Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
I was just thinking that is a great pump option, work well in the T1 being that low profile. But yeah the one without the pump does look better.
Just noticed that you are asking the height with pump installed. A normal DDC is a little taller than 21mm so 24-25mm thickness will have no issue installing into the T1 with even the 3-slot config (50mm limit).

Reactions: rfarmer

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
Right angle fittings would be more than 25mm though? (unless you go for the Koolance swivel fittings)

Seems like 2-slot config only to use standard rotary fittings with that monoblock.

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
Right angle fittings would be more than 25mm though? (unless you go for the Koolance swivel fittings)

Seems like 2-slot config only to use standard rotary fittings with that monoblock.
Choice exists.
Alphacool has ultra low profile 90° fittings (But only work with their own tube). Barrowch has a 25mm tall rotary fitting (it is what I'm gonna use)

Reactions: DrHudacris

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
Wow that is such a sweet combo! Do you buy directly off Taobao ? I almost got through the payment process then my credit card was blocked due to fraud. Tried again and I couldn't get on the same US shipping payment page. 3rd party websites charge a huge fee along with shipping.
Don't know whether I can help you.
The most popular international shipping method among us is to ship them to a local shipping company. They can package your items and ship with international companies like Fedex, DHL, EMS, etc. If your payment option works with Chinese address then it works.

tyen

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2018
While taking off the panels to do a bit of de-dusting and maintenance I thought I'd take some photos and talk about a modification I had to make to accommodate my CPU cooler.

I've had the T1 since March it's been a great case. Cleaning it is such a breeze since all four panels are held in place with 4 small screws and lock together.

I stand it vertically next to my desk with the IO ports on the top, and a notebook on the base to prevent any scratches.
Here's a couple photos of it as I was de-dusting it.

A month or so ago I replaced the Corsair H60 with a Cryorig C7 CU + Noctua Fan. I had some trouble mounting the GPU on as the back plate of the cooler is quite thick and there wasn't enough clearance for the GPU.

So I raised the motherboard using some nylon standoffs.

Here's a photo showing the standoffs.

This shows the rear of the motherboard and the nuts for the cpu cooler.

The riser cable is only just long enough for this configuration. Using standoffs any taller would mean the default cable could not reach.

Last edited:

tokes808

Average Stuffer
Aug 24, 2020
Don't know whether I can help you.
The most popular international shipping method among us is to ship them to a local shipping company. They can package your items and ship with international companies like Fedex, DHL, EMS, etc. If your payment option works with Chinese address then it works.
Oh I understand so it would be cheaper to buy from Taobao then ship it to a 3rd party such as SuperBuy to import into USA instead of going through Superbuy and having to pay much more $ ? I will do that next time as I just purchased a Louqe Ghost S1 MK3 & Large top hat for $430 + $290 shipping. I only paid that much because I didn't want to wait 2 months. Now I regret not buying the FormD T1 in Silver or White.

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Guys, I know that is OT, but here the official 3090 FE Bykski GPU block dimensions!

127x186.2x19.5 mm!!
View attachment 755
You can buy it here!

Display meter here!

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
It seems like superbuy doesn't charge additional fee for 3rd party purchasing. It only charges for shipping. I don't know how is the Ghost S1 packaged but $290 sounds really unreasonable (Maybe it's packaged too well that it's volume is too large). The international shipping fee depends on volume instead of weight. It costs about $200 to ship a 40*40*40cm package to US (DHL). As a result, it won't cost that much for a monoblock. That's pretty small so shipping volume won't be that large. I'd say you may cost about $30-50 more to buy that block to US.

But the thing is, if you don't talk with the store, he will make the 27mm version. That's kind of dangerous for 3-slot config. If you can leave a comment to let Superbuy communicate with the store so that he can make the 25mm version, do it.

