_A_pebble

Chassis Packer
Aug 30, 2019
Thing is i have an obsession, maybe unhealthy, to not use water cooling in my builds. NH-L12S air cooler is what i am aiming for. I know i just shot myself in the foot with this choice, since it eliminates 99% of GPUs out there.. but well, i'm a patient man.

Does it? Any pictures or posts about this? It would give me a 2nd alternative to the FE.
Yeah man the evga xc3 fits in two slot mode. This guy live streamed his install & build process on twitch. He did however remove the e badges that sit on top of each of the gpu's fan hubs.

The backplate doesn't need to be removed, but he does recommend custom cables so the pcie cables won't push the gpu towards the side panel.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSJ4

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Yeah man the evga xc3 fits in two slot mode. This guy live streamed his install & build process on twitch. He did however remove the e badges that sit on top of each of the gpu's fan hubs.

The backplate doesn't need to be removed, but he does recommend custom cables so the pcie cables won't push the gpu towards the side panel.
Yes it fits, but the reason he removed the E badges was to make it so the fans wouldn't rub up against the side panel with any amount of force, which I personally wouldn't want to do. So yes, technically it can fit, but to make it fit almost perfectly you have to make some slight modifications.

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
@DrHudacris - using a XSPC TX120mm with a NF-F12 and a 1kw GUnique PSU.

Specs are
Asus ROG x570 mobo
PNY 3090
3950X
1TB Rocket NVME
16gb Corsair ddr4 cl14 3600
Aquacomputer Nickel Kryos CPU Block
Aquacomputer Nickel 3080/3090 Block + Active backplate
Aquacomputer Quadro Fan Controller
Aquacomputer Calitemp
Aquacomputer DDC and DDC Top (Aquacomputer D5 Next)
XSPC 120 and 140 Radiators

I'll snap some more pics tomorrow after I do some cable management. So far I like this setup much more than my nvlink 2080ti FormD setup. Using a GUnique setup opens the GPU Chamber for a lot of options!

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Could you tell me where you ordered the 1kw gunique because I thought they were only specced to 400w.
I'd like to buy one too.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Reactions: SSJ4

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Yeah, what is the length of the PCIE cable that comes with the T1? I assume it's less than 20cm? The shortest LINKUP offers is 20cm.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
It must have been very recent, I didn't know it either just a few days ago.
And I have been talking to them maybe two weeks ago. It wasn't tested then.

Reactions: hetvler

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Did anyone try the EVGA 3080 XC3 black edition in the FormD T1 in 2-slot mode to see if it fits? There was like 0.7mm difference or something ridiculous like that i recall. Does it really not fit (without bulge in mesh)
Someone has tried it, and while it can fit, if you put any pressure on the side panel whatsoever, it will rub up against the fans. Best to just get a thicker card and put it in 3 slot mode.
Probably referring to me. I managed to fit the XC3 ultra in my case in 2 slot mode.

The issue is that the fans are the highest point on the shroud. So deshrouding doesnt work and the fans will foul the side panel.

HOWEVER.

The foil "E" stickers on the fans are actually 1mm thick because the e is embossed. What I did was remove the stickers. The result is that the shroud is now the highest point on the card. Meaning no matter how hard you try the fans will never foul.

Onto turbulence. I checked a few reviews and my temps were inline with mid tower results maybe a 2-3c difference.

I wouldnt run it at stock settings though. I noticed that once the card hit 70c it would downclock. In my case that was 1890mhz. I applied a 887mv undervolt at 1920mhz and a custom fan curve that keeps the gpu well under 70c. Which was about 65% fan speed underload. Maintaining my boost clock and at a lower fan speed.

So I say go for it. It's a tight fit. But it can be done and after building I was so happy I didnt have to build the CPU side in 3 slot mode haha.

You can see in the final image there is a small amount of bulge. But I also managed to sit on my side panels so they are a bit bent hahahahaa

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Yes it fits, but the reason he removed the E badges was to make it so the fans wouldn't rub up against the side panel with any amount of force, which I personally wouldn't want to do. So yes, technically it can fit, but to make it fit almost perfectly you have to make some slight modifications.
Meh. They are just stickers and pretty low down on the list of what I would call a modification. Certainly far less risky and intrusive than deshrouding or even putting a water block on on a card.

I just gamed on the system with the side panel off for a hour or so to get the gpu heat up. Then used a plastic trim tool to peal them up. Got them off undamaged and even if you damaged the stickers there is absolutely no risk to the card itself.

Yep thats me. Havent got around to making my custom cables. I am thinking of rejigging the system a bit to try and fit a 3rd fan in. That would require modifying my loop my 90s wont clear a 15mm fan underneath I would need a extender.

I'd also love to run the psu flipped but the EK torque fittings are way to tall and foul the psu bracket in flipped mode.

I actually built my loop as an AIO. So I can take it out and work on it outside the case. So not a massive deal. Still work though hahaha.

Last edited:

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Just a heads up regarding the LINKUP cable that's been posted here - apparently it performs worse in PCIE 4.0 mode than 3.0 and no-riser, so I'd suggest against it.

Nykwil

Cable Smoosher
Sep 11, 2020
Just a heads up regarding the LINKUP cable that's been posted here - apparently it performs worse in PCIE 4.0 mode than 3.0 and no-riser, so I'd suggest against it.

could you link your source rather than just saying it?

It must have been very recent, I didn't know it either just a few days ago.
And I have been talking to them maybe two weeks ago. It wasn't tested then.

So can you tell us what the length of your cable is in thepic you linked? People are asking.

Sources and information please

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
No because it isn't mine, and once you actually click on the link it says so right there in the description.
Happy to help but not by answering stupid questions.
Other than that it has now literally been discussed twice in the last three pages.
Any difference between it and the stock riser arise because manufacturers measure differently.