Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Famaku

Cable Smoosher
Sep 23, 2020
Hi,

this may be a layer 8 issue, but in 2Slot configuration the mainboard's standoff is too long and collides with the riser PCB:

Any idea what I'm missing?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hi,

this may be a layer 8 issue, but in 2Slot configuration the mainboard's standoff is too long and collides with the riser PCB:

Any idea what I'm missing?
This has been happening to a lot of people recently. They have changed the standoffs somewhere during production and these new standoffs are slightly longer than the old ones at the screw end.
You can sand off a bit of the standoff, or you can just not install that standoff there. You can still probably make it work without doing any of that though, because the screw won't come out if it's mostly screwed in, which it looks like it is.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Since I've ordered my case I guess it's time to start ordering part huh.

I know the h100i fits in 3slot mode but.... which h100i? There are several.

Alternatively, where does the lt240 come into stock for americans? And roughly how frequently?

Thanks!

Famaku

Cable Smoosher
Sep 23, 2020
This has been happening to a lot of people recently. They have changed the standoffs somewhere during production and these new standoffs are slightly longer than the old ones at the screw end.
You can sand off a bit of the standoff, or you can just not install that standoff there. You can still probably make it work without doing any of that though, because the screw won't come out if it's mostly screwed in, which it looks like it is.

Good to know I'm not screwing something up ? Thank you!

Reactions: DrHudacris

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
All of them will fit. I would get the Pro XT because you're going to swap out the fans, so no need for the RGB fans.
The H100i Pro RGB and the H100x have been discontinued.
Awesome, thanks! Is there any difference between the models other than RGBness? The lack of a comparison feature on their website is... not great.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
I have the same problem with my riser as described here:

Is this a problem with my batch or was it always like this?

How did you folks deal with this?

Last edited:

Ray2r

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
Not going to be building in this case until AM5 but I bought one anyways, haha. I don't want to buy a whole new AM4 build since this is the last year before AM5 in 2022. Hopefully, new revisions of this case don't change too much.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Awesome, thanks! Is there any difference between the models other than RGBness? The lack of a comparison feature on their website is... not great.
Not really. They all use the same pump, radiator, and coldplate as far as I can tell. All except the older ones that have been discontinued, those use older radiators and pumps.

I have the same problem with my riser as described here:

Is this a problem with my batch or was it always like this?

How did you folks deal with this?
This has been a problem for certain people. Try bending the riser before installing it so it will go around the motherboard almost perfectly. That thread also had some people talking about how they fixed the problem.

Last edited:

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
I cool a 3950x with a C7g with noctua fan swap in an A4 whilst i wait on my T1 to arrive and switch to 240mm water., prior to this i had a 1700 under an l9a.
the c7g is keeping ym 3950x cool enough for gaming and daily workloads and running a few VM's etc, I also have it in eco mode.
but if I smash it with say 2 bluray encodes and get the cpu up to 90% on all cores then it will thermal throttle after a while. it will turbo to 4ghz in gaming though as it only needs to boost 1-2 cores for this.
That said I do not recommend it, my setup has always been a palceholder cooling solution till i get a T1, a 3800x in eco mode or with SMT off (i don't know what your workloads are) and if you are willing to run the fans at 100% (i cap mine at 70% max for noise) then you would probably be fine, my 1700 on l9a never got over 75deg in 100% load in summer (32deg abient)

having additional case airflow that my Dan A4 has zero of would air a great deal as well, so air cooling with these LP air coolers would be more effective in the T1 than a Dan A4 for sure.

Strange thought. . .240mm air cooler with heat pipes to the cpu? would be 100% bespoke, but pretty cool, similar to the way Shuttle used to cool their old systems where they heat piped to a fin array on the exhaust of the case with a fan that was case exhaust and cpu cooler, kinda like a mini AIO but not an AIO. Worked really well for my skt939 AMD chip i had back then!
Well, I went on an ordering spree.
  • Noctua L12S (already own)
  • Noctua L9a (also 120mm hub from @Thehack)
  • Big Shuriken 3 (already own)
  • Cyrorig G7 G
  • IS 47K
I figure the BS3 and the L12S are the 2 main choices for air cooling in 2 slot mode while the remaining 3 are the best for 3 slot mode.
I'll be testing these with the 5900x at stock clocks and my "optimized" clocks.
If I'm able to get a 5900x on launch day, results should be done within a week.