Another thing, if you found that Superbuy charges fees not only for shipping. I could help you communicate with the store, in case you can pay with your card. Also, that guy told me he's planning to open a Paypal account so payment will not be a problem. Tell me if you need that!

tokes808

Average Stuffer
Aug 24, 2020
Alright thank you very much for that info about the different sizes of the block. I will pm you if I run into issues with communication or payment. If more vendors accepted Paypal that would be awesome.

Reactions: wenyuax

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
Alright thank you very much for that info about the different sizes of the block. I will pm you if I run into issues with communication or payment. If more vendors accepted Paypal that would be awesome.
Just contact the vendor bro!
He just told me English is OK, so you can communicate with him directly. He ships with SF Express and costs about $40 to US.

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Question: if you use a 25mm radiator like the LT240/ST25, how do you secure the 15mm fans ? That radiator isn't thick enough to just mash the fan onto the radiator by the top panel, and M3x20 screws are not common in my country

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
Question: if you use a 25mm radiator like the LT240/ST25, how do you secure the 15mm fans ? That radiator isn't thick enough to just mash the fan onto the radiator by the top panel, and M3x20 screws are not common in my country
Can't believe you cannot find M3x20 screws...
There should be some screws kits, otherwise how will guys like maintenance man work?
Or if that's really true, maybe you can saw the screws to be 20mm long.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
How this case for straight air cooling ?

I have a few build logs in here before going hybrid cooling, but here's the big testing results post I made for the best CPU coolers in this case.

CPU Air Cooling Temperature Comparisons - Alpenfohn Black Ridge v2 vs Noctua L12S

Components:

• CPU
    • Intel i5 9600K
    • 4.6Ghz All Core Overclock at 1.175v
    • AVX offset - 2
    • LLC - 1
    • Long duration power limit - 95w
    • Short duration power limit - 135w
  • GPU
    • EVGA RTX 2070 XC Gaming
    • +110 boost clock
    • +850 memory clock
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Alpenfohn Black Ridge v2 w/ two fans
    • 92mm Fan: Noctua NF-A9
    • 120mm Fan: Noctua NF-A12x15
Idle Temps - 32-36 C
  • RealBench 15min Stress Test:
    • CPU Max temperature - 74 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 61 C

• Cinebench R20 5 Pass Loop (2:05 per loop):
    • CPU Max temperature - 71 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 33 C

• 1 hour+ Hunt Showdown Gaming:
    • CPU Max temperature - 71 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 76 C
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Noctua L12S
    • 120mm Fan: Noctua NF-A12x15
Idle Temps - 28-31 C
  • RealBench 15min Stress Test:
    • CPU Max temperature - 68 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 56 C

• Cinebench R20 5 Pass Loop (2:05 per loop):
    • CPU Max temperature - 66 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 29 C

• 1 hour+ Hunt Showdown Gaming:
    • CPU Max temperature - 64 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 73 C

Conclusion:

I'm impressed with how well BRv2 holds up against the larger Noctua L12S in my temperature comparison, but there is a major difference that I unfortunately don't have the proper tools to measure, and that's noise levels. Using only my ears, I can say the L12S is noticeably quieter than BRv2, and I can only assume that has all to do with how close the fan is to the mesh perforations with BRv2. I didn't pay close enough attention to the fan RPMs when BRv2 was installed, but my CPU fan didn't break 1050 RPM on the L12S during the Cinebench R20 run, which blows my mind. For anyone with Noctua fans in their systems, you know that's practically silent.

Another major pro for the L12S is the installation process. Noctua has made that a very easy and satisfying experience, whereas installing the BRv2 is the opposite of that. Beginners need to take a lot of care when installing BRv2, as there are no preventative measures in place to prevent tightening the mounting screws to the point of snapping your motherboard in half.

I know my CPU OC can't be described as anything other than mild, and the 9600K isn't that hot of a chip to begin with, but hopefully these results help future builders in the FormD T1. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing more T1 builds!

Basically, this case is great for air cooling as well as water cooling. :)