Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
There are so many variables. Navic running a 3600, fabio running a 3900X, so two very different processors with very different TDPs. One would think that, if a 120mm AIO is ok on a 3900X, then it should be more than adequate on a 3600, but it appears that isn't the case. Different programs to stress the CPU. Just to name a couple. (I'm sure they're also using different mobo's, vid cards, etc etc etc. Different ambient temps etc etc)
I would also say especially different mobo and bios settings!! And of course GPUs as well.
I should try with an open GPU card, like the 2070 Super that exhaust the hot air through the radiator.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Probably a stupid question, but what is causing the directly conflicting reports by Navic and fabio about the viability of 120mm radiators?
There are so many variables. Navic running a 3600, fabio running a 3900X, so two very different processors with very different TDPs. One would think that, if a 120mm AIO is ok on a 3900X, then it should be more than adequate on a 3600, but it appears that isn't the case. Different programs to stress the CPU. Just to name a couple. (I'm sure they're also using different mobo's, vid cards, etc etc etc. Different ambient temps etc etc)
I was running cinebench R20 for about 30 minutes with the CPU (3600) with everything stock on my Asus B450i, fabio is running blender for about 30 minutes. I feel like those are similar workloads, and I'm not sure BIOS settings would influence it too much, so I'm not sure. But I do think I have a sub-par sample, it's hard to get my CPU to run anything faster than 4.1GHz at 1.3v. The 3900x could also just run cooler despite consuming more power.
Even when I run folding@home on only the CPU with my 240mm AIO, the CPU can reach into the low 80s. I know it's not mounting pressure, defective cooler, or thermals paste, so I'm really not sure what caused our different results.
I still think that a 240mm AIO is a good idea, but a high quality 120mm AIO (like the EK) can be a good option for most people, as long as they aren't running long AVX workloads or rendering for long periods of time.

Reactions: Merry Monkey

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
no info yet so no idea, but will make it work anyway LOL (if it continues to be EK-collab then terminal rotary to the rescue!)

And I'm still waiting for Freeflow & Distro plate ?
Question, just came back from the discord to look at those pics you posted a few months back and seeing your new ones WOW, how did you fit the two slim fans ALONGSIDE a full 25mm? Is there a build log for this beauty so I can maybe cram a full size above my psu.

ALSO I ordered the case, Jan 4-6 batch! What a journey

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Question, just came back from the discord to look at those pics you posted a few months back and seeing your new ones WOW, how did you fit the two slim fans ALONGSIDE a full 25mm? Is there a build log for this beauty so I can maybe cram a full size above my psu.

ALSO I ordered the case, Jan 4-6 batch! What a journey
welp I did it for the EK-AIO and now for the custom loop. compatibility-wise, if it was the TX240 rad (20mm thick), fitting the 3rd full size fan below the rad is quite easy actually. I chose the harder route by using a thicker rad (30mm) just for the extra ports so that I can fill/drain the loop much quicker. You can check the build log in my signature, it has everything that I've done on my build up to this point

Reactions: eedev

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I was running cinebench R20 for about 30 minutes with the CPU (3600) with everything stock on my Asus B450i, fabio is running blender for about 30 minutes. I feel like those are similar workloads, and I'm not sure BIOS settings would influence it too much, so I'm not sure. But I do think I have a sub-par sample, it's hard to get my CPU to run anything faster than 4.1GHz at 1.3v. The 3900x could also just run cooler despite consuming more power.
Even when I run folding@home on only the CPU with my 240mm AIO, the CPU can reach into the low 80s. I know it's not mounting pressure, defective cooler, or thermals paste, so I'm really not sure what caused our different results.
I still think that a 240mm AIO is a good idea, but a high quality 120mm AIO (like the EK) can be a good option for most people, as long as they aren't running long AVX workloads or rendering for long periods of time.
Aaahhh, ok!
I think the main difference than is the mobo and the voltage also! I can do 4.1 at 1.175v, that is a huge different in temp!
I am pretty confident that if you switch to a b550 your temp will be lower.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
fabio want me to send you the HJ17 (17mm thick) radiator so you can run two 25thick fans and test?

btw, when are you getting a 3090?
I mean, if you send me it, I can test it of course! ?
I am not sure to get a 3090. I am not super excited by this generation actually! So much heat!

I am waiting to see the 6800XT. Than I will decide if I want To go with AMD or Nvidia and its upcoming 3080 20GB ?

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
I mean, if you send me it, I can test it of course! ?
I am not sure to get a 3090. I am not super excited by this generation actually! So much heat!

I am waiting to see the 6800XT. Than I will decide if I want To go with AMD or Nvidia and its upcoming 3080 20GB ?
Is there a 20gb 3080 coming? I read it was cancelled.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Ok... so my plan was to wait for the hybrid RTX 3080 to launch, but wtf is this 240 AIO??!?! The tubes look insanely long for this case, so I don't know if this will be the route I go or not... I don't suppose I NEED a 3080, but maybe I wanted one, ya know?!?! I might be reconsidering this plan, but if I go for it... I'll definitely post about it. Don't hold your breath, though, b/c it's not like they'll be available to buy in time before the RTX 4000 series launches, anyways.
I mean they also have to cater for bigger cases :D

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
1) I seem to have lost my receipt for my case, can someone tell me what email it comes from so I can more effectively search my inbox lol.
2) In the off chance I can't find it, is the team capable of resending it?

edit: nevermind, it was in my trash. now to ask the question I initially wanted to ask lol.

3) I feel like I remember reading something along the lines of "your preorder date is the latest this order is expected to ship" though I could be making this up, ignore if I am indeed making it up. Does that mean there's a chance it ships early? Have other preorder dates been shipping early?

Last edited:

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
I am kinda lost, what is HJ17? and also single 120 rad with 5600x and another 120 to cool GPU (3070/3080) or I am dreaming here?

ScubaSteve

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 16, 2020
Has anyone tested and/or thinks a 120mm aio can handle an overclocked 5600x? I've been changing my mind on L12s vs 120mm vs 240mm aio for months and I still can't decide.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Ray2r

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
Can someone tell me what this "More GPU Slot Options for T1?" voting is for? Is it a side panel that extrudes out of the case? Like a 2.75 GPU slot will have a side panel that extrudes out 0.75 PCIE slots? So you can fit a 2.75 Slot GPU inside of the 2 slot mode so the CPU side can have more space? Or is it simply a just another drill hole?

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Has anyone tested and/or thinks a 120mm aio can handle an overclocked 5600x? I've been changing my mind on L12s vs 120mm vs 240mm aio for months and I still can't decide.
I think it might, but from what I've heard from other people with that CPU, going with a 240mm AIO will provide you with the most overclocking headroom.
Can someone tell me what this "More GPU Slot Options for T1?" voting is for? Is it a side panel that extrudes out of the case? Like a 2.75 GPU slot will have a side panel that extrudes out 0.75 PCIE slots? So you can fit a 2.75 Slot GPU inside of the 2 slot mode so the CPU side can have more space? Or is it simply a just another drill hole?
I assume it will be a new back and front piece to replace the ones that come with the case as an upgrade, and possibly make it stock into the next revision of the case. But until we know official things, it's all up in the air right now, nothing has really been finalized or announced.

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
3) I feel like I remember reading something along the lines of "your preorder date is the latest this order is expected to ship" though I could be making this up, ignore if I am indeed making it up. Does that mean there's a chance it ships early? Have other preorder dates been shipping early?

Mine came about 1 week before original expected delivery, actually. I did get a notification that it was shipping though and I feel like it's more that it arrived early rather than was shipped early since it only took 4 days from notification to being at my door.

Reactions: hetvler