*crosses fingers to beat bots*

V_F

Cable Smoosher
Jul 10, 2020
The new dc-lt pump changes its impeller, previously shaft on it, now the shaft on stator, and on impeller there's a metal cylinder on the outside wall of shaft holding, don't know what it's used for

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Do we know if and when the T1 will be updated to use a PCIE 4.0 cable by default? Would be good to have to use AMD's Smart Access Memory. Part of why I'm hesitant to order just yet.

Last edited:

HPr

Efficiency Noob
Sep 4, 2020
builds.gg
Just ordered a black T1 for delivery late December, it looks like it is shipped with pci 3.0 riser, if there is possibility to have this shipped with pci 4.0 i am open to do what it takes. If not, what would be ( brand, length, type) of riser 4.0 I should order elsewhere? thanks

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

Ray2r

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
Just ordered a black T1 for delivery late December, it looks like it is shipped with pci 3.0 riser, if there is possibility to have this shipped with pci 4.0 i am open to do what it takes. If not, what would be ( brand, length, type) of riser 4.0 I should order elsewhere? thanks
The shipping date is late December not delivery date. Add 2-4 weeks on top of that date.
Google up PCIE 4.0 Riser, it will be the very first Amazon link. They go for 80$ on Amazon. The same equivalent PCIE 3.0 Riser is only 22$ on Amazon. For a 30cm length.

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
All of them will fit. I would get the Pro XT because you're going to swap out the fans, so no need for the RGB fans.
The H100i Pro RGB and the H100x have been discontinued.
According to some reviews I've read, the Platinum performs better than the Pro, but the pump is more audible.

What fans do you recommend for a 240 Radiator? Noctua NF-A12x15 (PWM)?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Do we know if and when the T1 will be updated to use a PCIE 4.0 cable by default? Would be good to have to use AMD's Smart Access Memory. Part of why I'm hesitant to order just yet.

Currently PCIE 4.0 is not available with the T1 and you will have to source it yourself until @Wahaha360 says otherwise.

Personally based on what I have read from reliable testers, pcie 4.0 only makes a big difference with ssd storage and not much when it comes with GPU.

There are many posts on here where I have posted links to sources of information who have performed reliable testing.

I would wait til reviewers and people like pudget systems get their hands on the cards to see if its worth buying because marketing material can be made to look like it's better. Do not believe a MANUFACTURER'S own numbers. Wait for INDEPENDENT testing.

From past launches, AMD drivers will not be as good. It will be smart to wait a few months for them to mature. I have learned over the last 10+ yrs it's not worth being an early adopter.

Last edited:

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Currently PCIE 4.0 is not available with the T1 and you will have to source it yourself until @Wahaha360 says otherwise.

Personally based on what I have read from reliable testers, pcie 4.0 only makes a big difference with ssd storage and not much when it comes with GPU.

There are many posts on here where I have posted links to sources of information who have performed reliable testing.

I would wait til reviewers and people like pudget systems get their hands on the cards to see if its worth buying because marketing material can be made to look like it's better. Do not believe a MANUFACTURER'S own numbers. Wait for INDEPENDENT testing.

From past launches, AMD drivers will not be as good. It will be smart to wait a few months for them to mature. I have learned over the last 10+ yrs it's not worth being an early adopter.

Thanks for the prompt response.

I was less asking due to bandwidth and more due to the concern that Smart Access Memory may need 4.0 to function, since it's limited to Zen 3 and 500-series motherboards. Without it, performance with the new AMD cards may not be what it could be.

But you're right, it may not have the impact AMD advertised either - I guess we'll see once all the benchmarks come out soon enough.

Thanks again.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Thanks for the prompt response.

I was less asking due to bandwidth and more due to the concern that Smart Access Memory may need 4.0 to function, since it's limited to Zen 3 and 500-series motherboards. Without it, performance with the new AMD cards may not be what it could be.

But you're right, it may not have the impact AMD advertised either - I guess we'll see once all the benchmarks come out soon enough.

Thanks again.

Personally I don't give a damn about new stuff until there is independent testing out there. I've learned not to trust the companies who make the stuff no matter what it is.

Reactions: robojim

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Since I've ordered my case I guess it's time to start ordering part huh.

I know the h100i fits in 3slot mode but.... which h100i? There are several.

Alternatively, where does the lt240 come into stock for americans? And roughly how frequently?

Thanks!

overclockers.uk shipping isnt terrible. directly from alphacool is like 50 made up currency units whereas overclockers is only 20 made up currency units. Might just bite the bullet and get the 240.

This post was brought to you by USD gang