Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
Latest batch here came with mesh sides panels slightly bent in different areas. Really not satisfied with this level of finish. What is the best way to contact them for replacement?

Reactions: odeniz

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Lol ! I made the same choice.
and the 5800x has almost the same power consumption !!!
Well actually after looking at benchmarks i think i was getting suckered by workloads I'll never actually utilize. I've opted for the 5600x now haha. Seems the be more than plenty for 1440p gaming and making the occasional meme in photoshop.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
The chip... and the box! ;)

Formd T1 in black and silver for the december batch
Dynavox silver case feet
Asus x570-i
Nouvolo Aquanaut
EK DDC 3.2 pwm + heatsink
G.skill 32gb ram cl16 3600mhz
Coolworld 240mm radiator
2 Adata 2tb nvme m.2 ssd's
Corsair SF750
AMD 5900x
2 slim noctua fans because I currently have one, and the other one is making to much of a racket for my taste.
New power cable that will allow me to use the port on the back to connect the rad permanently, and give me more space for copper tubing.
IF i can manage to make it work, but currently recovering from corona so can't do anything atm.

And I'm planning on buying the 6900xt to go with it.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019
The chip... and the box! ;)

Formd T1 in black and silver for the december batch
Dynavox silver case feet
Asus x570-i
Nouvolo Aquanaut
EK DDC 3.2 pwm + heatsink
G.skill 32gb ram cl16 3600mhz
Coolworld 240mm radiator
2 Adata 2tb nvme m.2 ssd's
Corsair SF750
AMD 5900x
2 slim noctua fans because I currently have one, and the other one is making to much of a racket for my taste.
New power cable that will allow me to use the port on the back to connect the rad permanently, and give me more space for copper tubing.
IF i can manage to make it work, but currently recovering from corona so can't do anything atm.

And I'm planning on buying the 6900xt to go with it.

Curious to see the final result with all those parts :) PS: you didn't choose or have a GPU ?
Get well, Stay safe and always wash your hands !!

Last edited:
Reactions: PKAWA

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
@PKAWA I meant which option did you pick for the low profile power cable?
I'm going with the cable that's also used in the acat x1

I'll be using the forward version so that the cables will be routed towards the gpu.
But with a different connection for the backplate of the case

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Will the T1 be updated to accommodate longer RTX cards?
Ofcourse not. Basically everything would need to be made longer so that is such a high cost that they'll never do that.
And the P1 is already on the table, so i think that would be your best bet.
I think that will take another year though.

Reactions: DrHudacris

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
Yes, but i also bought a drill bit so it will be alright. Just need to be careful drilling the hole in the gpu.
I had troubles drilling through my GPU, after drilling through the PCB and the heat sink i tried to boot my card.... it refused to turn on, i have a feeling drilling through the heat sink meant my GPU thermal throttled and doesn't power on. If your water cooling though this shouldn't matter and you can just drill straight through the PCB without any issues.

• Haha
Reactions: ten13th and PKAWA