Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
What does that mean?

I can set my bios to run at 4.0 on my 2070 super, it obviously doesn’t provide that though....!?

Reactions: fabio

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Mega fan comparison with TX radiator (the unicorn radiator), plus 1 test with Leviathan SF. Note: Coolant 60C is considered a fail. All tests are side panels on unless otherwise stated.

imgur link

Reddit link with chart

-Things to take note, push-pull on PSU side definitely gains some cooling headroom. Even with 2x A12x25, a kaze flex slim dropped the Delta coolant temp 2.5C.
-A12x25 are truly amazing, beating even the Arctic P12 (also ~150 more RPM) @thelaughingman
-I did not sand the noctuas lol; I just tightly held the mesh panels together and put the top panel on top of the panels to simulate

Edit: fixed imgur link, hopefully

Last edited:

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
Mega fan comparison with TX radiator (the unicorn radiator), plus 1 test with Leviathan SF. Note: Coolant 60C is considered a fail. All tests are side panels on unless otherwise stated.

-Things to take note, push-pull on PSU side definitely gains some cooling headroom. Even with 2x A12x25, a kaze flex slim dropped the Delta coolant temp 2.5C.
-A12x25 are truly amazing, beating even the Arctic P12 (also ~150 more RPM) @thelaughingman
-I did not sand the noctuas lol; I just tightly held the mesh panels together and put the top panel on top of the panels to simulate
I haven't been keeping up with your adventures recently. Are you currently using the TX 240 with two A12x25s? What exactly is your loop right now? im assuming the one radiator and 3 fans?

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019

Pics aren't showing when clicked. Never mind.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Pics aren't showing when clicked.
Hopefully fixed now.

I haven't been keeping up with your adventures recently. Are you currently using the TX 240 with two A12x25s? What exactly is your loop right now? im assuming the one radiator and 3 fans?
Currently open frame with A12x25 x2 and Kaze flex slim x1. But I ordered a white FormD T1 when it was last available, so I'll wait for that for a new build (air cooled?).

I think I have to sell my 1080 tis before they lose too much value... ?

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
Hopefully fixed now.

Currently open frame with A12x25 x2 and Kaze flex slim x1. But I ordered a white FormD T1 when it was last available, so I'll wait for that for a new build (air cooled?).

I think I have to sell my 1080 tis before they lose too much value... ?
Open frame, that makes sence... i was wondering how you fit the tx240 and 2 25 mm fans?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Open frame, that makes sence... i was wondering how you fit the tx240 and 2 25 mm fans?

I can close the case completely with Kaze flex standard thickness and with arctic P12, because I've sanded/filed down the frames of the fans to fit. But I can't do that to the Noctuas! They're too nice and the plastic is different, much denser and less flexible.

Reactions: fabio

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

imgur link

Reddit link with chart

Edit: fixed imgur link, hopefully
yeah, A12x25 is pretty much TOTL now unless you go full deaf and use IPPC 3000 ? makes me want to sand them down even more haha, 3x A12x25 on TX240 incoming, sometimes in the near future, ish ? btw you don't have A12x15? I suspect the might just make it under 60C coolant temp. and the push-pull fan will be dependant on the cable clutter around the PSU, evident as when I tested default vs flipped PSU with stock Corsair cables. can't wait for my M2426 to come!

I can set up the same in the BIOS! But I don’t have anything to test the difference from PCIE 3!
nothing to test really, just pretty to see link speed of 16GT/s in HWiNFO64

Reactions: Madhawk1995

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
yeah, A12x25 is pretty much TOTL now unless you go full deaf and use IPPC 3000 ? makes me want to sand them down even more haha, 3x A12x25 on TX240 incoming, sometimes in the near future, ish ? btw you don't have A12x15? I suspect the might just make it under 60C coolant temp. and the push-pull fan will be dependant on the cable clutter around the PSU, evident as when I tested default vs flipped PSU with stock Corsair cables. can't wait for my M2426 to come!

nothing to test really, just pretty to see link speed of 16GT/s in HWiNFO64

Oh I actually do have A12x15s, I forgot to test haha. I'll do that tomorrow with closed panels and see how they do.

• Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
SO, I am playing around a bit with the Air-cooled setup, trying different L12s orientation, fans intake/exhaust.
I did a Blender render test for 30min, with the CPU fan both in Intake and Exhaust.
Even if the CPU run a bit higher in temp, having the CPU fan in EXHAUST let all the other components to be cooler!
This is true of course with my AMD 3950X at stock and the Titan V with the Blower Cooler.

The results are (all panel closed and both fans at 100% - Top Noctua S12A Exhaust):

L12S INTAKE
CPU - 75C / 77max
GPU - 45C
SSDs - 55C (OS Front), 57C (Back)
VRM - 68C
CHIPSET - 64C
AMBIENT - 23,4C

-

L12S EXHAUST

CPU - 76C / 79max
GPU - 40C
SSDs - 40C (OS Front), 41C (Back)
VRM - 59C
CHIPSET - 54C
AMBIENT - 23,0C

Later I will try to rotate 90degrees the L12S and check if any difference! With this, I'll try also the second top fan as well if makes any change.

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
Hey all, just posting a pic of my nearly finished build (let’s be honest it’ll never be completely finished).

I believe there was conversation around the Alphacool DC-LT Plexi Top being able to fit in the Formd T1. I am yet to see a photo of it so hopefully this may help someone who might also have had trouble sourcing the DC-LT 40 or who would like to go for the plexi look!

I am running 2slot GPU Mode with PSU offset on the 20mm extenders. The plexi top will likely fit even without PSU offset. Keep in mind my GPU is tiny (~232mm) so this plexi top may not fit if your GPU is on the longer side! The Plexi top is 49mm wide vs the 40mm of the DC-LT 40 eistation.

more pics of external rad ready build.

Reddit post

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
Watercooling wise I think I'm going to go with the aurora lt solo pump block with either the st25 240 or the ek se classic 240 and 2 slim noctua fans and air cool GPU... then when @Wahaha360 releases a 17mm full core radiator ill buy 2, one for the top with 2 chromax nf-a12x25 (when their released) and one for the side next to gpu block with two nf-a12x15 fans and then ill upgrade GPU and watercool it. I think that would be the Ultimate cooling solution. Wahaha360 could also design a metal bracket that secures a side radiator in place.

@DrHudacris idea of a custom end game radiator with an all core 17mm radiator would be amazing to see. Please make this a reality.